Just off Oasis

jll583

That's impressive compared to previous situations such as the disaster that is Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale for the Allure.

We're going out on Oasis at the end of Sept so we'll see how it goes for us.

We were also on this cruise. Had baggage tag #9. Called us off the ship at about 8:10, no crowds in the terminal, hailed a porter ( we had 6 of us), hopped on the Avis shuttle and had the keys to the car at 8:35.

A much more pleasant experience than we had in April.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you recall picture prices and how much the digital disc was for all pics?

At the end of the cruise $299 for all digital images; $399 for all digital images and prints in your folio. They will not print out all of them, you just get to keep what has already been printed. If you go online to MyCruisePhotos.com you can pre-purchase your disc for $249. On our cruise (July 23, 2017) at the beginning of the week they offered a $199 special, so I got refunded another $50+.

My brother bought 6 digital images for $100 (before he found out he could have them all for $147). Other staterooms in your family can purchase all of their digital images for $147 per stateroom, IF one member of the party purchases everything at full price (which for me was $199). Be sure to mention when you are checking out at the cash register that your family member purchased the full package and give them the stateroom number. Otherwise you will be charged full price. This information is on their website and you can print it and bring it with you just in case there is a problem.

Look in your Cruise Compass for the special. It was only for a few days at the beginning of the cruise (if they offer it).

Edited by CruiszBug
Add information.

Do you recall how much were they charging for the Premium Beverage Package the day of boarding? I assume the base price is in the Compass if ya still have them. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I'm not sure what they were charging. I am looking at the compass and there is only a blurb stating to go to any bar to purchase drink packages.

Did you get to see 'CATS' while onboard? If so, is it gaining popularity with people staying for the whole show?

We did not go to Cats. It really isn't our thing and everything we've heard about it wasn't great. We did walk past the Opal Theatre on the first night and walked in and it was not very full at all. I'm not sure the exact time we walked in whether it was before of after intermission. Also, with it being the first night it might have had a small audience with everyone still exploring the ship :)

At the end of the cruise $299 for all digital images; $399 for all digital images and prints in your folio. They will not print out all of them, you just get to keep what has already been printed. If you go online to MyCruisePhotos.com you can pre-purchase your disc for $249. On our cruise (July 23, 2017) at the beginning of the week they offered a $199 special, so I got refunded another $50+.

My brother bought 6 digital images for $100 (before he found out he could have them all for $147). Other staterooms in your family can purchase all of their digital images for $147 per stateroom, IF one member of the party purchases everything at full price (which for me was $199). Be sure to mention when you are checking out at the cash register that your family member purchased the full package and give them the stateroom number. Otherwise you will be charged full price. This information is on their website and you can print it and bring it with you just in case there is a problem.

Look in your Cruise Compass for the special. It was only for a few days at the beginning of the cruise (if they offer it).

Oh perfect! I hope they offer it for $200 on mine as well! I leave in 2 weeks so that would be great! It is our 1st family vaca so I think i may want to get it but I really am on the fence. This helps a lot. thank you!

We did not go to Cats. It really isn't our thing and everything we've heard about it wasn't great. We did walk past the Opal Theatre on the first night and walked in and it was not very full at all. I'm not sure the exact time we walked in whether it was before of after intermission. Also, with it being the first night it might have had a small audience with everyone still exploring the ship :)

We did go to Cats and it certainly cleared out at intermission. We stayed for the entire show as we have seen it before and enjoy it. It was a very good production and on par with what would be a $75 to $125 ticket at any city tour of the show. But since a cruise draws many different crowds, I can see where some people would think it is a waste. If you had never seen the show before or been to many Broadway musicals, Cats is one odd show to understand the first time you see it. But the performers were fantastic and did the show justice.

Side note to this, they had no issue refunding the difference at all?

No problem. Sent an email and called the phone number listed for Photo Customer Service. In fact my sister was refunded $147 just yesterday, one month after the cruise. (She had paid almost $300 onboard.) But to be on the safe side, I would make sure you do it before getting off the ship.

Edited by CruiszBug
Spelling and add more information.

No problem. Sent an email and called the phone number listed for Photo Customer Service. In fact my sister was refunded $147 just yesterday, one month after the cruise. (She had paid almost $300 onboard.) But to be on the safe side, I would make sure you do it before getting off the ship.

yea i am anal like that lol. I hope they do it on mine. I have been on the fence but $199 may sway me :)

1. Do you know if they are still having Zumba dance fitness classes on the ship? Also, do you remember the time and location?

