How is the WiFi on board?

surfsunfun

How is the WiFi on board (we will be on SDII). I am not really worried about having much access to the outside world, sometimes I would rather not while on vacation! However, it happens that 2 events that I participate in every year both have their online registration open during our first 2 days on board and if without a quick internet connection I will most likely be locked out of the events. Are my chances good or should I recruit someone at home to get online and register for me? Thanks!

Thanks HH. Most likely will be first thing in the morning, 6-7am. So hopefully that will work in my favor! Thanks for the quick response...which is a good sign since you appear to be on board!:)

Apparently so surfsunfun !

When I was most recently on board (Dec. 5-12), there was absolutely no Wi-Fi signal on SD II at the TOY Bar. This was a significant departure from prior voyages. I noted the issue on my comment card and today received an email from SD in Miami stating "We have hired a tech to aid in improving the onboard internet." So that's what I know as of today.

I'm interested in hearing from h-h, Jim, Vandrefalk or anybody else who has current experience with the onboard Wi-Fi. Does it now work at the TOYB? Has the tech done anything to improve the onboard Wi-Fi experience?

Thanks in advance. First one to respond gets a free Presidente!

When I was most recently on board (Dec. 5-12), there was absolutely no Wi-Fi signal on SD II at the TOY Bar. This was a significant departure from prior voyages. I noted the issue on my comment card and today received an email from SD in Miami stating "We have hired a tech to aid in improving the onboard internet." So that's what I know as of today.

I'm interested in hearing from h-h, Jim, Vandrefalk or anybody else who has current experience with the onboard Wi-Fi. Does it now work at the TOYB? Has the tech done anything to improve the onboard Wi-Fi experience?

Thanks in advance. First one to respond gets a free Presidente!

Hum, Hum, Hum........ a FREE "Presidente" !

Oh my !

ctbjr1309, SD Oslo have listened to your comments on the GCC and have done..

absolutely nothin' about it !!!

Hahahaha

Ahahaha

Wi-fi only works in cabins.

ctbjr1309, SD Oslo have listened to your comments on the GCC and have done..

absolutely nothin' about it !!!

Yep. Sounds about right. Thanks, h-h.

However, I'm sure that said "tech" will have resolved the issue by the time we return in March.

I have my own theory as to why there is no Wi-Fi in public areas on board but that's an issue for another day.

Yep. Sounds about right. Thanks, h-h

I have my own theory as to why there is no Wi-Fi in public areas on board but that's an issue for another day.

That is so you won't have your head buried in your "device" in public.🙀☀️

Geniuses Alert !

Geniuses Alert !

Roll Tide !!!

We just disembarked this morning. I wasted the $99 for wifi. I could only get it in my cabin and we don't spend any time in our cabin. I could not get it on deck. However, at most times I was able to get to what I wanted using the 3G on my phone. However, I think that is itinerary dependent. On this itinerary I was lucky. But the voyage was absolutely wonderful, wifi or not.

We just disembarked this morning. I wasted the $99 for wifi. I could only get it in my cabin and we don't spend any time in our cabin. I could not get it on deck. However, at most times I was able to get to what I wanted using the 3G on my phone. However, I think that is itinerary dependent. On this itinerary I was lucky. But the voyage was absolutely wonderful, wifi or not.

Glad you enjoyed your voyage. I'm convinced that the absence of wifi in public areas is quite intentional. Previously wifi was fine at TOYB but last month it was suddenly non existent. If intentional, I wish that SD would just acknowledge it rather than responding to my comment card by saying that they've "...hired a tech to aid in improving the onboard internet..." If nothing else, I'll have another data point in March and will report back then.

Glad you enjoyed your voyage. I'm convinced that the absence of wifi in public areas is quite intentional. Previously wifi was fine at TOYB but last month it was suddenly non existent. If intentional, I wish that SD would just acknowledge it rather than responding to my comment card by saying that they've "...hired a tech to aid in improving the onboard internet..." If nothing else, I'll have another data point in March and will report back then.

Hum feels your pain...

Edited by ho-hum

Kisses for the Roll Tide Mr Hum (and especially Blondie).🍸🎉🍷

Just got in (home)....24 hours after being "booted off" boat AND what a lovely message.

Just poured a glass of "bubbly" (yes there was "Grande Siecle" on the Atlanta - London leg but it's been over 4 hours).

Hum dont need a reason for kisses ..... life just too short !

Love and hugs to you and the fabulous Lois.....what a girl !

Hum's just desperate now to "hang out" with you both and Raggy and Mrs.R......provided light conditions are right ..... dont they have electric lighting in California. Hum heard about the water shortages but electric cuts too....how do dem crazy people do it ?

Hum's used to the deprived (and a lot of depraved too); visiting chums in the "settlement" is an education !!!

Anyways you now have Hum's personal email: DUKE@HRH.UK so send us the "X-rated stuff" anytimes but remember OUR real chums are here.

Has Hum wished y'all a Happy New Year yet ?

Please forgive dum-hum.

Just got in (home)....24 hours after being "booted off" boat AND what a lovely message.

Just poured a glass of "bubbly" (yes there was "Grande Siecle" on the Atlanta - London leg but it's been over 4 hours).

Hum dont need a reason for kisses ..... life just too short !

Love and hugs to you and the fabulous Lois.....what a girl !

Hum's just desperate now to "hang out" with you both and Raggy and Mrs.R......provided light conditions are right ..... dont they have electric lighting in California. Hum heard about the water shortages but electric cuts too....how do dem crazy people do it ?

Hum's used to the deprived (and a lot of depraved too); visiting chums in the "settlement" is an education !!!

Anyways you now have Hum's personal email: DUKE@HRH.UK so send us the "X-rated stuff" anytimes but remember OUR real chums are here.

Has Hum wished y'all a Happy New Year yet ?

Please forgive dum-hum.

Thanks for the kind words and we feel that meeting all our CC chums made the trip! So nice of you to finally include your email. How original stealing John Wayne's nickname "Duke". I had no idea you were affiliated with the Home Repair Hotline. I understand there is good money in that. Looking forward to the next time. All the best,

Jim & Lois