Questions about Transfers from and to : Miami Airport - Embassy Suite Hotel - Harmony

Hello there,

We booked our first cruise using a travel agent but the agency will only be able to give us those details only few weeks before departure, and we like to plan ahead.

They booked it only by phone calling RC

So our trip includes :

Flight from CDG to Miami on Friday

Transport from the Airport to the Embassy Suite Hotel

Then we must go to the Port by our own means Saturday

The Cruise on the Harmony on Saturday

Transport from the Port to the Airport the next Saturday

Flight from Miami to CDG

There is no informations about ground transportation on the RC online check-in website :

"Ground Transportation: Departure - Miami Airport . More info

Ground Transportations.gifcor_systemerror_ico.gifWe are upgrading and improving our reservation system this weekend to create a better guest experience for you. While some aspects of the reservation system may not be fully operational, we are ready to help with any new reservation inquiries - and encourage you to call us during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you?ll visit again soon to continue planning your vacation."

It's like this since 3 month...

What we would like to know is how those transport are handled ?

Is there a RC (or RC partnershiped company) only Shuttle like every hour from the Airport to the Embassy Suite Hotel ?

or is it a fixed time only departure 1 hour after each flight arrival ?

Same questions about the return from the Ship to the Airport ?

Anything we must know about how luggage are handled ?

Every kind of informations about that subject will be welcome :)

Thankd

IF its all done by RC then there will be a RC rep at the airport directing you to your transport to the Hotel and will also give you pick up details from your hotel the following day . [i believe the Embassey Suites arrange this for you]

All very easy when all booked in house

Just look for the rep in the arrivals hall

I always make sure I have the international help desk number programmed into my phone should I have any issues but have yet to have to use it

Enjoy your cruise you will love the Harmony

Collect your luggage as usual and take it to the hotel remove airline tags and add your cruise tags ready for collection in the morning

Sometimes depending on numbers they may take your luggage in a van and you in a bus or traditionally you take it with you and hand it to the porters at the port when you arrive

Next time you see it it will either be outside your stateroom or even in your room

Hi,

As I read your itinerary, it looks as though everything is covered except for the ride to the cruise terminal on the morning of embarkation. Although I have looked at the Hotel's web site I can see no mention of a shuttle bus to the cruise terminal. Having said that, sometimes the hotel has an outside contractor providing this service. (We used the Sheraton airport hotel recently and it was $8 per person which is slightly cheaper than a taxi if there are 2 of you but more expensive than a taxi if there were 4 of you travelling).

You will be picked up by the Hotel's airport shuttle service which is very frequent once you have cleared Miami immigration. Take the telephone number of the hotel with you as this should be on the door of the shuttle. I only suggest this because you may see the Embassy suite shuttle from Fort Lauderdale circling the airport and I am sure you wouldn't want to get on the wrong shuttle although the drivers can be pretty efficient in checking paperwork. It is a short hop from the airport to the Hotel (approx 1.8 miles) . Please note the Hotel is undergoing a major re-furbishment programme from May until December 2017. Reviews suggest that it bothers some people, but doesn't both others. We have never been disturbed by air traffic when stayling in the Miami Airport Hotels. Free cooked breakfast and complimentary drinks at happy hour should be included in your package.

The day before the cruise finishes you will be given luggage tags and a departure time to leave the ship your bags are collected the night before and will be waiting for you on shore you will then be directed to the bus for the airport

SIMPLES HTH

Assuming you're at the Embassy Suites right by the airport, a quick glance at their website shows that they do have a courtesy shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Some shuttles come around regularly, others require you to call. Just shoot the hotel an email and they will let you know.

If the package you booked with the TA does not include transport to/from the port, there are plenty of options available. Easiest would be Uber/Lyft or a taxi. The hotel may offer a shuttle via a contracted company. Personally I would just order an Uber to the port. For return to the airport, same recommendation- Uber/Lyft or a taxi. They are all either waiting or can be quickly ordered via their app.

We have stayed at the Embassy by Miami airport. Not much more to hire a taxi to the cruise port than to pay for shuttle. I don't really like shuttles so for me it is worth the extra few dollars.

That being said----------if you are looking to save a few bucks and enjoy using public transportation, we have flown in and used public transportation both to and from Miami cruise port. Really pretty easy. But we love using public transportation everywhere we travel to!!

Thank you all for your useful answers.

