"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

Hello,

I recently read a thread post that said tomorrow is the day when Carnival will release the homeports and itineraries of all the ships, including the Vista.

Where do you think Carnival is going to shuffle ships / itineraries?

A good speculation thread always helps make the time go by! :D

I think I posted in that thread. Here are my thoughts (for Galveston and New Orleans)

Magic goes to Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale

Breeze comes to Galveston to replace Magic

Triumph and Victory switch ports

Elation and Sensation switch ports

Fantasy retires and Glory (maybe??) takes her place

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I think I posted in that thread. Here are my thoughts (for Galveston and New Orleans)

Magic goes to Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale

Breeze comes to Galveston to replace Magic

Triumph and Victory switch ports

Elation and Sensation switch ports

Fantasy retires and Glory (maybe??) takes her place

That sounds good! I hope ...

Vista replaces Glory

Glory replaces Conquest

Conquest replaces Fantasy and starts a new 7 nights business with the Amber Cove/Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay 7nt. route, as well as a Key West/Cozumel/Costa Maya route, and still the 5 night Bahamas cruises, but then an occasional 9-12 night roundtrip cruise, making new variety for the area.

Fantasy replaces Sensation

Sensation stays in Port Canaveral, but runs 4/5 night Bahamas and Caribbean Cruises, and in the winter, a 10 nt. one way cruise to San Juan, and an 11 nt. back. I know she's old but many like the smaller ships. It has balconies, which is why it's a good fit.

This will cause too many ships in PC, so then the Valor goes out to Long Beach, via a cruise around South America, replacing the Miracle. Valor then runs the 7 night routes, and a couple 15 night Hawaii or a Southern Mexico cruise

Miracle goes through the Panama Canal again and home-ports in Tampa in the winter, and wither Boston in the summer, or a Med season if us loyal cruisers can convince Carnival there's business out there :D

Imagination stays with the 3/4 night cruises from Long Beach

Inspiration moves to San Diego and surprises everyone on CC and brings back the old itineraries (5 nt. Cabo and Ensenada), and maybe some new stuff, like a 6 night cruise to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta with 3 sea days (Sunday-Saturday), the 5 night Cabo and Ensenada with 2 sea days (Saturday-Thursday), and then a 3 night to Ensenada with a sea day. That'll be nice business to the city and I think it could happen.

I put a lot of thought into that, agree? :D

Vista replaces Glory

Glory replaces Conquest

Conquest replaces Fantasy and starts a new 7 nights business with the Amber Cove/Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay 7nt. route, as well as a Key West/Cozumel/Costa Maya route, and still the 5 night Bahamas cruises, but then an occasional 9-12 night roundtrip cruise, making new variety for the area.

Sensation stays in Port Canaveral, but runs 4/5 night Bahamas and Caribbean Cruises, and in the winter, a 10 nt. one way cruise to San Juan, and an 11 nt. back. I know she's old but many like the smaller ships. It has balconies, which is why it's a good fit.

This will cause too many ships in PC, so then the Valor goes out to Long Beach, via a cruise around South America, replacing the Miracle. Valor then runs the 7 night routes, and a couple 15 night Hawaii or a Southern Mexico cruise

Miracle goes through the Panama Canal again and home-ports in Tampa in the winter, and wither Boston in the summer, or a Med season if us loyal cruisers can convince Carnival there's business out there :D

Inspiration moves to San Diego and surprises everyone on CC and brings back the old itineraries (5 nt. Cabo and Ensenada), and maybe some new stuff, like a 6 night cruise to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta with 3 sea days (Sunday-Saturday), the 5 night Cabo and Ensenada with 2 sea days (Saturday-Thursday), and then a 3 night to Ensenada with a sea day. That'll be nice business to the city and I think it could happen.

That sounds good. Charleston needs a bigger ship, the Fantasy has been selling out every week at somewhat higher prices then other ports. Sensation has been in PC for a while and maybe it's time for a switch. I don't understand why Long Beach needs 2 ships doing 3-4 day cruises. They rarely sell out. San Diego should get a ship doing the 9 night cruises again.

