Menus, get your menus here!

killsport

Hello all! Just returned from a very enjoyable cruise on the Silhouette. I took pictures of menus (dinner, drinks, specialty) when I could. You should be able to view them using this link to my google photos album.

https://goo.gl/photos/kbWoo3hRLaURB3LU6

If you can't see them, let me know and I'll see what security setting I messed up :)

These are camera-phone based, so not beautiful. But they should answer a lot of questions (at least ones that I had), like:

1. How much does beverage XYZ cost?

2. What is allowed in each beverage package (nice standard/classic/premium listing)?

3. What night is a good night to NOT have dinner in the MDR and go to a specialty (for me, Thursday would have been a good night to do that)?

4. When will he learn to take good pictures (never).

Enjoy!

Is the "Top Chef at Sea" a typical Celebrity menu, or was it a special thing for your cruise? I've read some trip reports from cruises where they actually have the Top Chef chefs on board doing demos and stuff.

Thanks for posting!

Top Chef is not on every cruise. Also menus vary a bit depending on the cruise locale. The classic items do not change. For example out of Southampton and Australia there are some different main courses usually offered.

Is the "Top Chef at Sea" a typical Celebrity menu, or was it a special thing for your cruise? I've read some trip reports from cruises where they actually have the Top Chef chefs on board doing demos and stuff.

Thanks for posting!

We had the Top Chef menu on the Constellation, without the actual top chefs on board.

To be honest, that would be my specialty dining night. I thought the menu was lackluster. I went for the beef cheeks (anyone watch Below Deck??). The beef cheeks were the most awful thing I have EVER had on a cruise. My opinion only, as the table beside us raved over them. I did meet another couple the next day - they share in my review of beef cheeks.

Edited by Payd
punctuation

Hello all! Just returned from a very enjoyable cruise on the Silhouette. I took pictures of menus (dinner, drinks, specialty) when I could. You should be able to view them using this link to my google photos album.

https://goo.gl/photos/kbWoo3hRLaURB3LU6

If you can't see them, let me know and I'll see what security setting I messed up :)

These are camera-phone based, so not beautiful. But they should answer a lot of questions (at least ones that I had), like:

1. How much does beverage XYZ cost?

2. What is allowed in each beverage package (nice standard/classic/premium listing)?

3. What night is a good night to NOT have dinner in the MDR and go to a specialty (for me, Thursday would have been a good night to do that)?

4. When will he learn to take good pictures (never).

Enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to photograph and post these!!

Thanks for posting. Does anyone know what happens with menus on a 10 night cruise? Do they just start over? Reason I am asking is we are on a 10 night Med cruise later this month and would like to plan our 3 nights in the specialty restaurants and still take advantage of the really good nights in the MDR.

Thanks,

Henry

Edited by HleeCruiser

We had the Top Chef menu on the Constellation, without the actual top chefs on board.

To be honest, that would be my specialty dining night. I thought the menu was lackluster. I went for the beef cheeks (anyone watch Below Deck??). The beef cheeks were the most awful thing I have EVER had on a cruise. My opinion only, as the table beside us raved over them. I did meet another couple the next day - they share in my review of beef cheeks.

OMG..Chef Leon on Below Deck! Beef Cheeks! Beef Cheeks! and again, Beef Cheeks! :eek: That was my first thought. So you are saying I should pass on the beef cheeks?:eek:

OP,Killsport, thanks for posting the menus. I am about to do my first non-AQ cruises in 7 years. After seeing the Blu menu, I remembered why I changed stateroom category. Blu menus have not changed since I started cruising X in 2009.

Edited by ThursdaysChild

OMG..Chef Leon on Below Deck! Beef Cheeks! Beef Cheeks! and again, Beef Cheeks! :eek: That was my first thought. So you are saying I should pass on the beef cheeks?:eek:

OP,Killsport, thanks for posting the menus. I am about to do my first non-AQ cruises in 7 years. After seeing the Blu menu, I remembered why I changed stateroom category. Blu menus have not changed since I started cruising X in 2009.

