Harmony - Accessing Central Park Restaurants

Sascol

We're sailing Harmony in October. First time on an Oasis Class ship. We're curious...

Many of the restaurants we plan to frequent (Chops, Jamie's, etc.) are accessible via Central Park. In the event of windy/rainy weather, are the restaurants also accessible from an interior space? I assume there has to be some level of cover to allow you to get there if it is just pouring down rain.

Thanks in advance.

We're sailing Harmony in October. First time on an Oasis Class ship. We're curious...

Many of the restaurants we plan to frequent (Chops, Jamie's, etc.) are accessible via Central Park. In the event of windy/rainy weather, are the restaurants also accessible from an interior space? I assume there has to be some level of cover to allow you to get there if it is just pouring down rain.

Thanks in advance.

There are umbrellas in holders at both ends of Central Park, between the double sets of sliding doors.

I wondered about this too. It seems like a design flaw. Sure you won't melt as someone said, but especially if you are dressed nicer it seems like there would be a way to not have to walk directly in the rain. Maybe it's so infrequently rains that it's not really an issue....still doesn't seem smart.

It's not a design flaw. It's purposely designed as an open air (outdoor) park.

Chops and 150 Central park are at one end so close to one entrance.

Jamies and Park Cafe are at the other end and closer to the other entrance.

If you check your map you can walk along deck 8 corridor then come out the right entrance.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

What about the climate? Is it well controlled or does it get humid with the rain? And how long till things get dried up? Just curious. Always wanted to sail an Oasis class ship but not really into the potential of getting wet on my way to dinner. The hair and all, you know how it is.

There have always been umbrellas in the containers when we have been on Oasis class, even when it was raining. Don't think it will be a problem. But like another poster said, just make sure you use the exit nearest to the restaurant you are going to.

Edited to say: it is open air, you are outside, so it can be humid if the weather is humid. And it will be wet as long as it is raining. Not to be sarcastic, just trying to help you understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So pack a little folding umbrella. I always have one in my bag. Don't see what's the big deal. I wonder how people manage from day to day.

If you carry a small umbrella pack it in your hand luggage.

We put 1 in our case and our case ended up in security as they mistook it for a travel iron and we had to go down to security deck to open the case for the ships security.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Just be aware that one or more of the specialty restaurants may have outside tables. If you are concerned about the possibility of rain then make sure that you specify an inside table when you make a reservation. Although Harmony does not have Giovanni's, we were seated inside Giovanni's on the Oasis about 5 years ago when suddenly a torrential rain started falling. We felt so sorry for the people seated outdoors because the inside tables were all full. This is sad but true....the restaurant gave the outside diners umbrellas to hold with one hand....while they tried to eat with the other!

I wondered about this too. It seems like a design flaw. Sure you won't melt as someone said, but especially if you are dressed nicer it seems like there would be a way to not have to walk directly in the rain. Maybe it's so infrequently rains that it's not really an issue....still doesn't seem smart.

Not a design flaw... it was designed to be an outside area... just like boardwalk. If it rains there you may get wet, just like you will on the first 2-3 rows of the Aqua Theatre during the show!

Not a design flaw... it was designed to be an outside area... just like boardwalk. If it rains there you may get wet, just like you will on the first 2-3 rows of the Aqua Theatre during the show!

Just like I mentioned to someone else....that's a matter of perspective....only one way in and out