Hull Balcony

We had a deck 8 'hull' balcony on the Dawn a while back. It has a bit of metal running around the balcony opening but we honestly loved it. No obstructions, you should be fine :) .

Edited by mbisson

Here is cabin 8032 on the Dawn. 8528 will be on the other side (port) of the ship, in about the same location. You can see how it is somewhat enclosed compared to the balconies above it. I wouldn't really call it "obstructed view" though.

dawn8032.jpg

That metal framing in the pic actually can help you find a nice shady spot to sit if the sun is blasting in.

I need to check my cabin #. nope 8518 prob 5 doors away

Edited by mbisson

Lordy I hope this works. I'm now posting from my wifes computer as that's where the cruise photos are. I hope this doesn't turn into a giant picture as I don't know how to scale them on this 'puter...but here's a photo taken looking from the door out onto the balcony. I thought there were others, but this is the only one I can locate. Hopefully it will give you the idea

100_3354.jpg.aad2bd0daece062d1b683ef8158190f4.jpg

Edited by mbisson

We liked our 'cove' enough that we'll be requesting them in the future ('cept when we can get a B1 Aft balcony :) )

We booked a balcony GTY several years ago and were assigned cabin 10010 on an 10/10/2010 cruise. Frankly, we loved what we've heard people also refer to as a "cove balcony"... always had some shade and kept us protected from wind. Also had a great view of the captain as he maneuvered the ship.

Thanks for all the info on my hull balcony. We're in a guarantee balcony and were wondering if we should choose something else. I think, unless we get offered an upgrade,, we'll keep this cabin. Thanks mbisson your picture came out beautiful.

Can anyone tell me about a hull balcony on the Dawn. It is near the front of the ship. Could this be an obstructed view? Cabin 8528. Thanks!

We had a great view from Dawn's cabin 8538 Oct. 2014 when we ran strait into Hurricane Fay coming into Bermuda . :eek:

The bow spray flying past us was magnificent .

We absolutely Loved the hulled balcony .

Edited by biker@sea

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the location of these cabins on the Dawn? Does a list by cabin number exist? Or does NCL indicate it anywhere in the cabin description that I'm just not seeing?

Considering upgrading to a balcony on our upcoming cruise and if like to know which type of balcony we'd have. Not doing a guarantee, there are several family balcony cabins available. Thanks!