Meet and Greet on the Disney Wonder

grad201182

I am in charge of the Cruise Meet for our upcoming cruise to Alaska (May 2017) and I have some questions about the Wonder. I have only been on the Dream and the Fantasy.

Where would be the best place to hold a meet and greet that is not in a bar we would like to invite the children to come along. Last year our meet and greet was on the Fantasy deck 3 in the chair area that was next to the Royal Court.

Its also our first time to Alaska, I am thinking to have the meet and greet the first sea day I just need a good location to hold it. Thanks for the help

The "standard" location is the Promenade Lounge. This is an area with a bar present, but is an open, public, kid friendly area. It is commonly used for trivia games, toddler dance party, etc. at other times.

I wouldn't go with deck 7. IF is still exists after the dry dock, you still have the problem that DCL keeps it locked sometimes, weather could be uncooperative, and it is really hard to hear conversations at outdoor meet and greets.

I'd vote for a shorter, indoor meet and greet. People can move on from there if they wish to go outdoors together.

As to time, depends on what you want and what the purpose is. We've typically seen 3 pm on embarkation day--makes for a definite ending as the muster drill is at 4. Alternatively, the first sea day.

The issue I can see is that the OP is trying to organize this on the first sea day, so without knowing in advance what activities are scheduled in the Prom Lounge, that could be tricky to schedule unless you all are in contact with each other once aboard.

In hindsight, since it is a Alaska cruise, maybe deck 7 AFT isn't a good choice with weather.

The foyer area outside the WDT? (obviously not before a show!)

ex techie