Will the Price Really Fluctuate?

Hey all,

My boyfriend and I got a great discount on a cruise last year over Thanksgiving and we would like to do another one this year. Last year he booked about six weeks out. This year I am looking at one with Royal Caribbean that is longer (7 night) and is priced at $650 per person right now. In your experience, what is the likelihood the price will change? I know that people talk about sales and whatnot with cruises but I have never priced one out throughout the months to see if they really go up and down.

Thank you!

Yes they really go up and down but if sales are good they are not going down . If you have little flexibility in when to sail or have strong preferences as to ship , cruise port , itinerary , cruise line or any other variable , booking ahead is always a good idea . You will be credited for any price drops prior to final payment date . Price drops after final payment may allow you to upgrade at little cost .

If you have lots of flexibility then you can ignore the above and play the lottery .:D Last Summer we snagged a 1 week prime balcony Med cruise with drink package for less then a thousand each booking just 5 weeks out . Similar cruises were priced at 2 to 3 times that .

Same here. Never seen a drop in price. I have seen some fluctuations, but usually that comes and goes with some offers or other something or other that actually balances it out.

The best thing personally is book it out as far as possible and just checkin monthly or so for drops, then it will be refunded or OBC or a nice upgrade. Pick the budget, and don't worry. If the price feels good to you, it more than likely is the best price.

I have been watching the Escape for June and there was just a 2% drop in price, of course that was after two 1% increases...so you can see what they did there...LOL

• 1 month later...

Think about what will disappoint you more, not getting the absolute lowest price or not getting the cruise.

I was holding out booking a TA for August and then decided that I was risking not getting the cruise at all so booked at what was an acceptable price to me. Price might drop further but I decided I wasn't prepared to risk no holiday (we had no flexibility on dates this year).