Just Booked - The Vista - Super Bowl Cruise 2018

Hawaii697

Had such a great cruise this past June, that my group wanted me to book another ASAP. We sailed Royal, we were not WOW'd hence, I came back home to Carnival. :D

Since we are doing a land trip next year and we are now officially empty nesters, we wanted to try sailing in the dead of winter. With that being said, has anyone sailed on a Super Bowl cruise out of Miami? Is the weather still warm enough to watch the game on the Lido deck or is better to find a venue indoors to watch? Does Carnival do anything special for the game. Maybe appetizers, etc. I would love to to get some ideas of what to expect, so I can share with my group.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

You had better like the Supper Bowl. I mean really like the Supper Bowl because the cruise will center on it until it is over. The formal night might be changed. The theater show postponed to show the game. On and on with changes. Personally, when I cruise, I want to cruise and when I am home, I might watch the football game. So i try not to cruise during Super Bowl week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good score! (pun intended)

Weather can be tricky, might be warm, might be cold. Remember, Floridians think 72 degrees or below is cold.

LOL, 72 for me in Feb is a heatwave. Thank you for your response!

You had better like the Supper Bowl. I mean really like the Supper Bowl because the cruise will center on it until it is over. The formal night might be changed. The theater show postponed to show the game. On and on with changes. Personally, when I cruise, I want to cruise and when I am home, I might watch the football game. So i try not to cruise during Super Bowl week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hmm, at least 3 football parties at my house during the season regular season and playoffs. We are a house divided, he's a Skin's fan and I'm a NY Giants fan. The 28 people in my group also are football fans. I think this sailing will be a great big party, no matter who's playing because we love football. ;) I don't see us missing a formal night or the theater on this sailing since the cruise starts on Superbowl Sunday anyway. Bonus, the following day is a Sea Day! Looking forward to this sailing.

I JUST FIGURED OUT IM ON THIS CRUISE! ...Vista, leaving on 2/5/17, which is Super Bowl Sunday ... How cool to be on a cruise for the super bowl?

Didn't see any replies about what, if anything, special will be going on? I hope to still see the original ads?

Anyone who has cruised on Super Bowl Sunday please comment!!!!

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I was on a cruise when the Gators were in a playoff game (can't remember other team). The game was played in the sports bar. At one point the opposing QB threw a pass, I yelled interception and it was and Gators TD'd and won the game. The noise in the room was amazing. We had so much fun. It'd be great for the super bowl.

We have been on a couple of Super Bowl cruises before. They will have the game on in the main theater and up on the lido. As far as appetizers, think hot dogs and nachos. Great atmosphere with everyone wearing team jerseys. Sailed from Miami for SuperBowl in 2015 and it was cold and really windy up on Lido, everyone covered in towels.

Edited by Hammerman417

We cruised super bowl. Our ship had tvs on lido as well as in comedy club. Lots of festivities. Philly sandwiches, hot dogs, special fixins available in comedy club itself. Very fun time.

Been on a few and always fun to root for a team... hopefully your team. ;) They have had ice sculptures with both the teams, all kinds of tailgate food aka your dinner. Been outside on the Freedom (also on sail away day) to inside the main lounge. So don't worry about the weather. It was fun to skip the dining room that night and be comfy. We always sail in February so we get a few Super Bowl cruises along the way!

Thanks all for your responses. I had a feeling it would be chilly watching the game on the Lido deck. I'm glad there are several other options. It's good to know they will also be serving tailgate food. Unfortunately I have 555 days left until I sail . . . :rolleyes:

Happy cruising all!

If you want a good seat in the theater to watch the game on the big screen, arrive at least an hour early.

Get friendly with your wait staff, tip them early so they will respond to you during the game with any requests, refills you may have.

I've seen 2 Super Bowls in the main theater, it is a fun experience even if your team isn't involved.

I've cruised during a superbowl and 2 NFC AFC championships. It was on Princess, but it was awesome. I actually scheduled the cruises because of the game. I am not a huge NFL fan, but it is quite fun to watch the games on the big screen while sitting in a hot tub and being served brewskies in a bucket.