Meet n Mingle for Oasis Viewing on Friday

Hello Oasis fans! We thought it would be fun to create one main thread for people to discuss their plans to go down to the waterfront to see Oasis of the Seas sail in on Friday, post their first impressions and photos of the ship, and in general talk about how excited we are that the ship is finally arriving in Florida. Use this thread to plan a spontaneous Cruise Critic meet n mingle party at the John Lloyd Park or find people to carpool with. Let us know what you think -- does Oasis of the Seas meet or surpass your expectations? We can't wait to finally meet her!

I won't be there in person, but I was down at the Solent in the U.K. last week when the ship came in for a short stop to drop off workers. There was a lot of excitement with the crowds there. I am sure the arrival in Fort Lauderdale will be fantastic, too!

I am looking forward to hearing the first impressions and chatting to members tomorrow about the atmosphere!

Have fun all, and definitely post your thoughts!

According to Royal Caribbean, the ship will be visible around 6:30 am. It will enter the inlet around 8 am and dock by 9 am. I'm sure all these are estimates but probably pretty close to accurate.

Thanks SOOOO much, dear Erica!!

DH Dr. Dave and I are here in Fort Lauderdale for just two days (from our Phoenix home)--and looking forward to seeing her tomorrow!

BTW: We're RCCL Diamond members--booked in an Aqua Theatre suite on the January 2 sailing in just 7 weeks!! :D Our dear Phoenix friends are joining us (in a Loft Suite) to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary--on the sailing day (January 2).

We won't be able to get to the 17th Street Bridge area (for a high-rise view) until around 11 a.m.-ish tomorrow (Friday, 11/13) -- but would you like me to send my phone number for our views (or is that too late)?

And thanks also to all the great posters on these boards who have provided so much helpful info about the sail-in!!!

Appreciatively,

Mary-Lou

Try the back up webcam. I seem to be getting a connection there right now.

Its frustrating... oh well. I got it to work as a webcam, but now its frozen. Luckily, it seems like GMA has an anchor waiting on the jetty to show it coming in

Turn on Good Morning America. The crane that was shown on another thread yesterday is for their camera. They have already shown the ship from from about 1 mile away. I am in Maryland. I would have given anything to go to FTL. But then again I would have flown out during a nor-easter. I don't think so. Not even for OASIS.

I couldn't get the inletcam to work. Now I'm happy.

Watching the inlet cam right now....looks like something might be getting ready to happen....people gathering and spray from boats flying high in the air...as well as the cam slightly repositioning...Map shows Oasis about 1.5 miles off shore right now...heading in at about 14 knots...

Just spoke to one of our members who is acting as a roving reporter for us today - Joan aka Mjbelen.

Ironically, she is standing with another member, Logan aka evilblah, who we will be chatting with soon!

She was super excited and said the ship is just coming into view -- there are hundreds of people down at the park watching and the weather is good! There are helicopters above and boats starting to sound their horns.

She even met RCCL execs Adam Goldstein and Richard Fain and saw the GMA crew.

Sounds absolutely amazing!

I'll be getting more from her soon.

Just chatted (and heard Oasis' horn down the phone!) with member Joe aka thameth.

He is down at the 17th Causeway Bridge and says the atmosphere is amazing! Sounds like the party is happening!

He said: "The ship is taking up the whole of the inlet! There are about 35-40 people on this side of the bridge, and another 35-40 on the other side!"

Joe also tells me he has spoken to another 4/5 CC members! He arrived early - 6:40 a.m. and was about the 8th person there.

He is also standing next to one of the architects who designed Oasis - must be a very proud day for him!

He is hoping to get some photos to us asap!

Archived