Does Celebrity offer upgrades or upsells if you have picked your cabin number?

Ru2on

Just wondering how it works with Celebrity. Example I have chosen my balcony cabin number and booked a decent cat D obstructed cabin on the hump. I chose not to use my one cat upgrade with the captains club as there were only a few poor cat c part obstructed cabins left.

By picking my cabin number does that mean Celebrity would bypass me for any upgrades or upsells?

..and how do Celebrity normally contact if they are offering an upsell ph or email?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot will depend on how well the cruise has sold. If they have a lot of empty cabins after the final payment date you may see some offers for upgrade or upsell. If the cruise is pretty full, you won't see it. It is all supply and demand

I received a phone call from Celebrity . I had booked direct with them. They do not call people who booked with a TA. It was about 6 weeks before a cruise from Chile and there were quite a few cabins open. Many cruises are close to being sold out so upgrade calls are not made

I received a phone call from Celebrity . I had booked direct with them. They do not call people who booked with a TA. It was about 6 weeks before a cruise from Chile and there were quite a few cabins open. Many cruises are close to being sold out so upgrade calls are not made

We booked through a TA, whilst Celebrity did not directly call us they did offer an upgrade through the TA to a Suite. The call was two days before we sailed.

I believe X do offer upsells if booked through a TA as there have been posts confirming this in the past. Now if they call if you are outside the US or Canada is another matter :confused:?

I believe X do offer upsells if booked through a TA as there have been posts confirming this in the past. Now if they call if you are outside the US or Canada is another matter :confused:?

I was actually saying that Celebrity called . If you are with a TA Celebrity will not call you but your TA might

That's something I would love to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year Celebrity called us for an upsell (for a modest amount of money) to a signature suite on Reflection. We had booked through a TA and the revenue department said they were going to call our TA after they finished talking to me. We were in a Celebrity Suite.

Last year Celebrity called us for an upsell (for a modest amount of money) to a signature suite on Reflection. We had booked through a TA and the revenue department said they were going to call our TA after they finished talking to me. We were in a Celebrity Suite.

Thank you for this piece of information. It's interesting they called you direct but makes sense to see if you are interested before getting TA in the loop. I was offered and upsell on the one and only time I booked direct with Celebrity. All other times I used a TA and wondered if they didn't bother with me because they would have to go through the TA.

Quite a few years ago, we were offered, and took, a bump for one week on the old Century with a full refund including air. This was through the T/A. We had to pay the taxes. The reason was that X over sold the ship to a large number of Mexican Family Reunions, This was back in the "Prodigy" days and we heard it was one of the worst cruises ever (if you weren't in the family), Seemed like a free escape.

Jeff