Recent Silverwind feed back please

Okanagan girl

Hi , as you all know there have been a lot of negative reviews about the Silverseas Silverwind and I have been a little concerned that things on the Wind may not exactly be "ship shape".

I was very relieved to read a positive post / cruise report (from Echo) that was on a recent voyage on the Silverwind.

I am wondering if any other recent SilverWind passengers would like to share their experience.

In September, we will be on the Wind cruising from Rome to Venice. We chose SilverSeas and the Wind for the small ship atmosphere and the itinerary. We are really looking forward to this voyage and would love to hear the good the bad and the ugly from recent passengers on the Silverwind.

Thank You,

Okanagan girl, AKA Cheryl

I was just on the second leg of Echo's cruise (Lis - Lon) and I seem to recall noticing that the carpet on one of the steps on the main staircase was a little worn, (but that was only because I was killing time waiting for my 'colour' for disembarkation), and I was rather shocked that I had to set out the 'anyone join in jigsaw' myself (no jigsawers on the cruise, alas), oh, and it rained in Bilbao, so clearly Silversea standards have totally gone to the dogs ...

In reality of course she is a wonderful ship with a wonderful crew (with whom I enjoyed wonderful dinners - see another thread), don't listen to the naysayers! Sail and enjoy.

Hi Cheryl! I recently wrote a review of the Silver Wind on the CC Reviews page if you would like to read. We enjoyed a 10-day Caribbean cruise in March and were very pleasantly surprised. There are of course little signs of wear here and there but I tend to overlook the little things in favor of all the great people and excellent food. I read the negative reviews before we went and had the same worries but I can tell you everyone we met on the voyage was having a wonderful time.

I have just left The Wind after three weeks of sailing on her. She's a cozy lady...a little like an old friend. She's such a special friend that you ignore a very few worn edges. And, of course you are charmed and distracted by the fantastic crew, and by fellow passengers who are (almost) always interesting, friendly and very well traveled.

There's a hard to describe esprit de corps on SS ships. On this recent voyage I met some terrific people with whom I know I will stay in touch.

I love the Silver Wind, and wholeheartedly suggest you give her a try!

Another big positive vote from me too.

It's the staff and crew who make it what it is.... plus of course the food and drink. The ship itself has aged a little as everyone will tell you, but it matters not. The Wind is a real charmer and I look forward to my next time on board.

Glad to hear from a few recent Silverwind passengers . Thank you for your feed back and putting my mind at ease. My husband and I sailed on the Seabourn Legend shortly before it was sold. We loved the small ship, dedicated staff and amazing food. The fact that both the Seabourn Legend and the Silverseas's Silverwind may be a little tired and need some updating really isn't important to us. I am happy to hear the food, service and overall atmosphere on board lives up to Silverseas reputation.

Thank You, Les 37b, Cruise Pashmina,lolawpb,and jolly jones I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Okanagan girl....AKA Cheryl

Getting really excited now Rome to Venice Sept 30-October 10 2016!

• 3 weeks later...

CruisinPashmina, please do book the Wind Crossing--we now have ten Cruise Critics signed up for our Wind meet & mingle. Chef David (L' Ecole des Chefs) and Wind Ambassador Lawrence will be on board. Plus, dougburns will have a wonderful cruise critic party in their suite. Do join us :)

We are on The Wind now and can confirm that all is well - The staff are as fantastic as usual, the Food is good and the overall atmosphere just as we would expect and similar to the many Cruises we have taken on The Wind.

The Ships decor is fading slightly but this aspect does not concern us as all the aspects above more than make up for any minor blemishes.

We would advise anyone to book a Wind Cruise with confidence.

I hope that some of you who have recently cruised on the Wind will write a quick review on the reviews page. Almost all are negative and I fear that a lot of people don't go past those and that 58% satisfaction rating to see all of our favorable comments here. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

VERY MISLEADING! Cruising very soon on Silver Wind - was emailed a promotional from Silversea that they will be spending $170 mil on refurbishment of fleet, one being the Wind. Scrolled down to my cruise and saw "free wifi throughout ship". BEWARE: upon further investigation, Silversea said, oh no it doesn't say "free unlimited". It's one hour per day! How petty can this cruise line become?

VERY MISLEADING! Cruising very soon on Silver Wind - was emailed a promotional from Silversea that they will be spending $170 mil on refurbishment of fleet, one being the Wind. Scrolled down to my cruise and saw "free wifi throughout ship". BEWARE: upon further investigation, Silversea said, oh no it doesn't say "free unlimited". It's one hour per day! How petty can this cruise line become?

I got that email too. I never saw any mention of wifi on it, however the wind cruise we booked on the med it clearly stated it was 60 minutes per day. However when he eventually checked it, I found we had 1200 minutes (so 2 x 1 hour or the 10 days) and this was granted to both of us with our own log in. So 4 hours per day which as usuable anytime we wanted and wasn't lost if we didn't use it. (Which was just as well because t was about day 7 my phone got disconnected and finally logged on to use the onboard Internet.

To be honest, I thought having it was a big bonus and not petty at all.

If you want to talk petty, have a look at Carnival and its penny pinching tactics.

Edited by les37b

Not petty at all. One hour per day per guest available as a block from day One is way better than no free wifi at all. And it's not misleading.

You will have a great time, enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Silver Spectre

What you actually get is one hour per day cumulative so if you're on a ten day cruise you get ten hours. If one day you only use thirty minutes that time is rolled over so you can use 90 the next day etc. If I needed more than that I'd question why I spent all that money to be on a cruise just to look at a screen nonstop.

What you actually get is one hour per day cumulative so if you're on a ten day cruise you get ten hours. If one day you only use thirty minutes that time is rolled over so you can use 90 the next day etc. If I needed more than that I'd question why I spent all that money to be on a cruise just to look at a screen nonstop.

Not quite correct, on a ten day cruise you get 600 minutes from day one. To be used as and when.

On board the WIND in June and was told by CD cruises of 12 days or less no outside entertainers , the singers and dancers perform to pre recorded music and there was a BLIND eye to the wearing JEANS at night in the MDR aside from that it is a great ship

Thanks etual324/Gene & Lucille, for the timely Wind feedback. We look forward to boarding the Wind (with dougburns, spinnaker2, zgtchas, mpfund, and Silver Spectre)in November, tho will miss you sharing the Wind's fall cross. Know tho, y'all will enjoy your South Africa journey on Regent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to my math ten hours equals 600 minutes.

Isn't that what he said? :p

Ours was 10 days.... I still don't get why we both ended up with 1200 minutes each! As it stands, we didn't use the 600 we should have got.

In the 2017 brochure it states 'One hour complimentary wifi access per guest/per day' in vista and veranda suites and unlimited in the larger suites.

On our recent 14 day cruise in a veranda suite we had 840 each, 1680 minutes suite total. 28 hours on the internet would mean that I would miss about 4 days of my cruise.