What do you put in your carryon?

aachavezz

Like others have said, we carry on everything - small suitcase each and backpacks each.

Thank you so much! We're trying to figure out how to not have checked luggage. Adding a backpack will most certainly help! Never thought to use one, wonderful advice:D:)

Thank you so much! We're trying to figure out how to not have checked luggage. Adding a backpack will most certainly help! Never thought to use one, wonderful advice:D:)

Just remember until you earn or purchase priority you can not access your cabin until 1:30/2pm on embarkation day so make sure you can confidently handle whatever you choose to carry-on going up any stairs in the terminal and up the gang plank to the ship.

With that said I have known people able to travel anywhere, including cruises and ski trips, for a week with just a large carry-on and a personal bag (using airline definitions). Their biggest piece of advice is to cut shoes down to just 1 or 2 pairs that can be worn with anything they bring. The next thing they do is only pack mix and match clothing then wear, wash, and remix the pieces into different combinations so they only need half the clothing for the week (or longer). Also they do not buy much of anything in the way of souvenirs.

Now this is not my family or me, we prefer to still pack 1 outfit for each day of our vacations with a back-up or 2 if something gets stained or ripped. But we also try to check as much as possible to remain hands free boarding (any transportation). So in our carry-on (1x 16" roller and my purse) is...

1. car and/or house keys
  2. IDs
  3. boarding passes/ticket
  4. money/credit cards
  5. medicines/medical equipment
  6. jewelry
  7. minimal electronics (phone, camera, and chargers, the rest is left home)
  8. some toiletries (large bottles go to the checked luggage)
  9. a single complete change of clothing for each person
  10. a magazine or travel guide book
  11. our beverage allotment if we choose to bring any
  12. maybe a jacket or sweater if too hot to be worn

Bathing suits can be worn under street clothing, so in our experience not much else is needed

Totally agree with OceansOfTravels........rule of 'thumb'.....put anything that are "must haves" in your carry on....especially medication! I also carry with me at all times my jewelry (even if it is only more like 'cotume' jewelry that I take on cruises) and my electronics (like ipad, phone, chargers etc).

Ditto! Jewelry (both good and costume), always on my carry on!

Also my cameras!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All travel doc's (boarding passes, passports, cruise receipts, etc.), med's (prescriptions and some OTC), wine in wine carrier, phone, purse, envelope with $1 bills for tipping, cash envelopes to load S&S card...

We have been lucky to have FTTF for last 5 cruises so our cabin was ready as soon as we boarded and by time we finished lunch our luggage had been delivered. Didn't need to worry about carrying too much with us at boarding except basic boarding essentials.

on a recent 9 night b2b (5 night then 4 nights same ship same room), the following was in my carry on ( 22 in x 16 in, actual carryon not suitcase)

* 1 pair pants

* 3 shorts

* 12 tops 1 sweater

* 5 dresses

* 2 bathing suits

* 2 cover ups

* 2 night shirts

* 1 black shoes

* 1 nude sandals

* flip flops

* 1 beige shoes

* other ladies garments and socks etc

* travel size personal safe ( so great for beaches and pool, wire cord around chair or the like and lock) inside this i put wall charger, magnetic hooks for walls)

* laptop and charger

* wore runners, top and second pair of pants

in a smaller personal bag i carried travel size shampoo, conditioner, brush, comb, creams , soap, hair products, toothbrush / paste, sunblock, straightener, small laundry bag, phone, charger, passport, wallet, small purse, sunglasses, documents and all jewelry, medication and vitamins, makeup.

Picked up wine b4 going to port and carried that on as well

so freeing in many ways.. no waiting for luggage at airports, no wondering if luggage will show up, no waiting for luggage to be delivered when on ship, ease of putting things away in your room, takes little time to pack and unpack.... have all your belongings immediately and settled in so quickly on ship, when packing to go home takes very little time. I always use packing cubes.

do you have any pics you can share how that all looks/fits into a carryon? your post really motivates me to think differently and attempt this. i am amazed by your post!

Pack whatever you might need in the first couple of days. Quick and easy of this is I was on a cruise in Europe and the airline lost my luggage. No biggie you say but kept in mind all you have is shorts it is tough to go see the Vatican in shorts. I spent the first couple of hours getting some pants and they don't come hemmed. Missed some things I wanted to see.

Then as noted I use the smaller personal bag for jewelry docs money etc

Sent from my SM-G955W using Forums mobile app

I pack similiarly, either in a 19" TLS backpack or my 20" spinner. My whole family uses the backpacks as thier only bag. Much less stress during travel when we pack " light". I use the quotes because while we call it light, there is always more than enough stuff!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Victory yesterday and plan next time to only do carry ons. We could have done it this time but I got nervous.

If you use their laundry then it's fairly easy.

Let me make it very clear because IMHO, other posters didn't: the $15 laundry deal - check with your steward and be sure you get the form you MUST complete and coordinate timing with the steward. Everything I read on this board said: stuff the bag for $15. I did. I filled out the bag itself, but didn't see another form and never heard mention of it. So the clothes I planned for them to wash on Wednesday for us to have Thursday and Friday didn't get to laundry until Thursday because I didn't know about the form. I got the clothes Thursday night and we disembarked Friday morning. I mean we were ok but I had planned for this to be my option for carrying less this time.