Gift cards of cruise cash

Cruisin 4 Ever

If I buy these for my daughter for Christmas, does she just go to guest services once we are on the cruise and ask to have it applied to her bill? How do I ensure it goes to her folio and not the other guest in the room?

Actually, NOW you can have them applied to your account when you check in for the cruise! Just did this last week, saved time waiting in the GS line :D

Actually, NOW you can have them applied to your account when you check in for the cruise! Just did this last week, saved time waiting in the GS line :D

Please tell me how you did this. Do I have to take my credit card info out and replace that with the gift card or can I add the gift card in addition to my credit card? If this is the case, I cannot see where to do that.

Thanks!

When you say "check in" ... do you mean when you do the ONLINE process ... or do you mean when you get to the port and "check in" to get your sail and sign card????

When you arrive at the cruise port and physically check in, you can apply cash, gift cards, and/or credit cards to your account when you get your sail & sign card. I just did this on my 9/26 sailing (I used only gift cards).

I have only sailed solo, but my understanding is that each person in a cabin has their own folio numbers, which are not linked to one account unless you have requested it, but you would need to verify that with Carnival.

So it can go directly to her folio as opposed to the room?

Yes, unless the folio numbers are linked to the same payment method, it will go to her folio.

For example when my DW and I cruise, our account is linked to one credit card so everything is charged to that credit card, and when we apply our gift cards, regardless of which folio number is used, the amount is credited to that "joint account".

When one of our DD's comes, and brings a friend, our DD's S&S card is linked to my credit card, and the friends S&S card is linked to whatever payment method she set up her account with (usually their parents credit card). So when DD takes her gift cards and apply them to her folio number, the amount of the gift card only goes toward her charges not her friends.

This is such good news! Does it apply to the room or the individual folio?

This is such good news! Does it apply to the room or the individual folio?

It all depends on how your account is set up when you check in, either on-line or at the port.

If you are the only one on the account, then anything you apply to your folio (account) is applied to you only.

If you share an account with someone else, then any credit you apply to your folio (account), including cash, cruise cash, or gift card(s), is used to settle the shared account when you or the other person(s) charge things with your S&S card.

It is less about the "room", and more about whether you set up a "joint" account or a "single" account.

Edited by Rod in Az

When you arrive at the cruise port and physically check in, you can apply cash, gift cards, and/or credit cards to your account when you get your sail & sign card. I just did this on my 9/26 sailing (I used only gift cards).

I have only sailed solo, but my understanding is that each person in a cabin has their own folio numbers, which are not linked to one account unless you have requested it, but you would need to verify that with Carnival.

This is good to know. Thanks for the info! Did you have the E Gift card or the plastic card?

Edited by KARTI1955

This is good to know. Thanks for the info! Did you have the E Gift card or the plastic card?

We had a few ecards and went to guest services. They gave us a receipt for each card, but we had to ask for a statement because we wanted to verify the money was credited to our account.