Just back from PRIDE

Hi

This cruise was only my husband and I. Being on the same cruise last year we first noticed the difference waiting to pull into the lot to park. We arrived about 10:45 and it wasn't terrible but saw later was the line was on the road.

Best change was staggered times .... Usually getting to the buffet for the 1 st meal is a disaster trying to find a seat to sit. This time it was so calm. No one rushing and there was plenty of seats and no lines.

Everyone was friendly... Workers and passengers

We were in balcony 6246. Loved the balcony and up the steps was serenity.

We spent a lot of time in serenity....there were a lot of kids.

Green slide was working then it wasn't....then it was . The problem is the door doesn't open. That seems to be the problem.

Burritos, burgers, tacos , chopsticks delicious.

Had Cheers and I loved it.

The convenience of ordering what you want wherever you are and not worrying about the final bar bill was great. We had martinis from Alchelemy... A MUST for everyone...these martinis were great! Ting mojito said from blue iguana. Beer from red frog. Frozen on lido. Vodka and tonic at comedy.....coffee from coffee bar. It just was great for us!

Had early dining....table for 6 but we were the only one at the table. The waiter kept apology get but we didn't care. Food was ok...some nights really good others so so...lobster , filet, and prime rib were definitely best night. I loved cream of mushroom soup

Debarkation was slllloooôwwww!

We were 1130 checkin

Got onboard about 1

We have 11:30 check in also for next month. How long did it take you to drop off luggage, pay, park then get inside to check in. We're trying to time it so that we can check in closer to 11:30 than 12:00 but at the same time don't want to get there too early and having to wait in the sun. Haven't cruised in five years and so excited.:D

We arrived about 10:45 and we got inside the gate to line up in one of 4 lanes.

We sat about 20 min. They would let cars out from the lot and then let a row in then let some out and let more in. You follow the lane to drop off luggage and proceed to pay then park.

You go into the terminal thru security and go to checkin. There was lines but it went pretty quick. Then we sat for about half hour and was on board about 12:45

we are leaving on a cruise in september and was wondering how the new boarding procedures are going, I understand that you are now assigned times for check in. can you fill us in a little on how organized this was and are they really not letting people in for check in until their assigned times.

Did you have a choice AM or PM for the steward to service the room? We are close to the cabin where you were in when we cruise in October. What was the steward like? Were they friendly, willing to go the extra mile?? We typically ask for ice everyday & on some cruises we have had amicable stewards & on others not so much so. Refrigerators used to be stocked but heard they no longer do so. Do you remember if they were stocked or not?

Our room steward was John..he was nice and we did have to decide am or pm.

I said am but they still turn down the sheets at night. We asked for ice and he did bring it with an ice bucket. He said you need to request it because people were not using the ice. We had cheers and I never looked to see the fridge.

If you need anything else I'll try to answer

I just realized you are talking about staggered times for Pride out of Baltimore! When did they start that? I have a cruise booked for 2018. Did you get to choose your time, how did you do that?

Thanks for your help!

You choose your time when you do online check-in.

Our room steward was John..he was nice and we did have to decide am or pm.

I said am but they still turn down the sheets at night. We asked for ice and he did bring it with an ice bucket. He said you need to request it because people were not using the ice. We had cheers and I never looked to see the fridge.

If you need anything else I'll try to answer

I was just on the Pride right before you. I chose both am and pm service with no problems. Our room steward provided ice for the whole week. Our fridge was not empty when we got on board. My parents requested items be removed and room steward was able to do that for them.

Did you have a choice AM or PM for the steward to service the room? We are close to the cabin where you were in when we cruise in October. What was the steward like? Were they friendly, willing to go the extra mile?? We typically ask for ice everyday & on some cruises we have had amicable stewards & on others not so much so. Refrigerators used to be stocked but heard they no longer do so. Do you remember if they were stocked or not?

Fridges on the Pride are still stocked - no problem removing the contents and filling with our own soda and water though (make sure that you close the fridge door all the way or it won't get as cold as you expect).

Yes, the Pride has the comfort choice papers - you can however select both check boxes. My parents enjoyed twice a day service while I selected evening only.

• 2 weeks later...