Build-a-Bear coming to Carnival

tidecat

I thought they already have this bear thing on board?

I've seen it (or something like it) on our Mexican Riviera cruises on the Miracle.

my kids definitely did it on carnival when they were younger. but now i guess they are partnering up with the official build a bear company. when my kids did it they were carnival branded dogs, cats, and they had a fun ship freddie doll you could build.

I thought they already have this bear thing on board?

I've seen it (or something like it) on our Mexican Riviera cruises on the Miracle.

Yeah, they definitely did, even on the smaller ships, 8 years ago. I know this because DD still has the bear! Guess now it will be branded and cost more....

More like going to local mall everyday.

George in NY - former cruiseaholic

That was my first thought as well.

On the plus side, it sounds like this will be set up in the kids area, not an actual store front in the shopping area.

It is weird. Going to sea is now a very similar experience to going to our local Fashion Island Mall. Why pay money to go do what you can already do down the street?

We just got off a ship yesterday. It was our 15th cruise. We want to try a Beaches resort. We'll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear they're stuffing them with scraps made from the old tableclothes [emoji23]

LOL. Mine are doing the old stuff the bear this week, so we'll see if that's enough for them. Who knows how long it will take to get the official Build A Bear fleet-wide.

It use to be Build a Bear and Carnival changed the name. They must have got the rights to use the name again.

How do I know this you might ask yourself? For the last 5 years we have been building creatures in Camp Carnival for our pets. They love them. We have not lost one yet.

Drats! When I read the thread title I thought it said "Build a Beer".. I got very excited. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Did you use the Pour Your Own Bear station on your last cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done many a cruise where my sign and sail card only contains tips.

As long as people are willing to spend, Carnival will gladly keep adding and upgrading the "pay more for" options. It is up to the consumer to say yes or no. I know it is hard with kids because they do have free time and the candy store and things like 'Build a Bear' are very appealing for them. That's why we bring plenty of board games, comic books, and hand held battery operated games with us when we travel with kids. That, and we spend a lot of time with them on the slides, the rope course, etc. and our shore excursions are always exercise filled options that wear them out.