? re: Dream cat 4B bed setup

Constance331

Does the queen bed split into twins?

We are two adult women & a 4 year old child. I assumed that the three of us would all have separate sleep accommodations without any two having to share.

Would appreciate any and all responses.

Does the queen bed split into twins?

We are two adult women & a 4 year old child. I assumed that the three of us would all have separate sleep accommodations without any two having to share.

Would appreciate any and all responses.

No, the queen bed does not split into twins.

Not knowing the room capacity for your particular room, I can only say you'll have at least the queen bed and a sofa bed. One note, the sofa bed is not your typical sleeper sofa. It's more like a pullman bed, in that the back of the sofa folds down over the seat. It's a twin bed.

There may be a bunk bed (over the sofa), and/or a murphy bed (pull down from the wall). Both of those are twin beds.

This is a 4A that sleeps 5, with the beds all set up:

15wjla9.jpg[/img]

Edited by Shmoo here

Thank you, Shmoo, for your reply - and picture! Very informative. Unfortunately, neither my daughter nor I care to sleep on a pullman or Murphy bed. However, my 4-year old grandchild will not mind at all!

I wonder - does the Dream offer deluxe family verandah cabins where the beds do split? We are interested in a large space (hence the 4B at 299 ft.) that is not suite-class.

If they don't offer the ability to split queen beds, is Disney presuming that "family" staterooms are only for couples with children, where such couples would naturally want to share one bed?? I know more than a few married people who would not sleep in the same room if the beds were NOT apart! :-)

Edited by Constance331

Disney is the only line I am aware of that has replaced the split style bed with a single queen bed. I can only assume that the reason for this was the majority of people didn't want split beds, so Disney decided to cater to the majority.

Another plus, not ending up in the crack of the bed.

Btw, the couch flipped out wasn't bad. Dh slept there a few nights. I think I napped in one.

(My kid some how takes up a queen size bed, since her & I co slept, that left Dh out her first cruise. The second there were princess sheets. )

Thank you, Shmoo, for your reply - and picture! Very informative. Unfortunately, neither my daughter nor I care to sleep on a pullman or Murphy bed. However, my 4-year old grandchild will not mind at all!

I wonder - does the Dream offer deluxe family verandah cabins where the beds do split? We are interested in a large space (hence the 4B at 299 ft.) that is not suite-class.

If they don't offer the ability to split queen beds, is Disney presuming that "family" staterooms are only for couples with children, where such couples would naturally want to share one bed?? I know more than a few married people who would not sleep in the same room if the beds were NOT apart! :-)

No, as noted, DCL has switched out all the convertible queen/twin beds for the solid queen bed.

None of the rooms onboard the Dream have 2 "real" beds. I will point out that the murphy/bunk/and sofa beds all have real twin bed sized mattresses.

Don't know DCL's reasoning for not having splittable beds, but several of us feel that this move was not really a good one. I've slept on the twin bed/queen option for several cruises (both DCL and other lines) and never had an issue with the joining being uncomfortable. Not saying it can't happen, I've just never had it.