sailing on the Disney Dream next week...

TGANN3

Hello, This will be our first Disney cruise and just wanting to know what is a must do? We will have our 4 and 7yr old girls on this trip. Anyone know what movies will be in the theater? Thinking about just staying on the ship when at Nassau unless has good ideas that are not a tour. Thanks for any information. :)

Hello, This will be our first Disney cruise and just wanting to know what is a must do? We will have our 4 and 7yr old girls on this trip. Anyone know what movies will be in the theater? Thinking about just staying on the ship when at Nassau unless has good ideas that are not a tour. Thanks for any information. :)

You can call 888-325-2500, choose the reservations option, then ask what movies will be showing the week you cruise.

A "must do" is - don't try to do everything, you can't. Just plan to enjoy the things you can do and smile inside at all the others running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Your cruise is far too short to do everything. Decide what matters most to you. Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time seeing a movie that I could see on land for a few dollars. You've spent a small fortune to be on the ship. Do things that you can't do otherwise.

Yes, skip Nassau and stay on the ship.

Your cruise is far too short to do everything. Decide what matters most to you. Honestly' date=' I wouldn't waste my time seeing a movie that I could see on land for a few dollars. You've spent a small fortune to be on the ship. Do things that you can't do otherwise.

Yes, skip Nassau and stay on the ship.[/quote']

Unless you're me and the only time in five years you've seen a movie is on the ship.

Personally, we each pick one must do. Then go with the flow. I've always wanted towel animal demonstration (not sure if offered on Disney); I've still never made it. I finally bought the book.

I want a family picture. I have none since last cruise. I require one nice family picture. Dh wants to see a movie. Kid likely wants princess meeting.

Unless you're me and the only time in five years you've seen a movie is on the ship.

Personally, we each pick one must do. Then go with the flow. I've always wanted towel animal demonstration (not sure if offered on Disney); I've still never made it. I finally bought the book.

I want a family picture. I have none since last cruise. I require one nice family picture. Dh wants to see a movie. Kid likely wants princess meeting.

That's why I said to do what matters most to you. I've seen plenty of movies while on the ship. I've even seen one that I never saw released on land (not to say that it wasn't, just that I never noticed it.) However, that is not how I choose to spend the time on a short cruise.

Yes, there is a session on towel animals on some 7 night and longer cruises. It is sometimes combined with napkin folding, sometimes separate.

When DD was younger, we'd go thru the Navigator in the evening and mark anything that she wanted to be sure to not miss the next day. But on a 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 day cruise, there will be far more that most people want to do than they will have time to do. That's the point of choosing what matters to each person.

Hi Tgann! My DW, two boys 3yr and 5yr old and I were on the Dream last week. I can tell you that you are in for a great time. If your kids are like mine the must do’s are the AquaDuck, playing in the pools and hot tubs, eating ice cream three times a day, ordering warm chocolate chip cookies from room service before bed, seeing the characters, going to the nightly shows, and don’t miss the pirate party. We had the early seating and after each meal the kids wanted to get their swim shorts on and head back to the pools so we only saw a show on the last night. For our next cruise we will be going to the shows every night since we enjoyed it so much. We stayed on the ship while we in port at Nassau and it was nice to have a much less crowded pool deck.

For the movies they were showing Bridge of Spies, Star Wars, Zootopia, Avengers (I believe), The Good Dinosaur, and on the last night the new Jungle Book. We saw Zootopia on one of the sea days. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by MexicoMark

My only must-do is wandering around and appreciating the detail and ambiance of the ship. By wandering, we also sometimes ran into characters and had impromptu meet and greets. My son's favorite things at age 2 were dancing to live music and saying good night to Mickey every night. (If the line wasn't ridiculous, we waited so he could get a hug. Otherwise, we just waved to Mickey as we passed by). On the last night, it almost broke my heart that my son said, "Good night Mickey. See you tomorrow," when I knew we wouldn't be seeing Mickey again.

Edited by bcakes

My only must-do is wandering around and appreciating the detail and ambiance of the ship. By wandering, we also sometimes ran into characters and had impromptu meet and greets. My son's favorite things at age 2 were dancing to live music and saying good night to Mickey every night. (If the line wasn't ridiculous, we waited so he could get a hug. Otherwise, we just waved to Mickey as we passed by). On the last night, it almost broke my heart that my son said, "Good night Mickey. See you tomorrow," when I knew we wouldn't be seeing Mickey again.

We have the best encounters wondering around! I love chip & dale! So playful. The best memory of dd, two, dressed as tinker bell, we ran into Peter Pan. Oh! He was perfect!

Next week 4/25 will be my fourth cruise on the Dream.

First -- I'm guessing that the Jungle Book will be the "hot" ticket (although no tickets are required and you can go as many times as you want, for FREE) for our sailing.

Additionally -- when you get on the ship, you are encouraged to eat lunch (I encourage you to do that too). I also suggest you wear your swim suits under the clothes you board in (if possible) and head straight to the Aqua Duck water slide. Double check your children's ages/heights so you don't have any disappointed littles on your hands, but Day 1, after lunch is the LEAST busy you'll find the slide (other than potentially when the ship is in port -- Bahamas and Castaway Key).

Another fun activity for your littles is the interactive scavenger hunt in the hallways. Fantastic fun! They'll be amazed to see the art work come to life. Check out the kids clubs -- they are THE BEST IN THE WORLD. Our first cruise, my kids spent more time in the kids clubs, than with us (much to our chagrin). At one point, my husband and I had to just accept that they chose to do the clubs because they were that much fun, and not because they didn't want to hang with us... and we all had an amazing experience.

Love, love, love Disney Cruises (this will be our 10th cruise with Disney -- and we've only done the Dream or the Wonder -- and LOVE BOTH).

Happy sailing!

Edited by NHMomof2BusyKids
To add content.

Don't forget that you can drop a pillow case and/or picture mat off at the front desk and the cast will sign it for the kids. Good idea to include some candy/snacks for the cast in your plastic bag.

Don't forget that you can drop a pillow case and/or picture mat off at the front desk and the cast will sign it for the kids. Good idea to include some candy/snacks for the cast in your plastic bag.

I read somewhere on these boards that they no longer do this. Have they reinstated it? We would love it if they still did this.

Yes, that was discontinued last year unfortunately