$$$ Seattle Hotels?

We stay usually at hotels at Pioneer Square area or Downtown to be able to walk to a lot of places like Pike Market etc... We have stayed at Best Western Pioneer Square a couple times with no troubles at all, Roosevelt Hotel was centrally located and last year we stayed at Renaissance Seattle Hotel (Marriott) from Hotwire for $320 for 2 weekend nights..

For your transportation needs, I highly recommend AJ Towncar Services while in Seattle. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone but I know he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website that I just looked up. http://www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Tell him his friend from San Diego....Charlene....says helllooooo

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for pre cruise hotel for a cruise departing from pier 66. Would be great to hear from anyone who found an affordable, nice hotel near pier 66 where Norwegian departs from. Thanks for any info.

• 6 months later...
We are also thinking of staying at Renaissance - how was it - I heard it's on a steep hill?
Yes, please see the responses to your other threads on CC and TripAdvisor where you asked the same question.

We have booked the La Quinta hotel in Seattle for September. After reading all these posts I am getting nervous about staying in this area. Does anyone have any feedback about this hotel and area? We were hoping to be able to walk to the waterfront and around the city.

The area is okay; at present there's an enormous amount of construction going on all around the site - mainly Amazon office towers and a few apartments/condos. You'll be about a block from Amazon's HQ with its "biospheres" (aka "Bezos' B*lls") out front.

amazon-spheres-3.jpg

There's not much in the way of restaurants unless you head to Seattle Center (3 - 4 blocks) or else down to Westlake (2-3 blocks.) You can walk to the downtown retail core or the Pike Place market in maybe 15 or 20 minutes, or to the Lake Union streetcar on Westlake (across from a Whole Foods) in 3 or 4 minutes. The waterfront can be reached from the Pike market in 5 minutes downhill. It's safe enough, just a bit bleak at night.

The area is okay; at present there's an enormous amount of construction going on all around the site - mainly Amazon office towers and a few apartments/condos. You'll be about a block from Amazon's HQ with its "biospheres" (aka "Bezos' B*lls") out front.

amazon-spheres-3.jpg

There's not much in the way of restaurants unless you head to Seattle Center (3 - 4 blocks) or else down to Westlake (2-3 blocks.) You can walk to the downtown retail core or the Pike Place market in maybe 15 or 20 minutes, or to the Lake Union streetcar on Westlake (across from a Whole Foods) in 3 or 4 minutes. The waterfront can be reached from the Pike market in 5 minutes downhill. It's safe enough, just a bit bleak at night.

Oh ok, I guess we will be ok. Thank you!

That particular stay was for a birthday celebration and not pre-cruise. Sorry. :D

Thanks for your Cedarbrooke Lodge recommendation.

I explored the site and I think we'll make a reservation soon for next April. The AAA rate quote for an accessible queen was $215, only $30 more than the Seatac Hampton Inn quote. The ambience and on site bar/restaurant are worth it for us.

Will find out first though about cost of taxi from there to port 66 for NCL.

Thanks for your Cedarbrooke Lodge recommendation.

I explored the site and I think we'll make a reservation soon for next April. The AAA rate quote for an accessible queen was $215, only $30 more than the Seatac Hampton Inn quote. The ambience and on site bar/restaurant are worth it for us.

Will find out first though about cost of taxi from there to port 66 for NCL.

I saw on another board that Seattle Express picks up there for a transfer to the pier.

I saw on another board that Seattle Express picks up there for a transfer to the pier.

Yes, I'd seen that. But Regretfully, after talking with a rep at Cedarbrook we have decided not to book. My husband has difficulty walking and the rooms are not near check-in, restaurant, etc. The Lodge would loan him a wheelchair but we decided under the circumstances to look for other lodging.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I'd seen that. But Regretfully, after talking with a rep at Cedarbrook we have decided not to book. My husband has difficulty walking and the rooms are not near check-in, restaurant, etc. The Lodge would loan him a wheelchair but we decided under the circumstances to look for other lodging.

We got back a couple of weeks ago from our Ruby Alaska cruise.. Since we had never been to Seattle before, we stayed there a few days pre-cruise. We enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Place, which is near the Space Needle. The elevators are pretty close to the check-in desk, and you could request a room close to the elevator, to save steps. The rooms are pretty spacious, as they include an (almost) separate sitting area.

They have a 24 hr shuttle that will take you to several popular designated places within a 1 mile radius. To be clear, it wouldn't deliver you directly to the Space Needle, for example, but to their stop in front of the Museum of Pop Culture which is near the Space Needle. When we didn't take the shuttle, either because of the distance, or once when the shuttle was too busy, we used LYFT and UBER for the first time, which we found to be very convenient.

We booked almost a year in advance for $194/night (AAA rate) , plus taxes and fees. I would highly recommend booking some place right away, as the rates almost doubled by the time of our cruise, plus hotels generally have very generous cancellation policies.

Their free self-serve breakfast is pretty generous, and includes a different special entree each morning, in addition to the usual cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc. Although we didn't use it, they also have a 24 hr gallery menu available with soups, salads, and sandwiches. There are also number of good restaurants near their various shuttle stops, but I realize that "near" is a relative word!

Our cruise departed from Pier 91, and we took a LYFT which got us there for less than $10 (although we had a free ride code.)

Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt House Downtown Seattle? Booked non- refundable rooms. Getting a bit concerned about the area now.

We walked past it a few times (day and night) on our route between Hyatt Place and the Seattle Center, where the Space Needle and museums are located. It never gave us any cause for concern, and we found the location to be quite convenient. I wouldn't worry about it, especially since your rooms are non-refundable. (And I am a worrier by nature!)

Did you go to any nearby restaurants for dinner or just eat in the lodge?

So sorry, I just saw this now. As it turns out, we had our own car and brought dinner back to the hotel (just one night). I am not sure what is nearby but Google maps can certainly help you there. :)

Thanks for your Cedarbrooke Lodge recommendation....I explored the site and I think we'll make a reservation soon for next April.

Nice! I hope you enjoy it. :D