3rd person in spa cabin

GizmoCat

Thinking about booking a cloud 9 spa cabin however the small print says it doesn't include the special privileges for the 3rd person. Any advice how to get round this, what would it cost to "upgrade" for example or does anyone actually check this? Thanks

Thinking about booking a cloud 9 spa cabin however the small print says it doesn't include the special privileges for the 3rd person. Any advice how to get round this, what would it cost to "upgrade" for example or does anyone actually check this? Thanks

When we booked 3 to the spa cabin it was through a TA who I had worked with for years and sent many referrals his way. The Splendor was brand new, and my TA wasn't aware (it wasn't even noted on Carnival's website) that the 3rd pax was not included in the spa access at the time of my booking. A couple months before we set sail he called me to tell me the "sad news" - I told him that was unacceptable, we ALL wanted access and we believed upon booking that was going to be the case. Sorry we were not going to cough up an additional $149 for her pass. I reminded him of all the bookings I'd made with him in addition to all the referrals. He got his company to foot the cost for our 3rd. Maybe (just maybe) if you have booked with a TA with whom you have a longstanding relationship, they may be willing to toss in a pass for your 3rd as a perk. TAs likely get a break on these anyway. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Wow. That must of being really nice for your TA. They do not make a lot on booking cruises and because you didn't read the documents (because in the long run it is up to you to make sure things are right) you blame your TA and make him pay for it.

I booked a spa balcony for 3 of us. At the time my TA wasn't sure about the passes but then the two of us researched it and yes the passes are only for 2 people. We just went and bought a week pass for the 3rd passenger as soon as we got on board. It was great and glad that we did it. I haven't been on a ship after that that had the Cloud 9 spa but I think if I end up on one I will buy the week pass for myself. My husband wouldn't use it at all so it wouldn't be worth buying one for him.

tigercat

Wow. That must of being really nice for your TA. They do not make a lot on booking cruises and because you didn't read the documents (because in the long run it is up to you to make sure things are right) you blame your TA and make him pay for it.

I booked a spa balcony for 3 of us. At the time my TA wasn't sure about the passes but then the two of us researched it and yes the passes are only for 2 people. We just went and bought a week pass for the 3rd passenger as soon as we got on board. It was great and glad that we did it. I haven't been on a ship after that that had the Cloud 9 spa but I think if I end up on one I will buy the week pass for myself. My husband wouldn't use it at all so it wouldn't be worth buying one for him.

tigercat

I didn't "blame" the TA at all. As I mentioned, the Splendor was brand new and this detail wasn't even noted on Carnival's website and I looked at my documents from then, and sorry to burst your bubble, it's not noted on them either, nor did my TA know about it at booking, which was why he called to give me "sad news" well after initial booking (we booked in January of 2008 for a 50th birthday celebration in July 2008- on its 2nd sailing ) - I simply explained (and I'm not a witch, I am a very polite person) that after paying premium for the balcony cabin for the 3 of us that I wasn't going to cough up another $149 for the 3rd pax to use the spa (there was no 3rd goes free/cheap deal) - his firm "paid" for the pass (likely not a dime) as we are good customers (and still are) - Sometimes TA's and/or their agencies have freebies that they can pass on to their clients. In business it's known as good will. That same TA/agency helped my best friend book an owners suite on the Spirit for a family reunion as they celebrated the passing of their mother. A good TA is worth their weight in gold. I happen to have one. :)

tea4ular I am so very sorry about my post. I had just had a bad encounter with a family member about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and was really upset. I took it out on you and I really shouldn't have. I hope you accept my sincere apology.

tigercat

tea4ular I am so very sorry about my post. I had just had a bad encounter with a family member about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and was really upset. I took it out on you and I really shouldn't have. I hope you accept my sincere apology.

tigercat

Thanks for that - it takes a big person to apologize for anything - I hope your Thanksgiving works out. :)

I have a spa balcony triple on the Breeze in January. Do I go directly to the Spa when I board to get the pass for the third person?

Thank you.

That is what we do. I have done this a couple of times and we go as soon as someone is at the desk in the spa - 12:00 for us usually. They only offer a few of the week long passes and we didn't want one of us to be left out.

