Got an Upsell Offer for Conquest Jun 9th sailing

joni0623

My Husband just received an email from Carnival offering us to move from upper deck to Lido deck for $20 for the Conquest June 9th sailing. Of Course I jumped on that! Went from an 8A Balcony (Rm 6438) to an 8E Balcony (Rm 9282) for $20!

Looked like a decent room any input?:confused:

Thats a great upsell price. Don't know the room, but just saying its a great price cause we had friends who were offered a suite to upgrade at $640 usd and they took it !! :eek:

I always thought upgrades were free ! lol

Thats a great upsell price. Don't know the room, but just saying its a great price cause we had friends who were offered a suite to upgrade at $640 usd and they took it !! :eek:

I always thought upgrades were free ! lol

Upgrades are free upsells come with a cost

We were in that room in November and loved it. Very quiet location. Loved having a "private" door at the end of the hall that goes right out to the entrance to the lido deck public areas. We always book lido deck and this was our choice room.

My Husband just received an email from Carnival offering us to move from upper deck to Lido deck for $20 for the Conquest June 9th sailing. Of Course I jumped on that! Went from an 8A Balcony (Rm 6438) to an 8E Balcony (Rm 9282) for $20!

Looked like a decent room any input?:confused:

Good deal!

Upper deck could have some noise since there is a busy deck under you.

I think you did well. We had 9287 on Conquest a number of years ago and loved the location. No noise issues at all. We also don't book deck 6 cabins on Conquest-class ships. We did that twice early in our cruise experience and had noise issues both times.

We were in that room in November and loved it. Very quiet location. Loved having a "private" door at the end of the hall that goes right out to the entrance to the lido deck public areas. We always book lido deck and this was our choice room.

That makes me feel so much better. I am still new to this "choosing your cabin thing" after i booked on deck 6 I thought about all the noise below etc. :eek: Even my Dad, who loves cruising, told me to jump on this deal.

This will be my first cruise with carnival.

isnt there a secret door also on this deck? it goes to the area above the bridge I have read. I dont see it on the deck plans.
It's been 6 years since I last sailed Conquest (and 11 years since we were in 9287), but there was a secret door when we sailed in 9287.

You will LOVE the Lido deck.

SO convenient to EVERYTHING!!!:D:D

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

I am SO sick of people pointing out the difference of an upgrade and UPSELL.

We KNOW the difference.

Enjoy your cruise, OP!!!!:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

I received a call today to upgrade to a ocean suite on Carnival Valor we are sailing May 8th when it comes out of dry dock. We were in 8F balcony on Deck 10 now we will be in a ocean suite Deck 7. IT was only $250 ... its just me and my two children and we are celebrating my daughter graduating high school and going off to college. Mt parents that cruise twice a year said take it... they would have and said they have never received a deal like we did.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone stayed in this cabin before? any pictures, pros and cons please?

i just read somewhere that forward cabins are not recommended for first time cruisers due to motion sickness. any suggestions will be very much appreciated

Has anyone stayed in this cabin before? any pictures, pros and cons please?

i just read somewhere that forward cabins are not recommended for first time cruisers due to motion sickness. any suggestions will be very much appreciated

I don't know about that specific room, but aft is where we have found a lot of motion, so now we usually book middle or forward.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an older post, but all of the room location tips are great! We are first time cruisers bringing our little ones (1 and 3) so we definitely want somewhere quiet and we want to feel as little movement as possible... but don't we all!

Question for those who have ever had an upsell opportunity- how did you book? Was it directly through Carnival (vs. through TA, Expedia, etc.)? Also, I see they give you a few different choices, one being that you can potentially get a free upgrade (note: not upsell). Do you have to pick that one or were you able to get an upsell without choosing the most expensive?

Thank you in advance!