Tickets etc

CoSec

We recently booked the cruise on Silver Whisper from Copenhagen to Southampton, commencing 26 August. Yesterday our agent sent us our "tickets", consisting simply of a black and white photocopy of a Silversea cruise ticket and a copy of a basic eticket for the air journey. Oh and four luggage labels from the agent ( Sovereign), not Silversea, for us to fill in with details of the cruise line, cruise etc. No pre-printed luggage labels with suite number on and no general luggage labels. Also nothing whatsoever about our itinerary including information as to the transfer from airport to ship. On the My Silversea website, I see I could if I want to ( I don't) download and print 118 pages of a coloured Travel Journal document. Is this now the new Silversea approach: no labels and no printed travel documents? We last sailed with them in 2014. We mostly go with Seabourn and get printed Seabourn luggage labels with suite number as well as decent general luggage labels and printed itinerary, transfer instructions and excursions documents all in an impressive folder. It is still 7 weeks till sail date and we booked three weeks ago, so hardly a last minute thing for Silversea to arrange.

"Silversea is delighted to announce that our cruise documentation is now being delivered as an Electronic Document and will be sent as an optimised email, personalised with your details. Displaying a refined design that aligns with the signature Silversea style, this cohesive, easy-to-read documentation contains pre/post information and arrangements including transfers, land and mid-land programmes and guest care contact details (US only). In addition to the Electronic Documents, we will still be sending the Travel Journal to you as a keepsake.

Our overall procedure remains unchanged, meaning that the Electronic Documents will be generated starting 50 days prior to sailing once you have completed the Guest Information Form (GIF), required to confirm the booking as well as to process the cruise ticket.

The Travel Journal will be sent in advance starting 100 days prior to sailing once the Guest Information form (GIF) has been completed and the booking is paid in full and will remain a personalised document featuring voyage and destination highlights. You will no longer need to bring your Travel Journal for embarkation. However, it is required for you to provide a printout of your Electronic Documents.

We are confident this new format will not only benefit the efficiency of our reservation process but also enhance the continued relationship we have with you as a valued Guest."

We received luggage tags (2 types) and the Journal in a small silver box from our TA in May for our August cruise. Received e-dox this morning. Is it possible your TA did not mail your box they received from SS?

Edited by MHF

CoSec, we are on the Whisper 4620/4621 - so your cruise and the one before it, I emailed our TA this morning about our documents. They have arrived in Sydney and will be sent out to her in a weeks time. I will have them on 26th July. Things move slowly here :D but I will post on here when I get them and what we got in the box ( if there still is a box !)

Received today a small silver box with a one page print out reading "your cruise ticket" and another page with pre-cruise information. The booklet "Travel Journal" was also included and printed luggage labels. There were also new luggage tags with a steel wire made quite nicely.