Booking shows

khastings22

Some of the shows you can just show up to see. But, many of the more popular ones, like Rock of Ages or the Pajama Jam, require an advance booking or you risk missing the show if it sells out. I didn't see an option to do it on the website, even though I was able to make all dining reservations there. I assumed I have to do it on the ship? But maybe a more experienced cruiser know that for sure? I've only been on one other ncl cruise and it was awhile ago.

You have to book shows ahead of time?

You don't show up shortly before the show starts?:confused:

If you are on older, "smaller" ships (built before Epic) then it's all first come, first seated.

On new megaships the entertainment is not set up the same way as on older ships and while you can show up 10 minutes before the show to get in without reservations, people with reservations have already most likely taken the good seats.

On the newer ships, which are the only ones I cruise on, you can set up shows beforehand on ncl.com if you've registered as a user. Your reservation will show up there. In addition to the "big" shows, such as BMG, Rock and Pretty in Pink, you can sign up for Second City and the pay/dinner shows like Le a Cirque. Not all shows are available all days.

If you are on older, "smaller" ships (built before Epic) then it's all first come, first seated.

On new megaships the entertainment is not set up the same way as on older ships and while you can show up 10 minutes before the show to get in without reservations, people with reservations have already most likely taken the good seats.

Sometimes all the seats.