That is what we do. I have done this a couple of times and we go as soon as someone is at the desk in the spa - 12:00 for us usually. They only offer a few of the week long passes and we didn't want one of us to be left out.

Thanks so much! We have FTTF and will go immediately to spa. Thanks.

How about the third (couch) bed in the spa room, is that just as comfortable?

And is it possible to store luggage under that third bed?

Also, is there a way to hang a small clothes line out on the balcony to let wet suits dry out? My last cruise on the Dream we had to tie suits to the chairs...

And do all deck 10 spa balcony rooms not have a roof, people can look over the rail on deck 11 and see onto your balcony, privacy there?

And the complimentary robes and slippers for your use while on the ship, will we have to buy an extra robe and slippers for that person in addition to the $170. weekly spa pass?

Thank you!!

Edited by Wndrwomn
Left out a question

Also, is there a way to hang a small clothes line out on the balcony to let wet suits dry out? My last cruise on the Dream we had to tie suits to the chairs...

And do all deck 10 spa balcony rooms not have a roof, people can look over the rail on deck 11 and see onto your balcony, privacy there?

And the complimentary robes and slippers for your use while on the ship, will we have to buy an extra robe and slippers for that person in addition to the $170. weekly spa pass?

Thank you!!

The robes and slippers will already be in the cabin when you arrive. As for the luggage under the couch, no, it is not possible, but there's plenty of space under the other 2 beds. Our 3rd said the couch was fine (comfort wise) and she's a bit of a princess and the pea type.

The interior spa rooms on Sunshine (category 4S) appear to have no seating.

I looked at photos of the rooms, as well as the floorplan picture. Any thoughts as to how a person could get a casual chair in there? Is the cruiseline able to bring you one upon request? There's space for it next to the refrigerator.

I thought about purchasing a foldup padded chair (i.e. dormitory style), but don't know if the cruise staff would allow me to bring it on board.

The balcony spa rooms have sofas, but the interior spa rooms are seatless (except for the vanity stool).

Edited by styxfire

The spa pass is not critical to enjoying the spa. All that I saw that it really got us was access to the special sauna rooms (who needs a sauna in the tropics?) and maybe the thalassotherapy pool if your ship has one. The daily spa specials were cheaper than the discounts offered to guests with spa passes and less restrictive.

I did like the quiet environment in the area around the spa cabins and did go in for some of the spa treatments because of the proximity and to spend time with m DW.

I would do it again, I just wouldn't get too worked up over the spa pass.

Ohhh, the saunas are so wonderful. My new husband has one in his home that we will be ready for the winter very shortly. Its important to me because they help your body detox, are very relaxing, and I enjoy going up to the spa before dinner, go in the sauna to relax, and take a shower and get ready for dinner up in the roomy spa vs getting ready with other women in a cramped stateroom lol

Thank you!!

The sofa bed is fairly comfortable, kinda firm though .

Under the sofa are 2 large pull out drawers. You can use them for clothes, shoes, etc. So the luggage storage is out.

The closets are large. We usually store luggage under the two twin beds as well as in the closets.

There isn't a line of any sort on the balconies and I don't believe it is allowed to hand clothes off the railing or on the balconies . There is a line the you can pull across the shower.

You are correct regarding the Spa cabin balconies not having a cover and yes the ppl from the deck above can clearly see your balcony. And you get direct sunlight, no shade.

The slippers are yours to keep ,the robes are not.

Hope this helped. We love the Spa balcony cabins and have booked them the on every ship they have been available.

We have never taken advantage of the free spa passes.

We have another Spa balcony cabin on our cruise next week and we will not use the passes again.

I have no interest in the sauna or the hot whirlpool.

We do love taking showers in the Spa locker rooms though.

And Having our cabins on The same deck as the Spa is great for that purpose.

The color scheme is so pretty in the Spa cabins.

You will love the Spa cabins. Enjoy!

Is it better to schedule a massage appointment immediately upon getting your Spa room?

Or is it better to wait until the first 'port' day, when business is slow so you'll perhaps get a better discount?

My money's pretty limited... I need to time my purchase correctly.