Rain forest room

Eileenfa1

How do u lookup the price of this room and what it has? Someone on another forum said it was in the spa area. I ask dcl - they never heard of it. Can anyone help me. Tia

The rainforest room is part of the spa experience. On the Wonder it's in the Vista Spa:

Personalized care is taken to a new level with our rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms and a sauna room inspired by the Roman baths. Fragrant vapors holistically elevate mind and body while relaxing in the soothing warmth of tiled chairs.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/vista-spa-salon/

On the other ships it's in the Senses Spa:

This pristine setting features rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms, a dry sauna fashioned after a Roman bath, private luxury villas and so much more.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/senses-spa-salon/

For pricing of the various services, go to the link above (whatever ship you are interested in) and scroll down to "Spa services(treatments)" "Villa service(treatments)" "Salon services" and click on "Read more" there.

The Rainforest 1 day pass is purchaseable pre-cruise through the Gifts & Amenities section on the DCL website.

Edited by Shmoo here

Got some more info:

The one day pass is only available pre-cruise, from what I can find. There are multi-day passes available once onboard.

Rainforest Room

Tropic Showers, Warm Ceramic Loungers, Steam Hamam, Warm Sauna, & Traditional Steam Room

3 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $42

3 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $69

3 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $75

3 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $102

====

4 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $56

4 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $101

4 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $99

4 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $144

=====

The Deluxe passes include scrubs, the other passes do not. There is an additional 18% automatic gratuity added to the above costs.

The rainforest room is part of the spa experience. On the Wonder it's in the Vista Spa:

Personalized care is taken to a new level with our rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms and a sauna room inspired by the Roman baths. Fragrant vapors holistically elevate mind and body while relaxing in the soothing warmth of tiled chairs.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/vista-spa-salon/

I was reading that the Wonder has a less desirable version, have you tried it by chance?

All ships have the big, lightly steamed room with the heated loungers. There are then 3 additional rooms with various levels of steam and different scents. There are a couple of specialty showers such as a fog shower. My experience is that these showers rarely worked on the classic ships. That's the whole deal on the classics unless they added something more during the reimagination dry dock (don't know where they would have gotten space).

On the newer ships, there is an open air area with hot tubs. These hot tubs and this section of deck can be accessed only thru the rainforest. All of the ships have adult only hot tubs by the adult pools.

There is nothing wrong with the rainforest on the Wonder--it just lacks the open air portion and the hot tubs. I do feel that it is wrong that the prices are the same on all ships when the facilities on the classic ships are significantly less.

I've also found that I have no desire to use the rainforest if the cruise is in a warm weather situation, but it is great if the weather is cool. Please note that the "length of cruise passes" are only a bargain IF you go every day including embarkation day. Miss one day and you would have been better off with single day passes or a shorter pass. On long cruises (7 nights or more), if they do not sell as many length of cruise passes as they would like, they will offer shorter passes (like 5 days on a 7 day cruise). These can be a good value as you can choose which days to miss. You can spend an hour there, or literally all day. You can come back multiple times in one day if you wish.

On all ships, the area is co-ed, swimsuits required.

There is something similar on every ship I've been on (much as the spa is always run by Steiner.) On Princess it is the "Thermal Suite," on Celebrity it is the "Persian spa," etc. Some ships have a bigger or nicer area than others, but always the same idea and features the same as the original Magic/Wonder.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! I hate to get too much into the Wonder differences because we sail in January and who knows what the dry dock will bring, but it's good to know the differences and where to get the best bang for you buck.

Another thing that irks me about the rainforest is that the relatively new policy of an automatic 18% gratuity applies to the rainforest as well as to any real spa services. No one from the spa works in the rainforest. The only people I've seen in there are the public area housekeeping people. They replace towels and spiff up the place. I've also seen them in the locker room emptying towel bins, etc. These are definitely not the spa personnel who do massages and such--these women were dressed in the same "costumes" as those who clean restrooms, etc. I'm about 99% sure they work for DCL, not Steiner and thus do not share in the spa tips. So...why should I pay an 18% tip on my rainforest pass when no one in that tip pool does anything more than check me in at the door?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you get one scrub per day, one per cruise, unlimited, etc.? How does that work?

I've done many a spa treatment and lounges but what is a "scrub"? Does it literally mean you get a body scrub? A foot scrub? A pair of scrubs? I'm so confused:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The "scrub" is a ball of "stuff" that is intended to scrub your skin. There are many different scents and different colors available.

On a 7 night Fantasy cruise, we were offered a 3 day rainforest package, regular or deluxe. The difference is that the deluxe included my choice of 3 different scrubs. So in that case, it was one per day. I looked and sniffed, but didn't buy the scrubs...in part because there was a significant price difference, and in part because the specialty showers on the Magic didn't work at least half the time--I wasn't going to commit to them on the Fantasy! The steam rooms are lovely, but you'd need the showers to wash off the scrubs. Another guest did point out that you get plenty and that she always had enough to take some home.

Bottom line, I've done the rainforest without the scrubs. I can buy a lot of fancy body scrub stuff for the cost of these...so I didn't jump.