2. Is there a magnifying miror in the bathroom. It seems to me there was one on Oasis, but I may be confused with another ship.

3. Was it a problem getting a reservation for specialty restaurants while on board?

We did go to Cats and it certainly cleared out at intermission. We stayed for the entire show as we have seen it before and enjoy it. It was a very good production and on par with what would be a $75 to $125 ticket at any city tour of the show. But since a cruise draws many different crowds, I can see where some people would think it is a waste. If you had never seen the show before or been to many Broadway musicals, Cats is one odd show to understand the first time you see it. But the performers were fantastic and did the show justice.

Question for you:

I'm what I guess you'd call a Broadway newbie. I've seen and liked Hamilton, Wicked, Chicago, and Fiddler, although all of them felt about 25 minutes too long for me.

I wanted desperately to sneak out at the intermission of Les Mis and run for it, but I was with a large group of people and someone would have noticed I was gone. :)

Given the above, do you think I'd like Cats?

I think you would like the second half. Maybe you should arrive and be seated at intermission?

Haha, interesting. I'd be going against the flow of traffic from what I've read, maybe I can score a good (abandoned) seat. (I may sound like I'm joking, but if you're not kidding I'd definitely consider it.)

Haha, interesting. I'd be going against the flow of traffic from what I've read, maybe I can score a good (abandoned) seat. (I may sound like I'm joking, but if you're not kidding I'd definitely consider it.)

More than a few people have reported here that they liked the second half much better.

Question for you:

I'm what I guess you'd call a Broadway newbie. I've seen and liked Hamilton, Wicked, Chicago, and Fiddler, although all of them felt about 25 minutes too long for me.

I wanted desperately to sneak out at the intermission of Les Mis and run for it, but I was with a large group of people and someone would have noticed I was gone. :)

it all depends on what you like. Les Mis is my all time favorite musical. I grew up in NYC so going to a bway show was at least once a month thing for me. I fell asleep during Cats. Take that for what you want lol. I find that with Cats, people either really like it or really hate it. I will say that RC does a good job on their productions so if it sounds like something you may like, try it! it is free after all! :)

Is that including the intermission

BTW, I prefer the first half, but the second has a better version of Memory

I don't know if it includes the intermission, it's listed on a show schedule we had on our Oasis cruise.

Question for you:

I say give it a try if you are okay sitting for over 2 hours one evening of your cruise. I skipped the ice show this time as I've seen it on several other cruises. So the time didn't concern me.

Like I said, Cats is an odd show. But it thrives on the music and costumes. It had been at least 20 years since I last saw it and I had forgotten a lot of it. Some say to skip a half but I don't agree. Each half has some really good and some slightly boring routines. If you pay close attention, the story is there and every song ties it together. If you skip them then it loses that continuity.

The cast did a wonderful job in their performance. I was almost convinced that Steven Tyler had snuck on the ship and was playing the part of Rum Tum Tugger in the show. That actor must have used him as an influence in how he performed that role. He was very good.

Again, I say take a chance and see it through. Like I said before these would be at least $75 tickets in most cities. Here it is included with your cruise fare.

How long is Cats? We may consider going to the second half if it's shorter.

First half is 70 minutes. Intermission is 15 minutes. Second half is 65 minutes.

I say give it a try if you are okay sitting for over 2 hours one evening of your cruise. I skipped the ice show this time as I've seen it on several other cruises. So the time didn't concern me.

Like I said, Cats is an odd show. But it thrives on the music and costumes. It had been at least 20 years since I last saw it and I had forgotten a lot of it. Some say to skip a half but I don't agree. Each half has some really good and some slightly boring routines. If you pay close attention, the story is there and every song ties it together. If you skip them then it loses that continuity.

The cast did a wonderful job in their performance. I was almost convinced that Steven Tyler had snuck on the ship and was playing the part of Rum Tum Tugger in the show. That actor must have used him as an influence in how he performed that role. He was very good.

Again, I say take a chance and see it through. Like I said before these would be at least $75 tickets in most cities. Here it is included with your cruise fare.

I agree! If you are willing to spend 2.5 hours of your cruise in a theater production, take a chance and see this...

Otherwise, come for at least half the performance.