Excursion question?

Brooke71991

This may be kinda a noob question, but I have only ever been on one cruise back in 2015. The excursions for my cruise have finally started to show. When I go to add excursions to my cart, it shows the time for the excursions. Do excursions only have one time or are there some that have two? I ask, because if so, many of the excursions overlap. I want to be able to book more than one on days where I am in port for 13-14 hours. If the excursions do have more than one time, how would you know or change the time? Also, will more excursions show after the mass amount has dropped? I have one particular one I want to do, but it has not shown yet. The cruise is for october 2018 if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Our Feb 2018 cruise has had excursions slowly being added, and still nothing listed for the private beach day.

If there are multiple excursion times, I would think there would likely be a drop down box showing them.

We typically only book one long excursion per port, and if there is extra time we explore on our own. Many others do private excursions that may offer more flexibility for times. If you check the ports of call boards or your roll call you may find more information their, too.

Some excursions have multiple start times. These are the really popular excursions where they can book multiple groups (like tubing in Belize or ziplining anywhere or snorkeling in Roatan,etc).

Most do not, only one group so you have to take the time listed.

As ABQrobin has already point out there may be only one time per excursion due to the time and also how popular the excursion is. So if you want to do more than one excursion a day you might have to find a different set of excursions you would want to take or possibly go outside of Carnival and use a private excursion provider. You would be able to find some recommendations for private providers on the port of call threads.

Some excursions have multiple start times. These are the really popular excursions where they can book multiple groups (like tubing in Belize or ziplining anywhere or snorkeling in Roatan,etc).

Most do not, only one group so you have to take the time listed.

Well boo, lol. There is one 2 hour excursion I really want to do, but it is set right in the middle of the day, knocking out most of the longer excursions. Decisions, decisions. Think I will wait til it gets closer to decide. I have 4 excursions book already, so currently have only one port I have no excursions at. That would be the one with the 2 hour excursions because it would prevent me from doing most any other excursions I might want to do. I have two other excursions I might want to add to two of the other ports if the timing works, but since the current excursions there are 6 hours a piece, no real loss if not. Hopefully it will all work out.

Just for grins, which port is it that you have the conflict with?

That would be Kona. I want to see the seahorse, but the tour is at 10-12. Which I am sure, I may be able to find some sort of tour after that one. I also wanted to snorkle in Kona, but none of the snorkle tours have shown up yet. I may have to eventually just book my own snorkling if none eventually show up.

I am doing a Luau in Maui after 430 which actually is a private tour. I am hoping carnival opens up an early day snorkling tour for that island as well. They have renamed it three times while I have been watching for the tour. Currently it is called Molokini & turtle town zodiac snorkle adventure. This is the one exercursion I am extremely hoping shows up! I want to do this one more than any other tour.

In Honolulu, I will be doing a private tour of Pearl Harbor until 3pm. I am hoping to find a carnival excursion that I can do after that one since we are there until 11pm. The natural highlights of oahu look good, but again the timing does not work. They have the timing for that tour as 10-2. I do not know how hard it will be to find any tour after 3pm.

In Hilo, I am doing an all day private tour, so no worries there. It is gonna be an amazing tour of the waterfalls, volcanoes, and beaches.

Last, in Ensenada I will be off roading the entire time, so good there also.

Well, that is all of my woes for excursions lol.

That would be Kona. I want to see the seahorse, but the tour is at 10-12. Which I am sure, I may be able to find some sort of tour after that one. I also wanted to snorkle in Kona, but none of the snorkle tours have shown up yet. I may have to eventually just book my own snorkling if none eventually show up.

Are you talking about this?

http://seahorse.com/

Why not just grab a cab and go there at a time convenient for you. The short tours and poor times are one of the reasons I rarely book cruise line shore excursions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you talking about this?

http://seahorse.com/

Why not just grab a cab and go there at a time convenient for you. The short tours and poor times are one of the reasons I rarely book cruise line shore excursions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is the place. They only have tours at 10 and 12 on the days I would be in port. It will not be much difference. The timing would still be weird.

I am doing a Luau in Maui after 430 which actually is a private tour. I am hoping carnival opens up an early day snorkling tour for that island as well. They have renamed it three times while I have been watching for the tour. Currently it is called Molokini & turtle town zodiac snorkle adventure. This is the one exercursion I am extremely hoping shows up! I want to do this one more than any other tour.

In Honolulu, I will be doing a private tour of Pearl Harbor until 3pm. I am hoping to find a carnival excursion that I can do after that one since we are there until 11pm. The natural highlights of oahu look good, but again the timing does not work. They have the timing for that tour as 10-2. I do not know how hard it will be to find any tour after 3pm.

In Hilo, I am doing an all day private tour, so no worries there. It is gonna be an amazing tour of the waterfalls, volcanoes, and beaches.

Last, in Ensenada I will be off roading the entire time, so good there also.

Well, that is all of my woes for excursions lol.

What time are you in Kona? How many hours and what time does the ship leave?

I will be in Kona from 9-6 or 9 hours.

Ok. I was going to recommend Fair Wind snorkeling trip. But their trips are too close to your arrival/departure times.

I've done Fair Wind snorkeling trips 2x, but on land vacations. They are superb. 15' slides, dive platform, BBQ lunch, ALL equipment ....

Ok. I was going to recommend Fair Wind snorkeling trip. But their trips are too close to your arrival/departure times.

I've done Fair Wind snorkeling trips 2x, but on land vacations. They are superb. 15' slides, dive platform, BBQ lunch, ALL equipment ....

That does sound amazing. I plan on taking a land vacation to hawaii also. I will add these guys to my list of things I could not do while cruising. Thanks for the recommendation.

That does sound amazing. I plan on taking a land vacation to hawaii also. I will add these guys to my list of things I could not do while cruising. Thanks for the recommendation.

When on land vacation in Hawaii .... check into snorkeling/diving (if you dive) with Manta Rays. There is a night trip and they put lights in the water which stirs up the krill and the rays come. They are HUGE. I don't know if there are day trips with the big Manta rays, I've only done 1 night trip. BUT it's the most awesome thing I've done to date.

https://www.mantaraydiveshawaii.com/manta-ray-night-dive-snorkel-ecoadventure