Grandeur Bedding Question

rpmljm

Hello,

I know Grandeur was in dry dock this year (in the spring I believe), and I wondered if anyone who has been on it since then can tell me if they have replaced the bedding. Are the mattresses still hard and the pillows flat?

Thanks so much!

I can tell you that I contacted their hospitality services for an egg carton mattress topper for my Sept sailing and was told they don't do that anymore but would add an extra plain mattress topper to my bed. Maybe that would help if it's too hard?

Lisa N.

You said the pillows are flat. I must have a feather pillow. Lately most of the hotels and cruise lines have been good. So I did not need to bring my pillow. Maybe my cruise in January I might need to bring it.

Pillows were great in my Junior Suite in July, but you can ask your room steward for an extra one, if needed. Spare pillows aren't kept in the wardrobes anymore but asking is simple and you will get it before that evening.

Was on it in June and didn't have any issues. BUT then I do enjoy a more firm mattress versus one that you sink into and I remember the feeling of a pillow under my head. Have been in expensive hotels (to me) where I have had to have two pillows under my head to achieve the feeling of a pillow there.

We were on the May 13th right out of dry dock cruise in a balcony room on deck 7 and the bedding was very uncomfortable. Mattress seemed very old and pillows were of poor quality ended up asking for four additional pillows to try and get comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I know Grandeur was in dry dock this year (in the spring I believe), and I wondered if anyone who has been on it since then can tell me if they have replaced the bedding. Are the mattresses still hard and the pillows flat?

Thanks so much!

They did not replace the bedding in regular cabins during the drydock. Yes, the beds were hard and I had to use two pillows (which I have never done in my entire life). They might have replaced the bedding in the balcony cabins, but I know it is a definite no for inside/oceanview cabins. If you are in a JS, you have new bedding for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks so much!

I prefer mattresses that feel like concrete and that is why I love the Grandeur .If they change to a softer mattress I will be very upset.

I prefer mattresses that feel like concrete and that is why I love the Grandeur .If they change to a softer mattress I will be very upset.

I am on the Grandeur now and the mattress is terrible (for me). Quite a lot like concrete! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, all the Royal ships I been on mattresses are firm. They weren't I could sleep on the floor, more firm the better. Everyone has a preference, almost no way to make everyone happy. Though I did see a commercial for a Hotel, can't remember which, but they have 2 sided mattresses, one side firm other soft...

Same here, all the Royal ships I been on mattresses are firm. They weren't I could sleep on the floor, more firm the better. Everyone has a preference, almost no way to make everyone happy. Though I did see a commercial for a Hotel, can't remember which, but they have 2 sided mattresses, one side firm other soft...

Great idea. Never heard of a two sided mattress with one side firm and the other side soft.

They actually started changing some of the mattresses in January. They did a couple sections down on deck 3 at that time. We saw a few dozen of them being changed at that time. No idea how log it will take to make all the changes but it seems they are in no rush.

All these posts are quite distressing to me. I will have a backache for 12 days of my cruise in March. Not a way to enjoy a nice vacation :rolleyes:. My only hope is that our cabin on the 3rd deck is one of the ones that have had an upgrade. Hopefully if it is, the upgrade is not hard.

All these posts are quite distressing to me. I will have a backache for 12 days of my cruise in March. Not a way to enjoy a nice vacation :rolleyes:. My only hope is that our cabin on the 3rd deck is one of the ones that have had an upgrade. Hopefully if it is, the upgrade is not hard.

I have had a chronic back problem for many years .Every disc in my back and neck is herniated . I must sleep on a firm mattress.

My boyfriend traveling with me has had a backache most of the cruise as well. Lots of painkillers is what's getting him through. We did ask for double mattress pads but the effect is pretty minimal.

You guys are worrying me. I'm so used to a soft bed. I can't sleep well on a firm bed [emoji20]

You can bring a rolled up air mattress, and use it if the room steward can't get you comfortable. Mine is made by Klymit Static V on Amazon. Others on CC have reported they like it...

We were on Grandeur 9/7 - 9/16 in interior stateroom 3063. The bed was quite uncomfortable. The mattress was very thin so padding was nil and also had a trough big enough for a small horse.

The steward put a double folded comforter on my side which helped a little but was still a poor prospect for good sleep.

Edited by Bookish Angel

You can bring a rolled up air mattress, and use it if the room steward can't get you comfortable. Mine is made by Klymit Static V on Amazon. Others on CC have reported they like it...

We know lots of people who bring a Aerobed (or similar) blow up air mattress on their cruises. This solves to "too hard - too soft" problem.

They did not replace the bedding in regular cabins during the drydock. Yes, the beds were hard and I had to use two pillows (which I have never done in my entire life). They might have replaced the bedding in the balcony cabins, but I know it is a definite no for inside/oceanview cabins. If you are in a JS, you have new bedding for sure.
Actually they did in our stateroom and my daughters, they were brand spanking new and I slept like a log for nine nights!:D