5 in room on Ecstasy

MooNGaTe27

Has anyone been on the Ecstasy & had 5 people in the room using the trundle bed.Would there be room to move around when the bed in down.The room would be R55,R57 R 70 or R72.I have never had 5 in the same room are these rooms bigger or what.Help please.

It will be very crowded, but really how much time are you spending in the cabin anyway? Keep everything neat, and put away as much as possible, and just deal with it. Have you ever spent time camping in an RV? It's pretty much the same thing, except your mostly only in there for sleeping. Adults can use the gym to shower to make it easier during prime time.

We've had 5 in a room & had a blast! :) Quickly mastered a routine of who wanted to do what & when (wake first, shower first, use the vanity area, etc.) & where to meet when everyone was done (usually on Lido in the mornings). We've always stayed aft just 2 decks below Lido when we've done this, however I've heard a great tip about booking a stateroom near the spa to make use of the showers there. I'd definitely give that a try if we ever stay 5 to a room again. :)

We stayed 5 in an ocean view on the elation. 2 adults and 3 kids. It wasn't too bad. We are booked 5 again on the Dream for April 2017. I dont have pics but to give an idea.....our bed was a king with a pull down bed over our heads and another at the foot of the bed. we had a trundle under the pull down bed that was at the foot of the king. we really could not walk around the king bed when the trundle was out. With 3 kids, we were always on the go so didn't spend much time in there anyway.

For Fantasy Class OV and IS (don't think this'll work in a balcony.

Keep the lowers apart

One under the window,

The other along a wall, under a bunk

Place the trundle under the other bunk.

Pack light, do a load of laundry or send it out.

Store luggage under the lower beds. Use the luggage as another drawer.

Double, triple or even quadruple up on hangars (pants, shirt, sweater, jacket)

Pack your 'hang up-ables' on hangars.

Everyone gets either a drawer or a shelf

There will be hooks next to the upper's, hang a shoe holder (use a bit of rope if need be). Upper pockets are the bunks' 'nightstand'. Lower ones are for stuff - sundries, socks, shoes, little things that get lost, etc.

Keep the cabin neat and organized. We bring a very thin garden tote or make a box for the vanity.

Only bathroom 'duties' are done inside. Everything else is on the bed or at the vanity. Could use the spa for showering also.

Share what can be shared.

Ecstasy will have one 110v and one 220v outlet. Confirm what type of outlet the 220 is. Could be a Euro ( . . ) pin or one with two horizontal ( — . — ) pins.

Bring a plug splitter but NOT a surge protectors, land ones are a fire hazard on ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

we are going on Ecstasy in February and have booked 3 OV with 5 pax each. we have babies and small children in our group. We discussed many options including teenagers sharing a cabin with 8-9 year olds. We couldn't seem to find 4 pax cabins that were connecting to make that work. the bottom line was the parents weren't comfortable with the pre teens not being within earshot or eye sight. we configured cabins with parents and 3 kids in each. plus, the grandparents had to take in a couple to make it all work!! We'll see how it all goes........

I also have the same question.

But is it possible to fit 5 adults in this kind of room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can. Only do this if your used to traveling in close quarters with each other ie RV. Otherwise I shudder at the idea.

There are ways to be cost effective. Triple and a double, look on the deck plans, there might be connecting cabins like this. Price it out. Look at regular and upper/lower inside cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

We did it 20+ years ago on this ship with our 3 children. I would never do it again. The newer ships have 'family' cabins that are large, and 1 and 1/2 baths, etc. This is an old ship and if you can swing it, go for a newer ship in a family size cabin or 2 connecting cabins. Find a travel agent who will work with you finding a good deal if you don't want to do the work yourself. As an example, we switched from Disney Magic to Disney Dream, gave up a port for an extra sea day and upgraded from OV to balcony for a whopping $25.00.

I did the work of bringing up all the cruises for the year on both ships and found it.

Back then, squeezing 5 into a cabin was our only option, but today you have so many great family cabin options.

Edited by jpurdy