Vista replaces Glory

Glory replaces Conquest

I would love for the Valor to come to Long Beach!! We don't need two ships doing the same 3/4 day itineraries! It would be nice that the inspiration continues its 3-4 day itineraries and for the Imagination to do 4-5 day cruises to Cabo from either SD or LB! I have my fingers crossed Carnival sends a bigger Nicer ship here to Long Beach! Miracle in Tampa would be perfect they need a ship since the Pride will be leaving Tampa soon to Baltimore

That sounds good. Charleston needs a bigger ship, the Fantasy has been selling out every week at somewhat higher prices then other ports. Sensation has been in PC for a while and maybe it's time for a switch. I don't understand why Long Beach needs 2 ships doing 3-4 day cruises. They rarely sell out. San Diego should get a ship doing the 9 night cruises again.

That'll be hard to swing, but you're right. the 2 ships in LB doing the exact same itineraries just the day off is somewhat pointless. They aren't selling too well. Maybe one is actually going to reposition. I fear Miami....

I would love for the Valor to come to Long Beach!! We don't need two ships doing the same 3/4 day itineraries! It would be nice that the inspiration continues its 3-4 day itineraries and for the Imagination to do 4-5 day cruises to Cabo from either SD or LB! I have my fingers crossed Carnival sends a bigger Nicer ship here to Long Beach! Miracle in Tampa would be perfect they need a ship since the Pride will be leaving Tampa soon to Baltimore

Yeah that's what I'm thinking! One would have to leave Long Beach though, because after looking at the coordinations, Long Beach can't hold more than one ship at a time, and it would require once a week, 2 of the ships meet. But I would love for them to reopen San Diego.

A better idea would be to switch Inspiration with Ecstasy and send Ecstasy over to San Diego, with balconies, and run the 9 night cruises again. :D I planned on booking one, but my friends cancelled, and shortly afterwards, Spirit went to Sydney :(

That'll be hard to swing, but you're right. the 2 ships in LB doing the exact same itineraries just the day off is somewhat pointless. They aren't selling too well. Maybe one is actually going to reposition. I fear Miami....

I hope not, instead of taking away ships it would be nice for them just to change up the itineraries for the Imagination and Inspiration! They would make more money off those two ships by doing that. A 5 day cruise to Cabo would be perfect!! A stop in Catalina and then a stop in cabo and back! Perfect itinerary for those who don't have much vacation time! That's one I would definitely do! But we also need a nicer ship for the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises preferably a Conquest Class or even Dream class (which I doubt they would ever send here!) we need something with funship 2.0 features, that would attract a lot more cruisers on the west coast because they won't have to fly all the way to Florida! Fingers crossed Carnival will be nice to us West Coasters and send us something nice!! Wouldn't even mind to have the Splendor back!!

It sounds like Carnival needs a new person in charge of itineraries. It makes no sense to put 2 ships in the same port doing the same itineraries. It is the same problem in Galveston. When the Freedom comes she will be doing the same itineraries as the Magic. I love sailing out of Galvesto but I will be sailing out of Port Canaveral in April just to go to new places!

I hope not, instead of taking away ships it would be nice for them just to change up the itineraries for the Imagination and Inspiration! They would make more money off those two ships by doing that. A 5 day cruise to Cabo would be perfect!! A stop in Catalina and then a stop in cabo and back! Perfect itinerary for those who don't have much vacation time! That's one I would definitely do! But we also need a nicer ship for the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises preferably a Conquest Class or even Dream class (which I doubt they would ever send here!) we need something with funship 2.0 features, that would attract a lot more cruisers on the west coast because they won't have to fly all the way to Florida! Fingers crossed Carnival will be nice to us West Coasters and send us something nice!! Wouldn't even mind to have the Splendor back!!

You have to remember the Long Beach facility can only accommodate 1 ship at a time. Unless Carnival was to invest lots of money into a new terminal there, they won't change up the itineraries. If they sent one out of the Los Angeles facility, it would have to be permanent, as people will have to park their cars.

I think the best you're gonna get from Long beach on a 5 night cruise will be if The ship running longer cruises did a 9 night cruise and they had to finish it out with something, thus a 5 night cruise.

It is being referred to by John Heald "the Dancing of the Ships", so I'm assuming lots of ships are moving to a new homeport.

You have to remember the Long Beach facility can only accommodate 1 ship at a time. Unless Carnival was to invest lots of money into a new terminal there, they won't change up the itineraries. If they sent one out of the Los Angeles facility, it would have to be permanent, as people will have to park their cars.

