Vista 7/1/16 8 day Med Review - a Vista like no other

jimbo5544

We have just come back from our 8 day Barcelona based group cruise aboard the Carnival Vista. While the reviews on the newest Carnival ship have not been lacking, I cannot help but give my version of our med cruise and our first (of what will be many) visits aboard the Carnival Vista.

This will be a picture heavy review of our cruise and the Vista itself. Hopefully giving a slightly different view of both. Please join me as I relive our latest cruise. Feel free to comment or ask questions along the way as I relive our wonderful cruise

First for those who don't know me, a little about us. I post here quite a bit and began doing reviews of our cruises about 4 years ago when after reading some of the reviews posted here, I suddenly understood that doing a review really accomplished two things.

First it gave others a view (or a vista if you will....pun intended) of what your experience was of your cruise and some insights that they might find useful. It also may give them information for that ship or itinerary that may prove useful. Almost as important, but not as evident as that time, was it allows the poster to relive their cruise experience.

My wife Mary and I have now completed our 33rd Carnival cruise. We have five grown children who have grown up on with Carnival cruising and 14 grand children, 11 of which have sailed on Carnival as well. We have sailed mostly in the Caribbean, but also done a couple of west coast cruises, a couple of Alaskan cruises, and this was our second Med cruise aboard a Carnival ship.

We have sailed out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Tampa, San Juan, Baltimore, New York, Vancouver, Long Beach, Rome and now Barcelona.

Following and looking forward to it :D

Thanks for following along. Hopefully you will get as much out of it as I will in doing it. I see you are sailing aboard the Vista in August. Please feel free to ask any questions along the way.

We began our cruising life way back in 1996 when we sailed aboard the Carnival Celebration, which at the time we thought to be huge. We were quickly bitten by the cruising bug and before long had scheduled our next cruise two years later and before long were doing yearly cruises. Lately we cruise at twice a year and sometimes more often.

Our last med cruise was aboard the Carnival Liberty back in 2006. A few years back we began thinking about doing another med cruise. As most know, Carnival cruises the med usually (at least lately) when they have a new ship that comes out there. When the Sunshine was being reborn, we had other commitments and as a result decided we would strongly look at sailing on the next ship that Carnival would bring out.

What did you think about the size of comedy club and layout of piano bar?

I know you have fairly strong feeling along the size of both of these venues. As far as location' date=' the comedy club is 4 aft center (not quite all the way back and we caught 3 shows. Larger than the Sunshine, but was at capacity (not over loaded) when I was in there.

The Piano bar layout and location is similar to the Sunshine as well (there is a them here). It was packed every night. We never got in there, although not due to the fact of over crowding, it was just there was so much going on and it was a med cruise and we were pretty well whipped every night. Of the two, and I make this judgement just by walking by, I would liked seeing a bigger piano lounge.

[/size']

I know you have fairly strong feeling along the size of both of these venues. As far as location, the comedy club is 4 aft center (not quite all the way back and we caught 3 shows. Larger than the Sunshine, but was at capacity (not over loaded) when I was in there.

The Piano bar layout and location is similar to the Sunshine as well (there is a them here). It was packed every night. We never got in there, although not due to the fact of over crowding, it was just there was so much going on and it was a med cruise and we were pretty well whipped every night. Of the two, and I make this judgement just by walking by, I would liked seeing a bigger piano lounge.

Thanks for info.

PBE on Vista is probably the best one they have and would expect it to be packed. Wish they provided more seats around the bar.

Have some more questions but pretty sure you will cover them so will hold off for now.

I have been soaking up little tidbits from the Vista reviews and looking forward to reading yours. I will be sailing on her the entire month of Oct. (B2B2B).

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Debbie

I have been soaking up little tidbits from the Vista reviews and looking forward to reading yours. I will be sailing on her the entire month of Oct. (B2B2B).

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Debbie

So Jealous!!! I do my 1st B2B next year it is not where near that!!! :eek:

Amazing...teach me your ways, or pack me in your suit case!

Tuned in Jimbo. Let's goo!!:)

I am trying to kick it in gear. We came back Saturday and got home around 9:30 PM and still in jet lag limbo. Downloaded pics fro one camera last night and yet to do the point and shoot (which we used in a couple of places for a couple of reasons) and the vids I want to use from the gopro (which will be an interesting try for me).

Long story short I am getting into it and should have some pics loaded by end of day (I hope;)). I wanted to spend a little time on pre-cruise stuff as it was much more intensive for a med cruise that a Caribbean cruise (at least for us). More to come.....

Thanks for info.

PBE on Vista is probably the best one they have and would expect it to be packed. Wish they provided more seats around the bar.

Have some more questions but pretty sure you will cover them so will hold off for now.

If I don't' date=' please ask. [/size']

Hi looking forward to your review. I can`t wait to sail on Vista in October and I am also thinking of doing my first review of my cruise as well.:eek:

Hopefully I can add some value for you in your upcoming cruise. Please ask any question along the way. In regards to doing a review, I would give you a definite "do it" from my end. I found it an effort to decide to do just that and once decided to find a "flow" that works for me. There are some here who are very good (and some who no longer post here who were excellent as well).

The last but advice is to not take people's criticism's and comments personally. There have been some who post reviews who take things to heart (either pro or con), I get as least as much out of doing the review than people reading reading it. If along the way I could give guidance on that front I would be happy to do so......short answer is go for it.

I am trying to kick it in gear. We came back Saturday and got home around 9:30 PM and still in jet lag limbo. Downloaded pics fro one camera last night and yet to do the point and shoot (which we used in a couple of places for a couple of reasons) and the vids I want to use from the gopro (which will be an interesting try for me).

Long story short I am getting into it and should have some pics loaded by end of day (I hope;)). I wanted to spend a little time on pre-cruise stuff as it was much more intensive for a med cruise that a Caribbean cruise (at least for us). More to come.....

Lol. I didn't say that trying to rush you but rather I was expressing my excitement about your review. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lol. I didn't say that trying to rush you but rather I was expressing my excitement about your review. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LOL, you are not and I did not take it as such....but I do feel like it is dinner time right now.....