Another Below Deck fan?!!! Follow your heart on the beef cheeks. Chef Leon got rave reviews week after week after week. [emoji3]

Interesting about the Blu menus. Too bad they don't mix things up and update more often.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. Does anyone know what happens with menus on a 10 night cruise? Do they just start over? Reason I am asking is we are on a 10 night Med cruise later this month and would like to plan our 3 nights in the specialty restaurants and still take advantage of the really good nights in the MDR.

Thanks,

Henry

There are 14 different dinner menus on Celebrity, so you should not get any repeats on your 10 night cruise. It may be difficult to plan your specialty restaurant nights in advance though, because they don't necessarily go in a fixed order. They post the dinner menu in the afternoon; if you ask nicely they may show you the next day's menu at night (I did this on one cruise and they asked me if it was because I had "dietary restrictions"...)

First, I was a bit of a piggy, and since we had a group of 9 I often ordered an entrée or two for the table to "share". Meaning, it was close to me, but if other people had fast hands I wouldn't stab them :)

The coffee menu from the Café al Baccio hasn't changed in my memory from the last six years. Still espresso, tea, and hot chocolate based drinks. Depending on who makes them, they are good. On the premium bev package, we did find the Honig Sauv Blanc (Cellar Masters) and a Red Bordeaux (MDR) we enjoyed and kept coming back to. They seemed to pair nicely with seafood and red meat (respectively).

Another person commented on the pricing and how expensive the beverages were. I COMPLETELY agree!

<bitch session>

An example in the Cellar Masters was the Enotec machines (or whatever they were) had a bottle of Evodia (a Grenache blend I bought at Costco for $7 so let's say, generously, that X would pay $8). They were charging $10.50 a glass!!! I expect a restaurant (and the ships are floating restaurants) to have a 3x markup. So that should be $24 bottle / 4.5 glasses per bottle or about $5.50.

And Sam Adams (regular Boston Lager) for $8? That's on par with the Ritz Carlton in South Beach? I would expect it to be $4-5, like in a similar land-based restaurant.

</bitch session>

Below are what I ordered and ratings on a 1-10 scale. Keep in mind that since my parents were both teachers, there is no such thing as a 10. Only the dream of being perfect... Anything above a 5 is worth eating and enjoying.

Someone asked about dessert menus. To be honest, the desserts were mostly 3's and 2's with one big exception. One night they had the soufflé from Murano (not on the menu, but we were offered it) and it was an 8-9!

Sunday:

Arugula Salad (7)

Shrimp Louis (3)

Caesar Salad (6)

Escargots (8)

Pork Chop (8 -- not kidding; moist and tasty and was a huge surprise)

Prime Rib (7)

Monday:

Frog Legs (5)

Spinach Salad (6)

Caesar Salad (6)

Escargot (8)

Seared Duck (7)

Rack of Lamb (6)

Tuesday:

Kale Beignet (6)

Flounder Crudo (6)

Onion Soup (6)

Redfish (6)

Beef Cheek (7)

Wednesday:

Caprese (4 - tomatoes were not ripe!!!!)

Asparagus Salad (6)

Wedge Salad (5)

Branzino (8)

Lamb in Phyllo (7)

Note: I didn't taste, but one at our table loved the Turkey Parm

Thursday:

Spinach Turnover (4)

Gumbo (4)

Escargot (8)

Steak Dianne (4)

Veal Cordon Bleu (5)

Friday:

Kale Salad (6)

Scallops Rockerfeller (8)

Arugula Salad (7)

Lobster tail (8 -- even though it wasn't Maine Lobster, it was large and not overcooked)

Duck (8 - surprisingly good, but the crispy skin got less crispy because they put the dome over it to transport it from the kitchen)

Lamb (6)

Wellington (6)

Saturday:

Beef Carpaccio (8)

Gorgonzola Salad (5)

Crab Cake (3)

Escargot (8)

Drum Fish (7)

Short Ribs (6)