Any other cruise line with similar kids program

terkov

Hi, ok before anyone screams let me be clear. WE LOVE Disney cruise! Just got off the amazing fantasy in February and booked again for next February. However, we are looking at a summer cruise with other family members who are more budget conscious then us, and selling them on why Disney is more then double the price of other lines is difficult.

So we are looking at RC. we have never sailed RC always Disney as my 8 year old loves the kids club. While I know this is the Disney board thought maybe someone might have insight into what line might be closest to the freedom Disney offers in their kids club.

My daughter loves the freedom of the Disney club. Example, if she doesn't want to do the scheduled "activity " (a game, baking, art project) she can do something else ( color, play on the computer, do art)

Is that the same on RC or any other line or is it if you are in the club and it is time for an activity everyone must do it?

Any insight would be super. Thanks!!

Yes, RCCl, Ncl, Princess, however I believe all close during lunch and dinner, so you must pickup the kids at those times.

DCL does not have that policy fwiw. Whicxh rocks.

Some vessels/companies also charge you $$ for after hour care.

Use caution. Do research.

But have safe seas fwiw.

Princess and Celebrity for sure. But at noted, they do not have the "all day, all night" hours at no charge as DCL does. On the other hand, not many parents dump their kids off at the Oceaneer's Club and pick them up 15 hours later.

Celebrity had a theme for each day with all scheduled activities relating to the theme--pirates, etc.

Yes, RCCl, Ncl, Princess, however I believe all close during lunch and dinner, so you must pickup the kids at those times.

DCL does not have that policy fwiw. Whicxh rocks.

Some vessels/companies also charge you $$ for after hour care.

Use caution. Do research.

But have safe seas fwiw.

This is huge IMO. The continuous operating hours of the clubs on DCL is, to me at least, one the top things that separates them from other lines (and certainly not "free" {HA!} soda). Our daughter has enjoyed her time in the kids club on RCCL (the only other line we have cruised), just about as much on DCL. On either line, she would stay in there ALL day - if we let her. The fact that on RCCL they close for those two hour periods annoys the bejeezus out of me. It assumes that everyone follows the same, regimented schedule.

We almost always have second-seating for dinner. The clubs close during main/first seating, and then are open when we're at dinner. Also, on sea days in particular, we usually don't get up super early and usually make our way to breakfast in the 10-10:30 time frame. Which means we likely finish up at 11 or later. So if we were to bring DD to the club around 11:30, it's pointless because they are about to close from noon until 2pm.

I don't really mind the charge on RCCL from 10pm-2am. I'm glad they have a late night option. It would be nice if DCL were open an hour or two later.

My daughter loves the freedom of the Disney club. Example, if she doesn't want to do the scheduled "activity " (a game, baking, art project) she can do something else ( color, play on the computer, do art)

Is that the same on RC or any other line or is it if you are in the club and it is time for an activity everyone must do it?

Any insight would be super. Thanks!!

According to my 10 year old son, Disney gives the most freedom. On all of the other lines, it depends on what is planned, how many other kids are in the club, etc. There have been times he was told he had to participate in the group activity on other lines. This never happens on Disney, which is why he prefers that line. On the other lines sometimes he has been allowed to opt out but not always.