Flight time out of Nice when disembarking in Monte Carlo

ernieb

Next year we will be disembarking the Muse in Monte Carlo and flying out of Nice for the US. How early will we be able to make flight arrangements when the ship arrives at 7:00 AM?

Thanks.

Ernie

We have disembarked in Monte Carlo 3 times and flown out the same day. Any flight after noon should be ok, but be aware that the Monte Carlo port has some issues. We always arrange our own private driver to pick us up, and use the same guy every time. Our last trip, they were only letting a few cars at a time into the port to pick up passengers, so he was stuck outside waiting for over 30 minutes. I wasn't worried because I had allowed extra time, and he had called me, but he was stressed out as he thought we might be late for our flight if there were any further delays.

The best and quickest way to get from Monaco to Nice Airport is by Helicopter

Heliairmonaco is the company

They will pick you up from the ship and take you to the helicopter which will take about ten minutes to get to the airport.

They will pick you up from the ship and take you to the helicopter which will take about ten minutes to get to the airport.

Plus, it is a wonderful ride!

If you have never spent time in this part of France, you have a great opportunity to spent a night or two in Nice. It is a lovely city and the Nicois are great people. So sad about what happened to them.

We did the helicopter transfer on a cruise and it was very quick. We have also stayed in Nice and well worth a pre or post cruise. All our hearts really break for all the lives that have been lost in the recent terrorism that seem to be escalating.

Rachel--are you willing to share your driver's name and contact information? It would be helpful to know of another CCer recommendation.

TYIA

Sure. It is Alain at dream-tours.com

When the terrorist attack occurred, the first thing my husband, my son, and I all said independently was "I hope Alain is alright."

Edited by RachelG

Walter Mena w/ Blu Riviera (also drives for Friend in France). We first used him through a recommendation on cc Europe ports in 2015 when disembarking the Seabourn Sojourn in M/C. It was a Sat. morning with very little traffic so Walter gave us a wonderful tour on the way to Nice. This year when we were embarking the Seabourn Quest in M/C, we contacted him right away to book his services during our pre-cruise stay in Nice. He met us at the airport, gave us a tour the next day (with lots of extra stops) and his co-worker took us to M/C to embark the ship a couple of days later. Everything went off like clockwork and we couldn't be more pleased. His English is flawless & his attitude & willingness to make sure you have a great experience is outstanding. I just contacted him when the horrid event took place a few days ago. He was on the Promenade but at the other end. I was so worried. Contact him at wwwdotblurivieradotfr. (there is no e at the end of blu. BTW, our flight from Nice was at noon & we arrived in plenty of time, but again, it was on a Sat. a.m. with no traffic at all. If you need a hotel recommendation, we loved La Perouse - so much character & such a quiet & unique hotel. The Muse looks sooo interesting - we haven't even seen the Spirit but will in January when we do the Circle South America cruise after a long absence from Silversea. All the best....

An 11:30 flight is more than doable if you really want to fly out the same day. The airport in Nice is very small and less than a 30 minute drive from the port. Traffic will be coming into Monaco in the morning, into Nice should be fluid. I just disembarked the Seabourn Sojourn on July 14th (the same day as Bastille Day and the attacks). From our verandah we could see other passengers disembarking as early as 7:00. You must request early departure and keep your luggage with you.

Definately arrange for a private transfer. I don't know if it was due to the national holiday in France (which is not in Monaco) we waited from 8:15 to 9:15 for a taxi, in which time only one showed up for at least 40 people waiting. Finally we gave up and called our hotel to send a car, that's another story all together that involved an overzealous monagasque police officer following us to the hotel.

I'm just grateful that we chose Monte Carlo over Nice for our post cruise stay. I just hope that our fellow passengers all made it home safely.

We had arranged for private transfer from the port to the airport, leaving the ship at 6:30 AM. Silversea crew graciously helped us take our luggage off the ship at that time. When we all followed off the ship, it was being loaded in to a car by the driver. We had ordered a van to transfer 4. We speak no French. The driver spoke no English, supposedly. Unfortunately, we were not very diligent and too trusting. We produced our paper work showing our reservation, and full payment. We called the dispatcher on the driver's phone who assured us we were speaking to the right company, and that a 2nd taxi had been dispatched as well. We left the pier about 6:25 and were pleased to be on our way. Upon arrival at the airport, neither of us were permitted to take our luggage out of the car until we paid the 50 euro per cab fee. When we got the receipt for these charges, it was NOT the company we had ordered for private transfer. We had been "poached" at the pier. Soon a call came in from the private company asking where we were as they had been at the pier since the appointed hour. Of course, it was our error to accept verbal confirmation that we were speaking to the company on our voucher on the driver's phone, but frustrating to pay more than double due to dishonesty. Be sure you are entering the vehicle of the company you contracted with!