Fitness Classes?

Carolfay

It appears that fitness classes are available onboard (aerobics, Pilates, circuit and so forth). Is a schedule usually posted beforehand, or do we find out about class schedules once we're under way? Maybe the trainer needs to get a sense of how much interest there is before he/she posts a schedule. Just curious, as I'll pack workout attire if I can get some classes in.

You will receive the Silversea Chronicles each night and the activities for the next day will be posted in that. On both of the Silversea cruises I have been on, there were morning walks and a class each morning as well as later in the afternoon. The fitness instructor also does talks about exercise, nutrition, and other related topics other times. I think the classes may be geared toward the specialty of the instructor as the last cruise was a lot of yoga and the one before had different names for the classes (don't know exactly what they did as we were out on excursions every day). The fitness instructors also do private sessions but there is a charge for that I believe. Hope this helps!

I plan to be on a 16 day Transatlantic in November and I would love to have access to an aerobics class. Do people who have been in cruises of this length know if aerobics, zumba, or similar, are offered? Unfortunately, in prior SS cruises (shorter in length, I must clarify) there were either none, or only yoga, classes offered.

Carolfay,

Our experience on the Spirit (multiple sailings in last six years, last one in February) is that on embarkation day, the Fitness instructor will offer an orientation to any interested guest. During this orientation he/she will walk you through the Spirit fitness facilities, equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, et. al), also they will provide you a printed Fitness schedule--day by day--of your voyage and the fitness class offerings (wake up walk, yoga, Pilates).

Alas, the Spirit fitness facilities are woefully too small to offer Zumba, aerobics (step), or spin classes. For example if more than five guests desire to participate in a yoga class--the very small fitness room will not work. Instead, those guests & instructor will head outside the fitness facility to a large open/covered deck (relatively large space) where yoga class (or Pilates) will be conducted. However, the fitness instructor will offer personal fitness evaluations (at a $$fee) if you so desire.

Ithaca - My experience on the transatlantic is that the fitness instructor will offer a walk around the upper deck at 7 or 7:30am, for 30 min - with some kind of low-impact fitness class, also 30 min immediately following. Almost every day at 5pm a yoga, Pilates or other 45 min class will be offered. I've never seen a high-impact aerobics class offered. Problem with the afternoon class is that you must choose between Trivia and Fitness because they are always at the same time:mad:

...see you on board!

Jen

Ithaca - My experience on the transatlantic is that the fitness instructor will offer a walk around the upper deck at 7 or 7:30am' date=' for 30 min - with some kind of low-impact fitness class, also 30 min immediately following. Almost every day at 5pm a yoga, Pilates or other 45 min class will be offered. I've never seen a high-impact aerobics class offered. Problem with the afternoon class is that you must choose between Trivia and Fitness because they are always at the same time:mad:

...see you on board!

Jen[/quote']

Hey, Jen, thanks for the info! Bummer about choosing Trivia or Fitness; would've wanted to do both. Looking forward to our cruise.