Sweet Sixteen Cabins

rlsii488

I found this:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048"

Here is a link to a previous post. Essentially the verandahs are double the size of standard balcony. We had one last year on the Summit, 6143 between 2 suites. It had 2 chase lounge chairs, as well as table and regular chairs. If you look at the Celebrity web site for deck plans, you can see the difference in size also.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19698018&postcount=13

Sweet Sixteen cabins is an informal term that was probably coined on Cruise Critic. It refers to the 16 forward veranda cabins (8 on each side of the ship) at the forward end of deck 6. The insides are just like other standard veranda cabins but the verandas are about twice the size of a normal veranda.

Here is a photo that some generous poster put on his photo site years ago:

1373724618072643706S425x425Q85.jpg

Edit: I see the poster above beat me to the punch but I'll leave this post up!

Here is a link to a previous post. Essentially the verandahs are double the size of standard balcony. We had one last year on the Summit, 6143 between 2 suites. It had 2 chase lounge chairs, as well as table and regular chairs. If you look at the Celebrity web site for deck plans, you can see the difference in size also.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19698018&postcount=13

From what I can tell, the balacony is deeper as opposed to wider? We are in cabin 7144, so it looks as if we have the normal size deck.

Sweet Sixteen cabins is an informal term that was probably coined on Cruise Critic. It refers to the 16 forward veranda cabins (8 on each side of the ship) at the forward end of deck 6. The insides are just like other standard veranda cabins but the verandas are about twice the size of a normal veranda.

Here is a photo that some generous poster put on his photo site years ago:

1373724618072643706S425x425Q85.jpg

Edit: I see the poster above beat me to the punch but I'll leave this post up!

Thank you! I see you are on our cruise with us. See ya'll in 60 long days. :o

• 3 months later...

If these cabins are deeper could a guest request a chaise lounge chair instead of the regular chairs? I'd enjoy breakfast on the balcony but if there's room wonder if the cabin steward could also add something to stetch out in. Possible?

/quote]

In 2009 we booked a balcony guarantee on Millennium and were lucky enough to get a "Sweet 16" cabin. The room itself was a decent size and the balcony was great for entertaining. :)

I found this:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048"

I have a stupid question? Your list includes more than 16. Are there a specific sweet 16, or does the term not reflect only 16?

We booked 7171 on our next two cruises, since it appeared to have a slightly larger balcony because of the way the ship juts out a bit.

I have a stupid question? Your list includes more than 16. Are there a specific sweet 16, or does the term not reflect only 16?

We booked 7171 on our next two cruises, since it appeared to have a slightly larger balcony because of the way the ship juts out a bit.

In past had 7177 Constellation but on on March 2011 cruise had 7171 since 7177 was not available. 7171 is a nice cabin (Constellation)and has the angled balcony.

The list of oversized balconies posted above includes the "Sweet Sixteen" but also other cabins with oversized balconies for one reason or another...such as some Aft cabins or cabins with a "wedge" or diagonal balcony, located where the ship widens out toward the front or aft...and are often a higher category...

But, the Sweet Sixteen are called this because the balconies are double the depth, rectangular in shape...and the cabins are at the LOWEST fares for a balcony cabin! They also show on the deck plans as if they are the same as all of the other 2Cs...

Celebrity could have figured this one out and squeezed a few extra dollars out of the customers by reclassifying them as 2As or some other higher priced category, but they have always left it as is...

So, you get the benefits of having a double-sized balcony at a low price...

A few years back on Constellation, we had 6030--which is an outstanding cabin...It's the farthest midship of the Sweet Sixteen...and, whjen you lean out over your railing, you have a clear view the length of the ship since the next cabin's balcony is recessed several feet back...You can also look up and have a clear view upward as all of the cabins above you are recessed as well...

Back in those days, you could "tip" a few dollars to your cabin steward and he'd sneak a chaisse lounge down to your balcony from the pool deck...but I have heard they may have cracked down on this...May be worth trying though...

A few years back on Constellation, we had 6030--which is an outstanding cabin...It's the farthest midship of the Sweet Sixteen...and, whjen you lean out over your railing, you have a clear view the length of the ship since the next cabin's balcony is recessed several feet back...You can also look up and have a clear view upward as all of the cabins above you are recessed as well...