I think the best you're gonna get from Long beach on a 5 night cruise will be if The ship running longer cruises did a 9 night cruise and they had to finish it out with something, thus a 5 night cruise.

It is being referred to by John Heald "the Dancing of the Ships", so I'm assuming lots of ships are moving to a new homeport.

I don't really care for the smaller ships, I wouldn't mind one moving back to Miami. All that I'm hoping for is a new ship for the 7 day. Was reading what other people were saying a lot were saying Carnival Valor might be sent to Long Beach! Hoping this is true, Valor is a beautiful ship and I would love to have her sail from Long Beach! Carnival Valor and Carnival Imagination in Long Beach would be nice. I would also love for Inspiration to go to SD and do the itineraries the Elation used to do a couple years ago

It sounds like Carnival needs a new person in charge of itineraries. It makes no sense to put 2 ships in the same port doing the same itineraries. It is the same problem in Galveston. When the Freedom comes she will be doing the same itineraries as the Magic. I love sailing out of Galvesto but I will be sailing out of Port Canaveral in April just to go to new places!

My other plan if Vista went to Galveston was to put Freedom back in FLL, Conquest in Charleston, and then Glory in Long Beach. But I knew I'd get flamed by many Texans :D

You're right, they need a new person to be in charge. I'll work for free and just suck the information out of here :D

There's something to be said about convenience of driving to your ship. I can see the Pride go down the channel from my house, and it's a 15 minute drive, and my neighbor usually drives me and my mom (best cruise buddy!) to the airport or ship so no parking, and it's great! But leaving from a hometown port has downfalls, the biggest being the itinerary. If you're like me and you cruise for the destination, then you don't wanna repeat the same cruise just because. Heck I'd go cruise-less for a year of I had to just to make my cruise the following year more meaningful. But wasting ships just because going to the same places like we see in Long Beach and Galveston is simply a waste of ships.

I don't really care for the smaller ships, I wouldn't mind one moving back to Miami. All that I'm hoping for is a new ship for the 7 day. Was reading what other people were saying a lot were saying Carnival Valor might be sent to Long Beach! Hoping this is true, Valor is a beautiful ship and I would love to have her sail from Long Beach! Carnival Valor and Carnival Imagination in Long Beach would be nice. I would also love for Inspiration to go to SD and do the itineraries the Elation used to do a couple years ago

Me too, I'm planning a trip out to LA and I wanna add a 4 day Imagination cruise on top of it, as LA is the main focus of the cruise, but I do want to experience more of the cruises out there. I hope Valor gets 2.0, which would totally make Carnival seal the market out there! :D

Me too, I'm planning a trip out to LA and I wanna add a 4 day Imagination cruise on top of it, as LA is the main focus of the cruise, but I do want to experience more of the cruises out there. I hope Valor gets 2.0, which would totally make Carnival seal the market out there! :D

Me too I really hope so! I'm going on a Princess Cruise next month to the Mexican Riviera, the ship im going on is on its way over here from Fort Lauderdale, Princess is always sending ships over here to change it up! and I hope Carnival can learn from them! You guys are right though Carnival needs a new person for itinerary planning! Maybe the new CEO will help in this change of ships!! It makes no sense how many of the ships do the same itineraries from the same ports! It's funny to me how all the Texans are dying for either the Breeze or Vista in Galveston! They should be happy they even have the Magic!! They're going to have 3 giant beautiful ships there once the Magic arrives on Saturday! I wouldn't mind the magic here in California LOL I would take that ship in a heart beat!! ;D

My other plan if Vista went to Galveston was to put Freedom back in FLL, Conquest in Charleston, and then Glory in Long Beach. But I knew I'd get flamed by many Texans :D

You're right, they need a new person to be in charge. I'll work for free and just suck the information out of here :D

There's something to be said about convenience of driving to your ship. I can see the Pride go down the channel from my house, and it's a 15 minute drive, and my neighbor usually drives me and my mom (best cruise buddy!) to the airport or ship so no parking, and it's great! But leaving from a hometown port has downfalls, the biggest being the itinerary. If you're like me and you cruise for the destination, then you don't wanna repeat the same cruise just because. Heck I'd go cruise-less for a year of I had to just to make my cruise the following year more meaningful. But wasting ships just because going to the same places like we see in Long Beach and Galveston is simply a waste of ships.

