New to Carnival - best ship for teenagers?

Savmom9801

Considering a graduation trip for our kids and a few of their friends. Which Carnival ship is the newest, with the best water slides, etc. on board? We would love to book the Vista but we need to sail in May or June 2016. We will need to sail out of Florida.

Also, is it worth the extra cost to book balcony rooms for teenagers? My thought are they will not want a leisurely breakfast on the balcony and will want to get to the happening spots as quickly as possible in the mornings.

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on Graduation. What graduation? Grammer school, HS, Grad School? Ive taken my dd and her friends on a cruise for Sweer 16 six years ago and I would never have had them even then in a balcony room.

If I had to choose, I would book the Breeze. My dd is graduating a semester early in December from College and we are going on the Breeze to celebrate.

Happy planning. I

Congrats on Graduation. What graduation? Grammer school, HS, Grad School? Ive taken my dd and her friends on a cruise for Sweer 16 six years ago and I would never have had them even then in a balcony room.

If I had to choose, I would book the Breeze. My dd is graduating a semester early in December from College and we are going on the Breeze to celebrate.

Happy planning. I

Oh sorry! It's high school graduation for my son. We will have 2 - 18 year old boys, a 16 year old girl, and a 14 year old girl. My son (who is the one graduating) really wants a balcony but I just don't think they will use it. We will get at least two rooms. Does carnival allow kids in a connecting room with the parents? I'm thinking two connecting rooms for the girls and my husband & myself and maybe a 3rd adjoining room for the 18 year old boys. If they won't let us do that, my husband could stay with the boys and I could stay with the girls.

By May of 2016, the only Dream class ship in Florida will be the Magic in POrt Canaveral. The Breeze will already be in Galveston, Vista still in Europe and Dream in New Orleans. I would choose the Magic if Florida is a must.

Thanks for that heads up! We are in Georgia and Florida is only a few hours south, so that is a must. Is the Magic just as nice as the Breeze? Now a road trip to New Orleans might be fun! Is the Dream worth the extra time in the car?

Magic is great! We've taken our teens several times. Your graduated seniors actually may enjoy the balcony; mine did. I don't think it is a must but we put our young kids in inside rooms and as they got older they liked balconies. We are planning the Vista for our youngest two graduating from high school next summer.

Oh sorry! It's high school graduation for my son. We will have 2 - 18 year old boys, a 16 year old girl, and a 14 year old girl. My son (who is the one graduating) really wants a balcony but I just don't think they will use it. We will get at least two rooms. Does carnival allow kids in a connecting room with the parents? I'm thinking two connecting rooms for the girls and my husband & myself and maybe a 3rd adjoining room for the 18 year old boys. If they won't let us do that, my husband could stay with the boys and I could stay with the girls.

They will let you stay however you like. I have had my boys when they were younger than yours stay next door to us. Non-connecting rooms.