No Getaway cruise Oct. 23-30, 2016?

Kkate

Does anyone have any idea why there would be no cruise showing for the Getaway on NCL site for Oct. 23-30, 2016?

Looks like it might be chartered. There is an online travel agency advertising it for a Western Caribbean itinerary. Google Norwegian Getaway October 23-30, 2016 and it shows up.

Edited by Beaver1975

I did call NCL over the weekend, but got a response of the cruise is sold out for new bookings with 4 people on the reservation. I asked why I couldn't even see it on the website, and I obviously stumped the person on the line as they really didn't know. I need to call back.

Here is my question - In the past when NCL has chartered boats did they move people to different dates or just let them stay on the boat as a reservation was made ahead of the cruise being chartered?

I did call NCL over the weekend, but got a response of the cruise is sold out for new bookings with 4 people on the reservation. I asked why I couldn't even see it on the website, and I obviously stumped the person on the line as they really didn't know. I need to call back.

Here is my question - In the past when NCL has chartered boats did they move people to different dates or just let them stay on the boat as a reservation was made ahead of the cruise being chartered?

Does that mean you could book with two rooms of 2?? :confused:

Called NCL again they now say that the Oct 23 is sold out. That is why it does not show up. I am thinking charter? This is our 20th anniversary trip. We are booked in the Haven. But thinking I might better start looking for another option.

Called NCL again they now say that the Oct 23 is sold out. That is why it does not show up. I am thinking charter? This is our 20th anniversary trip. We are booked in the Haven. But thinking I might better start looking for another option.

It could be a partial charter which would not affect your booking.

Google Norwegian Getaway October 23, 2016 and call the Travel Agency that comes up and ask them what kind of charter they are selling. It should be about the fourth entry down in a place called Montrose. ;)

I immediately thought that might be when Getaway is being used as a hotel for the Olympics in Rio, but then the October part registered. Duh! The Olympics thing will be during summer, whenever those games are.

If I rebook for another cruise should I wait till the cruise is canceled or go ahead and rebook one now. Did not know if they will give some special deal for it if they cancel it. I hate to lose the package that I booked under but the new packages are not to bad if I rebook in a Haven another week on the Getaway. I was thinking rebook for the following week on the Getaway and do a 4 day cruise on the Sky the week we were on the Getaway for our Anniversary. Any help would be great thanks

I hope it works out for you. I think we are going to cancel and book another kind of trip. I'm not big on cruising anyway (seasickness lol). For the price you pay for the haven for 1 week a can take a longer vacation somewhere else

When the Pearl was just starting to be chartered for long periods of time, there was often a delay between a known charter being announced and NCL actually moving booked passengers to other ships/weeks.

It's likely that the customer service reps you're talking to don't know any more than someone who is booking through the website.