Cruise prices for uk cruisers 2017-18

fellmaster

This is a general observation but I am interested in other members views.

We have now done a fair amount of cruises on most of the general Cruise lines . To cut to the quick, I am astounded at this years rack rate increase for cruises across the different cruise lines.

I think an increase was anticipated particularly with the uncertainty surrounding the effect of Brexit. However IMHO The increases are far to excessive and tantamount to profiteering.

For example we have cruised with NCL for a number of years and at the same time early in the new year . This year the same cruise itinerary on the same ship ,same cabin class is more or less double the January 2017 price ! This reflected across the rest of their cruises

we also have cruises booked for over 12 months to Australia and the south pacific with Roya Caribbean. the same cruise next year is on a 33% increase.

The same goes for for princess and P and O .and other cruise lines

Celebrity seem to have increased prices but not as much as the others.

People I know who have cruised for years have simply said they will not pay the prices or just go on less cruises

Anyone have any constructive comments ??

I cannot answer for the UK but I can certainly say that similarly the prices seem higher for most cruises here. I have got to the stage where I really only grab a cruise on it's first release if the price is reasonable and otherwise I wait for last minute sales as the prices in between are so high.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an email from a TA with some cruise deals. It was very noticeable that the prices on cruises ex USA were considerably lower, for a similar number of days, than those out of Southampton. There could be a very good reason but I certainly don't know what it is!