We have an other question about the last day,

we leave the ship early in the morning and our return flight isn't until late in the afternon.

We're hoping to be able to spend some time in town before our flight, but with our luggages it will be difficult to move arround.

Any idea how we could store them ?

I guess we could use the miami airport secure baggage storage as a last possible solution

but we would have to go all the way to the ariport first, before going back to town

Thank you all for your useful answers.

We have an other question about the last day,

we leave the ship early in the morning and our return flight isn't until late in the afternon.

We're hoping to be able to spend some time in town before our flight, but with our luggages it will be difficult to move arround.

Any idea how we could store them ?

I guess we could use the miami airport secure baggage storage as a last possible solution

but we would have to go all the way to the ariport first, before going back to town

How about renting a car or minivan? That would give you transportation and a place for your luggage.

Hello there,

We booked our first cruise using a travel agent but the agency will only be able to give us those details only few weeks before departure, and we like to plan ahead.

They booked it only by phone calling RC

So our trip includes :

Flight from CDG to Miami on Friday

Transport from the Airport to the Embassy Suite Hotel

Then we must go to the Port by our own means Saturday

The Cruise on the Harmony on Saturday

Transport from the Port to the Airport the next Saturday

Flight from Miami to CDG

There is no informations about ground transportation on the RC online check-in website :

"Ground Transportation: Departure - Miami Airport . More info

Ground Transportations.gifcor_systemerror_ico.gifWe are upgrading and improving our reservation system this weekend to create a better guest experience for you. While some aspects of the reservation system may not be fully operational, we are ready to help with any new reservation inquiries - and encourage you to call us during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you?ll visit again soon to continue planning your vacation."

It's like this since 3 month...

What we would like to know is how those transport are handled ?

Is there a RC (or RC partnershiped company) only Shuttle like every hour from the Airport to the Embassy Suite Hotel ?

or is it a fixed time only departure 1 hour after each flight arrival ?

Every kind of informations about that subject will be welcome :)

Thankd

I'm not clear- is your booking for the Embassy Suites hotel in Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

Harmony sails from Fort Lauderdale (Port Evergades) which is about 25 miles away from Miami.

Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale is only a couple of minutes from the port - less than a mile - get a taxi for $8.

The hotel has a shuttle service but they charge $7 per person if I remember.

I would need clarification from your TA about the transportation from MIA to your hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Have they booked a shuttle service for you ( a shared van service which delivers customers to various hotels) or is there a Royal Caribbean bus service scheduled ? If there is a RC bus then you will find the bus outside baggage claim. There is a RC representative in the baggage claim area usually, checking names and giving directions.

OK, summary:

1. Miami to Ft Lauderdale Embassy: If shuttle is RCCL, the reps will be in the luggage area and will direct you to transportation. Shuttles depart when a group of passengers fill them - they have even put us in a prepaid cab if other folks are not due to arrive for a while. No fixed schedule. If arranged by your TA, you will have to ask them.

2. Lauderdale Embassy to ship: Shuttles start around 10 AM and the bellman at the door will sign you up (about $7pp). Or cab for around $12. We usually pick whatever is ready to go when we check out. You do NOT need to wait for a particular boarding appointment time. Or you can do Uber/Lyft.

3. Ship to Miami: If RCCL shuttle, you give front desk your flight departure time a few days before departure and they assign you to a departure group. If arranged by TA, you will have to ask them. Ship will also have tours that drop off at airport, depending on when your flight leaves (typically after 3 or so). Your luggage goes with you on the tour bus. If you choose this and had an RCCL shuttle they will credit your account for that. Or, as Bob suggests you can rent a car. Their are also tour companies that will give you a tour and take you to the airport - see the Florida ports board for more information:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 . Note that the Florida board covers more than Fort Lauderdale, so don't get confused.

Your link problem sounds like a typical web browser issue and might be RCCL or might be your browser. Try deleting history or using a different browser. I've also gotten this kind of problem because I book with a TA and hotels/transportation/cruise billing has to go through them. In that case the only solution is to ask your TA.

OP - Embassy Ft Lauderdale is a great old hotel. Can practically walk to ship. We stayed there back in Feb. Very good free breakfast and complimentary nightly mgrs cocktail party. Several good seafood restaurants within walking distance. Our cab to pier cost $8 total for two of us. Don't know why you're flying into MIA though. Our dd lives in Cincinnati and always flies into FLL which is more convenient and often cheaper.