Deam Chef's table, Steak house or both?

MDgal76

Hubs and I will be on the Dream next August and we love good food! I've read great reviews for the Chef's table and the Steak house. Would you chose one over the other or splurge and do both?

If you can afford it and it is within your budget, I would recommend doing both!

I would book both - they're totally different experiences, but both do have (typically) excellent food. We paid $75 pp for the Chef's Table a few weeks ago, but I'm guessing the Dream has the new menu and higher price? Even at $95, I would still book it. And the steakhouse on the first night is a great way to kick off the cruise (and get 50% off an amazing bottle of wine!).

My problem with the Chefs Table is the duration. 3 hours? I can't sit still that long. I canceled our CT res after hearing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A part of that is spending time in the galley during dinner service and that was fascinating. Never knew what servers went thru to fill orders.

Hubs and I will be on the Dream next August and we love good food! I've read great reviews for the Chef's table and the Steak house. Would you chose one over the other or splurge and do both?

Do both and don't forget about the Italian restaurant which is the best.

On the chefs table is it a "menu selection" that you get to choose or is it "what they give you". I am somewhat of a picky eater and I am curious about the menu.

It's a set menu and you are served each course. The Chef will make substitutions if you note allergies or preferences, such as vegetarian, beforehand.

It's a set menu and you are served each course. The Chef will make substitutions if you note allergies or preferences, such as vegetarian, beforehand.

Ok - Thank you so much for the information. I would eat steak and chicken but no fish. I think I will stick to the steakhouse.

Ok - Thank you so much for the information. I would eat steak and chicken but no fish. I think I will stick to the steakhouse.

This is part of why I have passed on Chef's table. I do not eat lamb, venison, veal, duck, or seafood (except shrimp and lobster). I feel like I would be rude to just skip a course because of this, so I only do steakhouse.

This is part of why I have passed on Chef's table. I do not eat lamb, venison, veal, duck, or seafood (except shrimp and lobster). I feel like I would be rude to just skip a course because of this, so I only do steakhouse.

They will tailor a course to your dietary needs. I don't eat chocolate, so I get a different dessert...and not the ones from the MDR...