Excel spreadsheet for packing?

mehitabel

I wouldn't know where to start. So, I will just throw stuff into the suitcase until its full..

You can modify mine from the link above. Just download it, open it in Excel and change things to suit your trip. I'm not Excel savvy myself, but I figured out enough to make me happy with the results.

if you cant do it on the computer...then do one by hand...

i do mine by hand...listing for each day EVERYTHING-Port/Sea and Evening from head to toe ...jewelry included and that way i wont miss ANYTHING--least make a list or two instead of just throwing it all in the suitcase you will find something that can WORK for You:)!

EXACTLY how I do mine. Add DH's on there too. That way, we can see what we both have planned for the day and especially for dinner. Some times, we go blank when we are getting ready for dinner until we look at the list. LOL

I do mine by daytime and evenings for each day, and I colour some items to help me figure out how to repeat them on the cruise.

I have a separate list also that lists the essentials, and then I organize the clothing in this one.

packingplan001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OMG...I do the SAME thing. Our travel friends make fun of me all the time. As a matter of fact, when we are home, and I cannot decide what to wear, one of my travel friends always says, "why don't you check your spreadsheet". I LOVE making the spreadsheet, pack by the spreadsheet, and follow the spreadsheet most of the time. I find it makes life so much simpler on an amazingly simple vacation. I don't have to use ANY brain cells!

Am interested in how you got this spreadsheet to appear in the roll call; I try using Xcel, then copy & paste & cruise critic will not accept.

• 3 months later...
I do mine by daytime and evenings for each day, and I colour some items to help me figure out how to repeat them on the cruise.

I have a separate list also that lists the essentials, and then I organize the clothing in this one.

packingplan001.jpg

This is terrific. A color-coded chart. Can't wait to try this for my upcoming cruise. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

packingplan001.jpg

This is terrific. A color-coded chart. Can't wait to try this for my upcoming cruise. Thanks for sharing.

Would you please email a copy to paul.katz1@verizon.net.

Thanks,

Paul

I Love your chart Kerri! :)

I just made my own for my up and coming Celebrity Summit Cruise.

Thanks' date=' fancy seeing you here!

.Would you please email a copy to paul.katz1@verizon.net.

Done.

I'm working on my one for our upcoming Alaska cruise now.

Edited by KandCsailing

Hi Paul, I sent you the attachment on my kandcsailing@gmail account.

:D I do floataway and pay a visit to other threads. ;)

Most my posts are in floataway and don't coun't. :( Other than that I'm in Carnival, NCL, fashion or the ports.

At least with our next cruise being Alaska I don't have to worry about how to pack my new snorkel set.

Ideally I would like to take even less this trip than in the past since we may have the dreaded extra bag fees. I'd like to lose the lightweight suit bag that usually goes with DH's suit, shirts and my formal wear and just take our two medium bags with one carry-on (doesn't go on most cruises) and my laptop tote, but I don't know if DH will go for that.

• 5 months later...
In the past I have made my lists using WordPerfect and added little "boxes" so I can check off what I have put in the suitcase, found in the closet, etc.

My lists were divided into carry on bag, DH's misc. items, my misc. items, general misc., and clothes. I also had another list with days of the week and how many changes, etc.

However, having just read about using Excel (particularly the colored option for repeats) I think I'm going to give that a try for our upcoming Feb. trip.

What a great board this is!! Now if I could just figure out how to upload a pix of my new dress I'd ask for help with shoe selection.

I have an excel spreadsheet that looks much like the one that KandC posted. I usually print out two copies and just use a hiliter to mark through each row as I pack the items. Then I leave the marked up list at home and put the other list in my "cruise folder." However, after you mentioned putting little boxes on your word document I immediately thought how easy that would be to do with my excel spreadsheet. All I'd have to do is insert a narrow little column before each day. Hmmmmm I could probably get away with printing only one list that way.

Your kidding, right? I could never be that anal retentive...I'd just write a list on a pad of paper..good luck.

I'm compiling a packing list in my Word program, but it's not as easy to read as I'd like. I've heard of people using their Excel programs to make packing spreadsheets, but how are they formatted?

I appreciate the help!

I love to use excel for organzing all kinds of things. I have columns for Day, Night, Misc, and carry on. I have a small column in front of each one to check off. I have a basic packing list and just have to update it for the specific trip. I highlight items I need to purchase and remove the highlighting when I have the item.

I use excel when planning a vacation too. With columns for each day and what is planned for each day. If I need to make reservations for something I highlight it until it has been taken care of.

I don't see this as anal rentitive just organized so that I am not like the person I met on the plane to Alaska who had a tank top on and had forgotten to pack a coat.

Hi Keksie

I love to use excel for organzing all kinds of things. I have columns for Day, Night, Misc, and carry on. I have a small column in front of each one to check off. I have a basic packing list and just have to update it for the specific trip. I highlight items I need to purchase and remove the highlighting when I have the item.

I use excel when planning a vacation too. With columns for each day and what is planned for each day. If I need to make reservations for something I highlight it until it has been taken care of.

I don't see this as anal rentitive just organized so that I am not like the person I met on the plane to Alaska who had a tank top on and had forgotten to pack a coat.

I love these sheets

Any chance you could email me one of the excell sheets

I normally dont have a problem packing but this time for so long am in a bit of a quandry

my email is ebunn42@yahoo.com.au

kind regards

and keep cruising

Greg :):)

Hi Keskie

Please could you email me one as well, thanks

Sandy

t5fry at yahoo dot co dot uk

Thanks so much for this idea!!

I've almost got my whole packing/outfit list complete for our end of December cruise...early I know but I can use it now to remind myself that no, I don't actually need any new clothes or outfits for the cruise!

I also use a daytimer type book to keep everything organized for the trip. It has a zippered pouch where I stash my cash, a pocket for passports, a place for my license and credit cards and binder type system with zip pockets and paper pages. I have a page for each day with notes about confirmations, phone numbers etc. Then I fold and put the etickets in a zip pocket behind that day. This way everything I need for the day is at hand. It is small enough to fit in the backpack I use as a carry on.

Your kidding, right? I could never be that anal retentive...I'd just write a list on a pad of paper..good luck.

The difference to me is that you don't need a list for every cruise, it's all done. I use the same list over and over, just go in and change a few items as needed. I've used my original list for years, some things like toiletry items just don't change. No need to write out a new list each time, no need to try to remember what you need.

I print my husbands out for him when it's time to get ready for a cruise. No matter how many cruises we go on, he always asks what to take.

I still don't think I need such a detailed list with color blocks. I just list the number of things I need, such as 2 cocktail dresses. 4 pair shorts, 2 bathing suits, etc... I decide what to take when I'm pulling it out of the closet to get ready to pack. Too much detail like that would drive me bonkers. But it is like what cruise diva has on her site and my aunt likes hers better than

mine.