AQ - How good are the toiletries?

xXbunnyhopXx

I'm reading in the descriptions of the cabin that we get a special blend of bath products.

I usually bring my own shampoo because I usually don't like the ones offered.

Are these quality products that I would like using?

And how strong is the hair dryer? Can I take that out of my packing list as well? O.o

Thanks for your input!!

The hair dryer is ok unless you have very thick or long hair. The dryer is the kind that requires you keep your finger on the button so can be a bit challenging to style your hair. I bring a thick rubber band to keep the button depressed.

The shampoo and conditioner are ok. I use the shampoo but bring my own conditioner.

I have medium texture medium length hair which has not been processed. We have booked Aqua Class staterooms and I have no problems with the AQ toiletries. But I think that opinions about toiletries are similar to options about food -- very subjective.

You do know that answers to this question are all personal. What is good enough for me might not be good enough for you. What one person finds high end, another finds a mid-range. It is such a personal thing. For instance, do you like cilantro? I don't. Do you drink tequila? I don't. I like gin, some people don't. So you need a reference point. Oddly enough, when we travel, we stay in Choice hotels - not a high end hotel chain, but the Quality Inn - not the higher end of this mid-range hotel chain - has the best smelling soap anywhere. I like it as well as my expensive soap from Thymes. So you really need something to compare with. Do you use Aveda products at home? CVS Nuance products? L'Oreal? That would provide a point to compare with.

You do know that answers to this question are all personal. What is good enough for me might not be good enough for you. What one person finds high end, another finds a mid-range. It is such a personal thing. For instance, do you like cilantro? I don't. Do you drink tequila? I don't. I like gin, some people don't. So you need a reference point. Oddly enough, when we travel, we stay in Choice hotels - not a high end hotel chain, but the Quality Inn - not the higher end of this mid-range hotel chain - has the best smelling soap anywhere. I like it as well as my expensive soap from Thymes. So you really need something to compare with. Do you use Aveda products at home? CVS Nuance products? L'Oreal? That would provide a point to compare with.

Funny you should mention QI soap. Yes, the bar soap is good but the shampoo is very drying and the so-called "conditioner" is totally worthless IMO. Opinions, opinions, opinions. 🤔

Funny you should mention QI soap. Yes, the bar soap is good but the shampoo is very drying and the so-called "conditioner" is totally worthless IMO. Opinions, opinions, opinions. 🤔

I so agree. I take my Aveda shampoo & conditioner with me when I travel. I don't want to undo the hard work of my stylist.

That said, in the past I've been happy with the shampoo & conditioner in the Veranda cabins. I can't speak for other cabins. And they keep changing.

I'd bring my own dryer. The ones on the ship require the button to be depressed for air flow. My hair is long and thick, and to try drying it with the ship dryer would take too long, do a poor job and give my hand a workout I don't need. It's a pain to bring my dryer, but I've tried the ship dryer and gave up. In fact I've tried the ship dryer on several different ships thinking maybe it's that particular dryer that doesn't do the job. Concierge and Aqua cabins are supposed to get higher end shampoo/conditioner and most times we have. Sometimes, for inexplicable reason, we get the regular products, and honestly I don't see much of a difference between them except for the scent. If you are particular about what you use, bring your own. If you can deal with a change for the length of your cruise, then chance it. As was said before, it's a personal call. FWIW I figure that my DH has seen worse, and the rest of the fellow passengers I don't know and don't know me, so if my hair isn't behaving as I'd like at home, oh well!

The first time we were in Aquaclass our products were twice as large. The second time they were the same products but regular size, but some were packaged in a darker container for the conditioner. When I asked about the regular sized products, was just told, no, those are the size. So, not sure how it all works. I liked the hand and body lotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Soap is ok. I always bring my own products. I never assume that a ship will provide products that I like. Once in awhile a hotel pr ship has good products. Just off Windstar which provides L'occitane products. They are good. Be safe and bring what you use. Hair dryer works. I hate having to hold in the button to make ot work. Bring a heavy clamp. I use the beach chair clips.

• 3 months later...

I think that the shampoo made my hair fallout, the conditioner made my hair turn grey and the body lotion made my skin look older and wrinkled. I started sailing on x about six years ago and that was in AQ and sailed most of the time in AQ. I had more hair that was brown and nicer looking skin on that first cruise. 🤔 Can't think of any else to blame it on. 🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I think that the shampoo made my hair fallout, the conditioner made my hair turn grey and the body lotion made my skin look older and wrinkled. I started sailing on x about six years ago and that was in AQ and sailed most of the time in AQ. I had more hair that was brown and nicer looking skin on that first cruise. 🤔 Can't think of any else to blame it on. 🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

You forgot to mention that you are now one inch shorter. Darn body lotion....