Celebrity Website Favorite Message

thephillykid

"The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk."

I get this every time i try and do on line check in for the last 4 days.

The website is ridiculous.

Its a good thing we have over 3 months to get checked in.

Anyone else having similar issues with check in?

Howard

The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk.

For what it is worth, I called the Captain's Club because I could not check in. Silly me, I logged in and went through a series of "manage reservations" screens and got to online checkin and nothing!

The customer service rep had me log in, then click on "checkin" just to the left of "welcome cruzzzinma" in the top right corner of the screen. That took me to the old checkin screens and it worked.

I tried that, and I still get the 20 minute lockout message.

I would try calling and see if support person can hang on while you are trying to get in so they also know, at least in your case, what is happening and maybe able to try a second alternative.

Good luck!

I have been extremely fortunate that I've been able to check in, print our Express Pass, see our documents and print the luggage tags.

What I have been trying unsuccessfully to do for weeks is sign up for a Connections party. Even the Captain's Club people couldn't get anywhere with that for me.

So out of all these things, signing up for the party is probably the least important. At least I'm pretty sure that I have a recognised booking and we'll be allowed on the ship!

I called the number for on line check in a little while ago and they told me that they use the same way of getting into the system and that I should be very thankful that my cruise is not till the end of October. The woman at Celebrity told me that she was hopeful that the error would be fixed sometime before that. WOW. is all that I can say.

I can't believe that this large a company doesn't have a department who are trying to fix this.

This is truly embarrassing.

I've got to say, I loved our 2 Celebrity cruises, but this saga certainly does not induce me to book with that line again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The website is a PITA, no arguing there. I've had the same issue of being locked out for 20 minutes that never end. Try the drop down menu on the left side. Select 'Cruise Planner'. That's how I finally got in. Hope it works when I have to check in.

I hate the website, but that would not dissuade me from enjoying a Celebrity cruise.

I have been extremely fortunate that I've been able to check in, print our Express Pass, see our documents and print the luggage tags.

What I have been trying unsuccessfully to do for weeks is sign up for a Connections party. Even the Captain's Club people couldn't get anywhere with that for me.

So out of all these things, signing up for the party is probably the least important. At least I'm pretty sure that I have a recognised booking and we'll be allowed on the ship!

There is or was a Cruise Critic sticky about the Connections regis issues..hope it gets resolved for you

How far out were u you able get your docs and tags..today we were told 45 to 30 days. Used to be 60

There is or was a Cruise Critic sticky about the Connections regis issues..hope it gets resolved for you

How far out were u you able get your docs and tags..today we were told 45 to 30 days. Used to be 60

It was about 10 days ago for an 8th September cruise, so within that 30-45 day window.

I have a Plan B and a Plan C for the Connections party. I'm going to ask on the roll call if someone will kindly post the date and time on the roll call, or just leave me a message in our cabin, and I also plan to have a quick word with the Captain's Club Hostess/Host and get them to tell me where and when.

I called the number for on line check in a little while ago and they told me that they use the same way of getting into the system and that I should be very thankful that my cruise is not till the end of October. The woman at Celebrity told me that she was hopeful that the error would be fixed sometime before that. WOW. is all that I can say.

I can't believe that this large a company doesn't have a department who are trying to fix this.

This is truly embarrassing.

I couldn't agree more :mad:

I got a phone call after I had emailed them. They gave no indication when the site would be up and running properly. They thou said they could help me by phone. I am now wondering how long it will take them to go thru all the excursions with me. I never got a chance to ask as they left a message on my answering machine.

Other than everything mentioned above, I'm also $300.00 short in my OBC account.

It was correct a month ago, and now, poof, gone.

It would be nice to be able to go to the site and see if it is back, but the white screen of death is prevailing.

I can't even do a search for cruises... when I click on the departure date, port, etc drop downs I get nothing or I get the boat to come up and when the page refreshes it erases everything. Worst website I've ever seen, especially considering the cost of these cruises!

Hate to be the one to say: "I told you it would be a sh*tshow", but when a lot of the last 8 years of one's career is cleaning up Accenture's IT/systems development project messes, I believed they would only make it worse. Accenture: Mission Accomplished.

Celebrity Cruises hires Accenture to boost digital experience

www.consultancy.uk/.../celebrity-cruises-hires-accenture-to-boost-digital-experience

Hate to be the one to say: "I told you it would be a sh*tshow", but when a lot of the last 8 years of one's career is cleaning up Accenture's IT/systems development project messes, I believed they would only make it worse. Accenture: Mission Accomplished.

Celebrity Cruises hires Accenture to boost digital experience

www.consultancy.uk/.../celebrity-cruises-hires-accenture-to-boost-digital-experience

Yep. Accenture did clean up the US' Healthcare.gov website, but it cost 78 million dollars or something like that.

I wonder how much money Celebrity has?