5% cashback through Discover

Also be aware that unless things have changed any reprice will void the cash back. We did our second cruise through this deal a few years ago, you have to go through their TA and the terms and conditions are about a mile long. Our cruise went down in price so we had it repriced, and then after sailing never saw the cash back. Had a lot of back and forth with discover and the travel agency before being told that you could either have cash back or reprice, but not both

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Also be aware that unless things have changed any reprice will void the cash back. We did our second cruise through this deal a few years ago, you have to go through their TA and the terms and conditions are about a mile long. Our cruise went down in price so we had it repriced, and then after sailing never saw the cash back. Had a lot of back and forth with discover and the travel agency before being told that you could either have cash back or reprice, but not both

That's ridiculous. Its not like the Travel Agency is paying RCCL back for the price drop.

Ebates routinely offers 10% on booking sites and I just booked a summer 2018 cruise for 14% cash back. Use a 2% rebate credit card and you are looking at a 16% discount. I've used ebates for years and have consistently received my money.

Ebates routinely offers 10% on booking sites and I just booked a summer 2018 cruise for 14% cash back. Use a 2% rebate credit card and you are looking at a 16% discount. I've used ebates for years and have consistently received my money.

I have tried going through ebates for booking cruises in the past. Prices increased on the same booking site when clicking through ebates which negated any cash back savings. Haven't tried this recently, maybe things have changed.

If you have a Discover card check your offers, there is an offer for 5% off Royal Caribbean bookings.

Nice! I booked through RC and weeks later (last wk) I remembered my Discover rewards. I called the Discover travel agent and they were able to transfer my booking so I could take advantage of the rewards. Since the entire booking has to be put on Discover card, they had to charge my card for the already made deposit ($900) and have RC refund my AMEX for the previously paid deposit.

Nice Rewards:

- $200 - for 100 Discover points (12 day cruise)

- $100 - OBC from the TA

- $100 - 5% Cashback ($2000 cruise)

:hearteyes:

I logged into my Discover account and didn't see it. Where do I need to look to find it?

Nice! I booked through RC and weeks later (last wk) I remembered my Discover rewards. I called the Discover travel agent and they were able to transfer my booking so I could take advantage of the rewards. Since the entire booking has to be put on Discover card, they had to charge my card for the already made deposit ($900) and have RC refund my AMEX for the previously paid deposit.

Nice Rewards:

- $200 - for 100 Discover points (12 day cruise)

- $100 - OBC from the TA

- $100 - 5% Cashback ($2000 cruise)

:hearteyes:

Nice Rewards:

- $200 - for 100 points - DISCOVER --> CASHBACK-->REDEEM-->GIFT CARDS-->TRAVEL

- $100 -OBC from the TA --- TA TOLD ME AFTER SHE CONFIRMED-->SHOWS ON INVOICE

- $100 - 5% Cashback ($2000 cruise) -->DISCOVER -->REWARDS-->DISCOVER DEALS

Thanks! :D

Hope they are helpful! Nice of you to post the thread!!

Very helpful. I did not know about the cash back double redemptions. Discover is new in my arsenal.

I love finding ways/promotions to save money. My raison d'etre around here. :D

I've been using Discover and Touraid for years. Never have I not gotten cash back after repricing....just less cash back, which is understandable because 5% of 1000 is less than 5% of 1200.

And they've always offered 5%. Sometimes they have a special 10%.

Does the discover rewards count for drink package purchases or only bookings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 5% cash back counts only towards the "Base cruise" price, which doesn't include port fees, taxes or something called NCF's (Non-commissionable fees).... so for example, my next cruise was advertised as $999. I'll get 5% of 799, because 200 are NCFs. I'll get the usual 1% of those $200 and the taxes & fees, 153.46 and UBP fee, 99.54.

I believe we only have to charge the $799 to the Discover Card. the rest can go to a different, more advantageous card, but I've never tested or asked that.

Also, if you've accumulated cash back on you discover card, you can get a very special bonus of 50% off gift certificate. Like use $50 Discover cash for a $100 certificate for use on a cruise purchase. But you cannot combine this certificate with the 5% cash back bonus but still must pay the remainder with the discover card and get the normal 1%......SO it's better to use the certificate on less expensive cruises, i.e. in this case, when the 5% would be less than $50.

Finally, Discover has this 5% for many cruiselines, and the certificate also for NCL.

• 3 months later...
Just a reminder this 5% discount runs through 12/31/17

Also check your rewards because mine has the $80 credit for $40, up to $200 credit for $100.

Don't you have to book using their travel agency to get the 5%?

Thanks, that's probably why I never considered it.

I rarely use my Discover card; it had a terrific sign up bonus that I took advantage of but I only check their offers every 3 or 4 months. Usually end up using Amex instead.

I rarely use my Discover card; it had a terrific sign up bonus that I took advantage of but I only check their offers every 3 or 4 months. Usually end up using Amex instead.

About the only time we use it anymore is to get cash back at Sam's Club.

• 1 month later...
Through 2/28/18 the offer is 10% cash back.

Every now and then the 5% is increased to 10% for some cruiselines. But usually with limits of a certain duration or almost always just balcony or higher class cabin.

But so far almost always 5% for insides.