Anything special for letting them know its your honeymoon?

owlman76

Hey everyone. In october I am taking my very first cruise. We are sailing the carnival pride to the eastern carribean. I was just curious as it is for our honeymoon. I noticed you can mark on your cruise info if its a special occasion (ie bday anniversary honeymoon). Is there any advantage or perks to doing this? just curious.. Thank you!!

Edited by owlman76

Some people have reported special perks like bottles of wine, complimentary alternative dining etc, but you shouldn't expect any of this unless you actually pay for these.

The most we've received on Carnival has been the waiters singing happy anniversary during dinner with a candle on a dessert cheesecake slice. [emoji23]

We had chocolate-covered strawberries in our room on our wedding night, but we were married on the ship, and it may have been part of the wedding package.

We also had the singing waiters and dessert with candle later in the week.

None that I know of. When one of us had a birthday, they gave us a small cake in the MDR. We shared it with everyone at the table. I think they hang something like congratulations on your door but that's about it.

Nope. Was on my honeymoon cruise in early June. We had marked on our booking that it was out honeymoon and I purchased a "Happy Honeymoon" cake to be delivered to our room (delicious!) but nothing else. No biggie. Still a great trip!

It probably varies from ship to ship. On our last cruise (on the Conquest), we had indicated we were celebrating our anniversary. We got a coupon for a free photo, a coupon for a free drink (alcoholic or non) for each of us, and a coupon for a free treatment at the spa. My wife waited too long to use the spa coupon. She had wanted to use it on our last sea day, but the spa was completely booked up. So, if you should get a similar coupon, make your appointment right away.

Hey everyone. In october I am taking my very first cruise. We are sailing the carnival pride to the eastern carribean. I was just curious as it is for our honeymoon. I noticed you can mark on your cruise info if its a special occasion (ie bday anniversary honeymoon). Is there any advantage or perks to doing this? just curious.. Thank you!!

We were on our honeymoon on our January 2016 B2B on Glory. One night in the MDR, we received a heart shaped rich dessert with candle & the waiters sang. Written in chocolate on the plate was "Happy Honeymoon".

When we got back to our cabin, the steward had written "Happy Honeymoon, (and our names)"

On the bed was a little GC box with a coupon for $25 off a bottle of wine + a coupon for a photo (6 X 9?). We hadn't taken any photos so the next 2 nights we had our photo taken in the DR as those were printed in the size we were offered.

Very nice gesture by Carnival.

We didn't get anything for ours in 2011. Last cruise Steward wrote "Happy Birthday" on my Mirror and we got a "Free picture" coupon.

On our Honeymoon cruise, we didn't do anything to advertise. However there were lots of other newly wed couples, some even wearing matching t-shirts saying "Just Married" or "Honeymoon!!". Maybe they got extra attention I don't know.

On our Dream Cruise in May DS received a free 6 x 9 photo and a $50 spa certificate for his birthday which was 2 days before our cruise from our room steward. DH received a free 6 x 9 photo "just because" from him too. This was the first time we ever received anything like that. In the MDR there seemed to be multiple occasions every night where the waiters were singing either "Happy Anniversary" or "Happy Honeymoon" to some table. Not sure if they got a cake with that or not.

Well on our anniversary on the Sunshine in April, they gave us a free dinner at Cucina for two, a $25 gift card for a bottle of wine, & $25 spa gift card. The only thing I stated was it was for an anniversary on our check-in page. Also room steward did the message on the mirror in our room. It was a nice surprise however didn't expect any of it. So I say don't expect and maybe

You will also get a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband's birthday was on July 23. Our cruise on the Valor ended on the 24th. We did not ask for decorations or pay for any package but our room was decorated on arrival (cruise was from July 16-24 this year) and our room steward gave him gift certificates for a free 5x7 photo, free bottle of wine, and $50 spa treatment. It was completely unexpected and a pretty cool surprise. This was our first cruise. We will definitely be back (not because of the freebies) and had a truly wonderful experience with everyone we encountered.

When I booked our recent cruise for my wife and I, I put that it was our honeymoon in the special occasion entry box. It was a 4 day from Tampa to Cozumel on the Paradise. On the 2nd day (sea day) around 5:00 pm my wife was coming back to our room and in the hall our room steward stops her and says Happy Honeymoon and hands her a $50 gift cert to the spa, a $25 gift cert towards a bottle of wine and a gift cert good towards a photo...it was a very nice gesture and we were very appreciative, the only thing was she was literally coming back from getting a massage at the spa, she had also bought some lotion too. It would have been nice to have gotten them on the 1st day when we embarked and not on the 2nd evening. We went to the spa to see if we could get a refund on the lotion she had bought so we could turn around and use the $50 gift cert...nope. She ended up using it on another lotion that cost $55 and we had to pay the $5 difference. Like I said we were very appreciative of the kind gesture, we just wondered why they waited until the evening of the 2nd day of the cruise.

Edited by sushi_tampa
forgot we also got a GC for a photo

We were on our honeymoon on the Glory in May. We received both a wine certificate (we hardly ever drink) and a spa certificate...both expired before we even had time to use them.

Our cabin steward did not mention nor write Happy Honeymoon.

seems like they used to do more, we cruised for our honeymoon a decade ago and actually got upgraded to a suite (at least they told use that was the reason for the upgrade) and got a bottle of wine. In the past few years, I have heard much less of this type of thing though. BUT if you mention it causally during the cruise, I wouldnt be suprised if one-off perks come your way.....

Where do you tell them if you are celebrating something?

I don't know where you tell them in the beginning but when reviewing my booking docs I did see that it showed "Special Occasion: (none)" ( go to ...My Cruise Manager | My Cruise Details | Guest (1))

It looks like you should be able to click on (none) to change this, but not in my case. I called Carnival when I got nowhere from clicking on none and they told me that since I booked thru a TA the TA would have to make the change.

I don't know where you tell them in the beginning but when reviewing my booking docs I did see that it showed "Special Occasion: (none)" ( go to ...My Cruise Manager | My Cruise Details | Guest (1))

It looks like you should be able to click on (none) to change this, but not in my case. I called Carnival when I got nowhere from clicking on none and they told me that since I booked thru a TA the TA would have to make the change.

This. If you book through a TA they have to do. I e-mailed my TA to add our anniversary which is while we are on the Carnival Sunshine. We will see what happens. For my sons birthday we didn't do anything. I think because it is in your registration/check in they already know. It was nice of our room steward to recognize it when we were on the Dream.