Robo Calls Class action Settlement Charvat vs Carnival

serendipity1499

Check out the Class action Settlement on the Celebrity board about Robo calls..

Charvat v Carnival..This Robo caller, is based in the U.S. & promises you might win a cruise on either Carnival, Royal or Norwegian..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534481

The URL in the first post is missing a letter but in Post No. 4 they give the correct URL..

https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx

Many off shore companies get away with these Robo Calls while U.S. companies are getting caught & brought to court...

Our Home phone number was on the list & I filed a claim today.. I have a claim number but don't expect to hear anything until sometime in 2018..

It might be worth your while to see if your phone number is on the list..:cool:

My bet is the that there will be so many people receiving compensation that the payout will be much less than $300 per phone line. $15? $5? $0.53?

There are more cell phones than people in the USA, half of households still have a landline. Robocalls might have been made to a majority of them, many of them may make a claim. With a maximum of $12.5 million in the payout kitty, If "only" 12 million legitimate claims are made, payouts will be about $1 each.

Start the claim process here: https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx

My bet is the that there will be so many people receiving compensation that the payout will be much less than $300 per phone line. $15? $5? $0.53? ...

You can also safely bet that the settlement payout to the Plaintiffs' lawyers will be several million dollars!!!

You can have robocalls automatically blocked with the Nomorobo service. This only works for internet-based phone service, such as through your cable TV company. Nomorobo does not work with regular conventional landline telephone service.

Nomorobo is a free service provided by my cable company. I just had to enable it. The phone will ring just once and then hang up when the user receives a robocall.

igraf

I am included! Didn't receive a notice but put in my home number and it is in the data base. Is this the "You've won a free cruise to the Bahamas!" call I get ALL. THE. TIME?

Well, I'm not included - I wonder who has been calling me and leaving voicemails [always starts part way in] or I don't pick-up because I don't recognize the number. I guess it wasn't them, at least that's one less group I've been getting.

You can have robocalls automatically blocked with the Nomorobo service. This only works for internet-based phone service, such as through your cable TV company. Nomorobo does not work with regular conventional landline telephone service.

Nomorobo is a free service provided by my cable company. I just had to enable it. The phone will ring just once and then hang up when the user receives a robocall.

igraf

We love using Nomorobo - it works GREAT. We have AT&T for landland and Internet, Cox for TV.

OK, I am lost as to where in the world to look for my phone number.........I've gone over the pages and cannot find anything to direct me to such a list.......

Can someone be an angel and give me a direct link to the listing of phone numbers?

Joanie

OK, I am lost as to where in the world to look for my phone number.........I've gone over the pages and cannot find anything to direct me to such a list.......

Can someone be an angel and give me a direct link to the listing of phone numbers?

Joanie

There is no phone number list but there is a line on the form to type in your phone number to see if it is included in the lawsuit.

Select the last option on the first page. It's something like, I don't have a claim but want to check. You'll then go to a second page where you can search on your phone number.

Joanie

Joanie..There is no list which has your number..That is hidden by the court..But you can check your Number by following this procedure:

A) Go back to my post No. 1 & click on the URL I posted

B) On pg. 1 of the claim form it asks if you have a claim form..Check off either No. 3 or No. 4

C) go to bottom of page 1 & click on continue..

D) 1/2 way down on Page 2 of the form type in your phone number (note if you have more than one phone you should go on a new form for each Number)...

E) click on I'm not a robot

F) at bottom of pg 2 click on continue

G) A notice will come up stating either your phone No. is not on the list or you have successfully filed a claim because your Phone No. is on the list..

H) If your Phone No. is on the list print up the form & eventually you should receive some $$..This will take about a year..

Gook luck, :cool:

Edited by serendipity1499