Things that aren't right.

GUT2407

This morning I noticed that our New Zealand Cruise next January had dropped $200 per person, with no OBC being offered, under the new Sail & Save fare.

For our booking made a couple of weeks ago we will receive $150 each OBC, so under the current offer we would in fact, be better off by $50 each.

I rang Princess and was told they couldn't refare because we used a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD - $100) as our deposit and the rules changed in April 2017. As discussed in other posts on Cruisecritic, the $100 FCD is now treated like a normal cash deposit and if sailing date falls within the specified cancellation period, they are unable to refare without the usual penalties.

Interesting, I did not have any FCD letters for this one so paid normal deposit. Will test Princess out for a refare if the opportunity arises before March when our final payment is due. Maybe different rules for cruises departing from overseas ports - i.e. Southampton?:evilsmile: I did not pay a fortune for the Sapphire on May 26, booked part obstructed view cabin, do us, been in those many times.

Thanks for the information. Not cruised on Princess since October last year, did refare on that, but it was from LA - Panama Canal.

Totally agree, but it is a money making activity for lines like Princess who are over the top with their Art Auctions. But as we know most attend only for the glass of Korbel $3 a bottle, 'special' :eek:l Princess bubbly.' Yuk. :') Personally I stay clear of them.:evilsmile:

But then again, some pax like to attend them on a sea day, something to do I suppose.

I don't know what Princess make out of it but as it is subcontracted out to Park west or similar, I imagine it is a percentage of sales.

In Australia with Princess if price drop before final payment, they will reduce price - no penalty - no charge , like in USA. Done it several times in my 18 Princess cruises. They don't offer, you have to ask. Thus I monitor my Princess reservations re price fluctuations.

Bit tough they don't do if for the Brits.:evilsmile:.

Unless you go through a TA and then it depends on which TA it is.

Watching a girl scratch her lady parts then walk into the buffet without sanitizing and serve herself at the buffet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good one, then seeing her picking food off her plate with her bacteria infected fingers and devouring it as she moves along the chow line. Oh yes me old duckies, seen males do that too, don't want the ladies on here to flame me.:p:eek:

It was incredibly gross how many people did not sanitize when going to eat... royal only made sure people did when going into the main buffet but none of the other areas where food was served ...

quote=NSWP;54118808]Good one, then seeing her picking food off her plate with her bacteria infected fingers and devouring it as she moves along the chow line. Oh yes me old duckies, seen males do that too, don't want the ladies on here to flame me.:p:eek:

The space taken up by the Art Auction people isn't right - for displays and especially the closing off of lounges for the auctions.

Although walking past the displays always gives me a good giggle!

On Royal the "art" has it's own area and, so far, hasn't seemed to have closed off any lounges.

In Australia with Princess if price drop before final payment, they will reduce price - no penalty - no charge , like in USA. Done it several times in my 18 Princess cruises. They don't offer, you have to ask. Thus I monitor my Princess reservations re price fluctuations.

Bit tough they don't do if for the Brits.:evilsmile:.

I didn't know that! I'll make sure I do it next time.

Although walking past the displays always gives me a good giggle!

On Royal the "art" has it's own area and, so far, hasn't seemed to have closed off any lounges.

I have seen them do this on several ships now (Ovation and QM2) and it works much better in my opinion.