NCL Roll Call Board

Host Mama

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main NCL board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for NCL. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=110 Click here and then locate the ship on which you'll be cruising. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. NCL's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within four to six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general NCL cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contact me or Host Star and we'll be happy to help. hostmama@cruisecritic.com or hostStar@cruisecritic.com.

Ann

Aka Host Mama

Hi Gypsea,

The Roll Calls here on Cruise Critic are provided so that you can find other folks sailing on the same ship and date as you, get to know them pre-sailing, and then meet on board.

As far as I know, but Ive been wrong before (maybe once:-), there is no other sign up for NCL.

Ann

Aka Host Mama

Mama:

isn't there a place we are supposed to sign up besides the thread for our date? I can't remember but I think I've done that in the past.

thanks,

Rita

NCL does not have a formal "meet & greet" signup like RCI and Celebrity. You roll call is the only place for this and then someone has to contact NCL to set up a meeting place on the ship.

PE

Another suggestion for Mama: On the RCI Board, they have a link to the roll call board at the top of the page. (in the box where it talks about Questions, comments, concerns.....) Perhaps putting a link to "Roll Calls" in that box would help. We could then simply direct people to hit that link and go to the page where all the ships are listed.

• 6 months later...

Hi, A friend just told me about this site. I've read a few of the posts, and am not sure where I'm to sign up for the "meet and greet" I will be traveling with my husband, two daughters, their husbands and our 8 year old grandson.

We have all cruised with NCL, but were not aware of all this online activity! I'm sure you will let me know if I should be on another "thread"! By the way, 4 of us are from Oregon, 3 from Maryland.

Hi, A friend just told me about this site. I've read a few of the posts, and am not sure where I'm to sign up for the "meet and greet" I will be traveling with my husband, two daughters, their husbands and our 8 year old grandson.

We have all cruised with NCL, but were not aware of all this online activity! I'm sure you will let me know if I should be on another "thread"! By the way, 4 of us are from Oregon, 3 from Maryland.

Hi.. go back to the "Boards" page. Towards the middle, look for "Roll Calls." Click on that and look for you ship. Click on that and look for your cruise date. Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to add that Roll Calls are open to ALL passengers, even those who are part of other groups (reunions, group seminars, etc). It's not a big deal if your group's schedule makes it impossible to attend your Roll Call's onboard meet'n'greet; the RC board can be a valuable resource for info on the ship, destinations and the like.

Besides, we'll give you sanctuary in the event that your own group starts getting on your nerves (spoken as someone who's cruised with 17 beloved family members).... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see a standard title format for the roll call (date, ship, itinerary, etc.) (2/20/2010 Pearl Caribbean), so that it would be easier to locate a cruise and date! Just a thought.

I also agree with this! Would make it much easier ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Good to read about all of you. My husband, George and myself Kathy are really looking forward to our trip. My husband is a tax accountant so this will be his last time off for months. We are both in our 60's and have been sailing for over 20 years. We love the free style sailing and for those of you who haven't experienced NCL I hope that you like it as well.

I frequent the martini bar and the martini tastings. We both go to the wine tastings.

We are worried about the problems in Honduras and are expecting some of the ports to change if it doesn't clear up by our sailing. Any thoughts on that?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are cruising for the first time. We are celebrating a two year wedding anniversary. I noticed that a lot of people are opting for private tours. We have bought the rick steves' travel book and have decided to venture out on our own for most of the ports. Hopefully this won't be too much of an issue. We decided to do one NCL excursion in florence- the chianti wine tasting. Is anyone else taking this excursion? Looking forward to meeting everyone....good luck with the planning!

Edited by Apex1