airline club passes

flifish64

We have two United club passes that have an expiration date of June 30, 2017.

Do you think we stand a chance of using them when we leave Tokyo on Sept 27th after our cruise?

Carol

No United clubs in either of three Tokyo airports.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

No United clubs in either of three Tokyo airports.

I take that back,there are clubs but since your pass is expired I don't think so. You can certainly try, but they are generally very strict about those things. I've tried to use those passes many times and was denied because the lounges were full. But doesn't hurt to try!

Highly unlikely. Are you Star Alliance Gold or flying Business Class? Those will get you in.

The good news, since it says it is a United Club and not a Star Alliance lounge, you can get in for $59/person, which you can buy through the United app on your phone. Depends on how long you're there as to whether it's worth it, but the overseas clubs tend to have a full buffet and free drinks...

Don't give up yet! If it is an actual United Club, put on your friendliest smile and just hand them over.

Worked for us at SFO last month- did not even hesitate. I also gave a very sincere thank you. It is nice when you have a long layover.

Obviously may not work- we got turned down at HNL but I pointed out they had expired when I handed them over that time.

You just never know- and it is sometimes worth it to buy a pass if your's don't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I look around enough I probably can find you Northwest, Pan-Am and Western club membership cards that I will sell you real cheap.

I have some Republic and Allegheny passes available as well.

Just a side note, Chase issues the passes that come with the Chase/UA credit card, not United so if you have a problem contact Chase about replacements or new ones. United does control the validity and use of these passes but they are issued by Chase.

The last few times I have tried to use my unexpired passes for an international flight we have been told the lounge is full . This is out of Newark

Happened to my brother at EWR couple of weeks back. Posted sign said they were not accepting day passes. Quite a few unhappy folks being turned away.