Carnival dream questions

Crussinfool

Is there live music on the Lido deck yet. The live music was supposed to brought back to the ships a couple of months ago. There have been a lot complaints about air conditioning on the Dream wondering if that has been addressed. Thanks in advance

we were on the Dream in Aug. no live music. thats one thing we complained about. it was just random concert snipits on the big screen. i think they did a DJ for an hour or two. music sucked the whole week, though.

what ac problems? cabin wise? thats always my complaint on cruises is the cabin temp. never cold enough. but the rest of the ship is FREEZING.

I was on the Dream at the beginning of September and there was live music a few times on sea days. I had a cove balcony and my room was comfortable. My mom is usually very hot natured and she never complained about being hot. I'm usually cold and I was cold everywhere inside the ship.

Debating over what day-pass to get in Nassau, should i go right there by the port to the British Colonial Hilton, i believe @ 65.00 including the 40.00 food and drink credit, I suppose mixed drinks, how many drinks after you get a lunch will you be able to get? How is the beach there; is it just a lovely view of the Ships?

Then there is Melia Resort with the option of a lunch buffet options. Has anyone done the buffet, what is it like? I guess you have to purchase mix drinks does anyone know how much they are? How long will it take to use the bus?

I really like the sound of Blue Lagoon, it includes transportation, i believe at 59.00 pp all inclusive and there is a special BOGO encounter with he dolphins and I believe it includes the beach day which makes only 54.00 pp. I am emailing them to be sure.

Then there is the Breezes which is listed at 80.00 plus taxi 15.00 for 2 ppl with open bar and unlimited food, but is on the high end but if it is really worth it we will splurge. How long would the bus take?

We cant do Atlantis or RIU.

What are the beaches like?

Which ones don't have locals pestering you spend money.

Do you have any other suggestions or which one would you pick?

Dreamsailor, you may get a better response if, instead of hijacking this post, you begin a new thread. Those who come here will be ready to address the OP's questions.

As to the OP's questions...

There was at times a singer with a guitar on Lido. He was enjoyable.

Our cabin was comfortable. We were able to adjust the temp.

We were on the Dream in March and had no trouble with the air in any of our rooms. We had 3 cove balconies and 2 inside rooms. There was not any live music on the deck which was a bummer. They had music playing but nothing you could even hear at the aft pool which is where we were most days.

Pardon me, I am new to CC. Not sure what the heck I am doing, but I am learning. Thanks for the infor

Quite understandable. If you check the different forums, there are forums for different ports. Placing your question there would definitely increase your chances of getting an informed answer. And welcome to Cruise Critic [emoji1]

We just sailed on the Dream. I did not see any live music on lido deck, I would have enjoyed that. As for the room temps, we had a balcony on deck 8 that was always warm. Air was set to the coolest setting and I used towels around the door of the bathroom to stop any loss from the air duct. We still woke in the middle of every night sweating. I am guessing from many reviews I have read that the lower decks tend to be cooler.

We just sailed on the Dream. I did not see any live music on lido deck, I would have enjoyed that. As for the room temps, we had a balcony on deck 8 that was always warm. Air was set to the coolest setting and I used towels around the door of the bathroom to stop any loss from the air duct. We still woke in the middle of every night sweating. I am guessing from many reviews I have read that the lower decks tend to be cooler.

we were deck 2 cove on the dream. it was just as hot as our deck 6 balcony on last years cruise.

We were on the Dream this past January and had a cove balcony - no issues with it being warm. It was January. As for the live music on the lido deck, I wasn't there but in passing through and didn't see any live music when I was there. We DID though enjoy the live music in Ocean Plaza most evenings. The BlackJack band was playing and was quite good.

We did the British Colonial Hilton a couple years ago and we were pretty much the only ones there. The beach is beautiful and the water was so calm we could put our 2 1/2 year old in his inflatable and relax. The food/drink credit covered most of what we got, I think we maybe paid an additional $20 or so. It was a very nice day, food and drinks were good. Our waiter could have been a little better...we had to go up to the bar mostly to get our stuff. All in all it was a very nice place and I would go there again to escape the crowds. We could see the ships from the beach and we were able to walk to and from as it is only a couple blocks from the cruise terminal.

Debating over what day-pass to get in Nassau, should i go right there by the port to the British Colonial Hilton, i believe @ 65.00 including the 40.00 food and drink credit, I suppose mixed drinks, how many drinks after you get a lunch will you be able to get? How is the beach there; is it just a lovely view of the Ships?

Then there is Melia Resort with the option of a lunch buffet options. Has anyone done the buffet, what is it like? I guess you have to purchase mix drinks does anyone know how much they are? How long will it take to use the bus?

I really like the sound of Blue Lagoon, it includes transportation, i believe at 59.00 pp all inclusive and there is a special BOGO encounter with he dolphins and I believe it includes the beach day which makes only 54.00 pp. I am emailing them to be sure.

Then there is the Breezes which is listed at 80.00 plus taxi 15.00 for 2 ppl with open bar and unlimited food, but is on the high end but if it is really worth it we will splurge. How long would the bus take?

We cant do Atlantis or RIU.

What are the beaches like?

Which ones don't have locals pestering you spend money.

Do you have any other suggestions or which one would you pick?