I am so mad that Vista is going to Miami! The last new ship (Breeze) went to Miami! I wanted the Vista in Galveston (I am a Texan), Freedom could have stayed in FLL. Most of the time I cruise for the destination, not the ship. I have done all the itineraries from Galveston/New Orleans. There is minor changes they could do such as replacing Belize with Costa Maya and replacing Freeport with Little Stirrup Cay. All which can be done in a 7 day itinerary.

I am so mad that Vista is going to Miami! The last new ship (Breeze) went to Miami! I wanted the Vista in Galveston (I am a Texan), Freedom could have stayed in FLL. Most of the time I cruise for the destination, not the ship. I have done all the itineraries from Galveston/New Orleans. There is minor changes they could do such as replacing Belize with Costa Maya and replacing Freeport with Little Stirrup Cay. All which can be done in a 7 day itinerary.

Totally. Or:

Sea Day

Key West: 11AM- 5PM

Nassau: 1PM- Midnight

Half Moon Cay: 9AM-6PM

Sea Day

Sea Day

and I mean, to be completely honest, if they did a one-time cruise on Freedom with just 2 ports, Grand Turk and Amber Cove, with 2 sea days each way, I think they would make good profit. But no. Back to Cozumel! :D

Me too I really hope so! I'm going on a Princess Cruise next month to the Mexican Riviera, the ship im going on is on its way over here from Fort Lauderdale, Princess is always sending ships over here to change it up! and I hope Carnival can learn from them! You guys are right though Carnival needs a new person for itinerary planning! Maybe the new CEO will help in this change of ships!! It makes no sense how many of the ships do the same itineraries from the same ports! It's funny to me how all the Texans are dying for either the Breeze or Vista in Galveston! They should be happy they even have the Magic!! They're going to have 3 giant beautiful ships there once the Magic arrives on Saturday! I wouldn't mind the magic here in California LOL I would take that ship in a heart beat!! ;D

Oops I mean Freedom not magic LOL!

Totally. Or:

Sea Day

Key West: 11AM- 5PM

Nassau: 1PM- Midnight

Half Moon Cay: 9AM-6PM

Sea Day

Sea Day

and I mean, to be completely honest, if they did a one-time cruise on Freedom with just 2 ports, Grand Turk and Amber Cove, with 2 sea days each way, I think they would make good profit. But no. Back to Cozumel! :D

I posted that same itinerary on another thread and another poster didn't think it would work. I think it would! I wouldn't mind 2 ports on a 7 day cruise either!

I posted that same itinerary on another thread and another poster didn't think that would make good profit. I think it would! I wouldn't mind 2 ports on a 7 day cruise either!

Especially if it was on Magic, there's so much to do on that ship!! if they brought Vista to Galveston, then it would be 4 days on the ship, lots of alcohol money, and then 2 port stops, both Carnival resorts, Carnival would make so much profit! :D

Especially if it was on Magic, there's so much to do on that ship!! if they brought Vista to Galveston, then it would be 4 days on the ship, lots of alcohol money, and then 2 port stops, both Carnival resorts, Carnival would make so much profit! :D

Exactly! But no, Vista has to go to Miami! Carnival makes more profit on sea days then port stops!

Exactly! But no, Vista has to go to Miami! Carnival makes more profit on sea days then port stops!

Hopefully Galveston gets the Breeze or the Magic gets new itineraries since her and Freedom will pretty much be doing the same itineraries! Magic is supposed to go into drydock for 2.0 upgrades sometimes this year I believe

There is a reason we want the Breeze or Vista. We have had Magic here for a few years so it's time for a new ship. Since we already know that Vista is going to Miami I would be happy with the Breeze to replace Magic.

Hopefully Galveston gets the Breeze or the Magic gets new itineraries since her and Freedom will pretty much be doing the same itineraries! Magic is supposed to go into drydock for 2.0 upgrades sometimes this year I believe

I wish. Magic was supposed to go to dry dock this month. That was cancelled a few months ago.

There is a reason we want the Breeze or Vista. We have had Magic here for a few years so it's time for a new ship. Since we already know that Vista is going to Miami I would be happy with the Breeze to replace Magic.

Would you like the Miracle too? LOL I would trade you for Magic in a split second! Haha! I understand though, we all want to change our ships and that's what I think Carnival is doing ( SO I HOPE!) hopefully they have realized it is time to change it up for everybody, we all need different ships.