Wow! What a Meet and Mingle!!

mizdkc

We are currently on board the Vision. When we boarded the first day, our invitation to our MM was sitting on our desk. It was scheduled for 3 p.m. the next day - perfect. All aboard was 3:30 pm.

Upon entry to a large venue, the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge, we were greeted and handed raffle tickets. At least a half a dozen staff members were there, and we were greeted enthusiastically. Low turnout? Nope. We had several hundred CC members in attendance!

Royal very generously provided cocktails and nibbles. A pianist entertained us. Staff was introduced, jokes were told, and raffle swag was won by many. CC members actually mingled and made new friends.

Hands down, it was the best MM we have ever attended. Nice cruisers and wonderful staff who went above and beyond our expectations.

This is our first cruise on Royal, and we'll be back!

Good news and a nice report.

Our experiences with M&M have been mixed...from great like yours to hearing crickets because of low attendance. The success are hard to predict, but Royal Caribbean knows the registrations ahead of time...so that helps them prepare.

We are currently on board the Vision. When we boarded the first day, our invitation to our MM was sitting on our desk. It was scheduled for 3 p.m. the next day - perfect. All aboard was 3:30 pm.

Upon entry to a large venue, the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge, we were greeted and handed raffle tickets. At least a half a dozen staff members were there, and we were greeted enthusiastically. Low turnout? Nope. We had several hundred CC members in attendance!

Royal very generously provided cocktails and nibbles. A pianist entertained us. Staff was introduced, jokes were told, and raffle swag was won by many. CC members actually mingled and made new friends.

Hands down, it was the best MM we have ever attended. Nice cruisers and wonderful staff who went above and beyond our expectations.

most times the M&M are pretty lame, so glad yours was great! I have NEVER seen then give out free cocktails!

Hi Debra and Bear,

Welcome to RC. Glad you had a great turnout.

Debbie (from Vista Med)

It must depend on the number of participants. Our Med cruise had about 50 of us @ the M/M. This last Baltic one had about 20 of us. Much more subdued and no swag except some hats and a couple bottles of wine.

Sue

Wish I was there with you Debra. :loudcry: Now cocktails- that's a first. Hope you and Rick have a great time.

Hi! Hope you are on the mend! We are having a great time! Immaculate cabin, very friendly crew, shirt-sleeve weather, good food - outstanding! Wish you were here.

Debra :)

I don't recall them serving jack[emoji90] on Grandeur, this past February. Honestly, the M&M was quite disappointing. I don't think we'll attend another.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Grandeur in February too. I think the M&M has really gone down since I first started going to them. We even missed a couple of them because we had things we would have rather done.

No more little gifts when you got there. Of course, who needs another little note pad that they had been giving away for years. Now, they give nothing. The raffle gifts have really gone down hill too. It is nice meeting the cruisers you were talking to on CC though. But, not much time to actually M&M. I used to really like the cabin crawls, slot pulls and luncheons that they arrange before hand.

Maybe they will make a comeback and be strong again, but I won't hold my breath. I guess it also depends on the ship too.

Gwen :D