Back in those days, you could "tip" a few dollars to your cabin steward and he'd sneak a chaisse lounge down to your balcony from the pool deck...but I have heard they may have cracked down on this...May be worth trying though...

Thanks for the input. I just booked the same cabin on opposite side of Summit, cabin 6035, and really appreciate the tips about these cabins especially the pictures I found here as they made all the difference when deciding upon a cabin. Originally I was going to settle for ocean view but calculated the difference and the bonus of the extra size of this cabin's balcony and it helped push me to go for the 2C.

I think I'll still ask the room steward to bring a chaise lounger on to the deck as I'm travelling solo so if there's room would really like the regular chair + small table and a chaise lounge chair as I like to spend some time every day out enjoying the scenery from the balcony. Breakfasts on the balcony are also a treat I really like.

Thanks again. :)

We had one of these cabins a couple of years back - but were really disappointed. The size of the balcony was excellent - but we couldn't really use it due to being provided with 3 odd upright chairs (one stained and from one of the cafes) and a very wobbly side table which we had to prop up with napkins in order to balance a couple of glass on it (it was too small for anything more).

Sadly our visions of leisurely lunches, breakfasts and drinks out there were just that - visions!

We did on occasion haul our inside table out there - not easy - but we couldn't understand why such a great space was not furnished appropriately!

We had one of these cabins a couple of years back - but were really disappointed. The size of the balcony was excellent - but we couldn't really use it due to being provided with 3 odd upright chairs (one stained and from one of the cafes) and a very wobbly side table which we had to prop up with napkins in order to balance a couple of glass on it (it was too small for anything more).

Sadly our visions of leisurely lunches, breakfasts and drinks out there were just that - visions!

We did on occasion haul our inside table out there - not easy - but we couldn't understand why such a great space was not furnished appropriately!

I'm hoping that coming out of it's "solsticization" with new cabin interior treatment, new restaurants and other upgrades they improve the deck chairs & furniture also but we'll see. Part of the reason to cruise on Summit on this S. Caribbean sailing was these upgrades as I'm hoping she'll feel like a new, or new & improved, ship.

I'm hoping that coming out of it's "solsticization" with new cabin interior treatment, new restaurants and other upgrades they improve the deck chairs & furniture also but we'll see. Part of the reason to cruise on Summit on this S. Caribbean sailing was these upgrades as I'm hoping she'll feel like a new, or new & improved, ship.

The Sweet Sixteen cabins, despite the larger veranda, are still class 2C standard veranda cabins. This is reflected in their pricing and they come furnished the same as other standard veranda cabins, including standard deck chairs and only a small table cocktail/coffee table on the veranda. Only CC cabins and above have the larger tables on their veranda which is high enough and large enough to pull up chairs to for use as a small dining table.

On the recently Solsticized Constellation we found that while all of the soft goods and upholstery in the staterooms had been updated the furniture, and veranda furnishings, were unchanged from our pre-solsticization cruises on her.

If you look at the following photo (from the same album where the photo with the numbered cabins is from) you can see the chairs and smaller table on the sweet 16 cabins. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1373723518072643706MZqnvN

On the recently Solsticized Constellation we found that while all of the soft goods and upholstery in the staterooms had been updated the furniture, and veranda furnishings, were unchanged from our pre-solsticization cruises on her.

Too bad but thanks for the note. :)

I'll find a way to make it work if that's like others have reported doing and hauling the small coffee table outside and asking the cabin steward for a chaise lounger. Having been in a Solstice Sky Suite recently I know it won't be the same thing you get when booking into the CC or higher categories but the larger verandah, ship upgrade and fairly small, approx $300, price difference between ocean view & verandah were deciding factors for me and so chose to upgrade.

If these cabins are deeper could a guest request a chaise lounge chair instead of the regular chairs? I'd enjoy breakfast on the balcony but if there's room wonder if the cabin steward could also add something to stetch out in. Possible?

I asked if I could have a lounge chair on a recent Constellation sailing - in a 'Sweet Sixteen'. The cabin steward said he would have to ask his supervisor but it was not allowed:mad:

Archived