Conquest 1/17: a Cautionary Tale

I Luv Crusin

Thx for your review and glad you had fun overall

The minor inconveniences or problems you had won't bother us in the least..... we do like a ice bucket n will request one from room service plus we always bring a large beer bucket up from the pool area and the stewards keep both filled with ice day and night

Can't wait to sail the Conquest in March

When push came to shove we didn't NEED an ice bucket so I didn't pursue it more.

All in all we had a good trip, I just miss the "old Carnival".

I am sorry you experienced some "ehh" spots but am also glad you had a good time on your cruise. We just went on the Conquest a second time in December and had a wonderful time. It's the only ship we've been on so at this point we're ready for a change, but she'll always have a soft spot with me.

Edited by iheartmarshall

Just thought of another warning. Be careful what you send to be washed. I know this has been mentioned before but they wash all the clothes together in hot water. The colors come back stained and dingy. I knew it but tried anyway.

All's good, nothing that Oxy White couldn't handle.

BTW, there were some positives but I just can't remember them right now! :D

We were also on the 1/17 sailing, and perhaps had a cabin near yours -- we were 6312, a midship balcony cabin with a steward named Jose. While I didn't feel like we had to "beg" for anything, he didn't exactly come across as someone excited to do stuff that we requested. For the record, however, all of our small special requests were dealt with promptly, and we did tip in cash on top of the standard gratuity.

Our room was serviced twice per day, and after requesting an ice bucket the first day we had fresh ice twice per day -- only once did I need to go get ice myself, and just took the bucket up to the lido deck.

We did the Your Time Dining, but requested the same team each night. Ardika and his assistants, Hossain and Dewa, were excellent.

This was our first-ever cruise, and overall we enjoyed it. I typed up a review of it here on the Cruise Critic site (here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=524916 ).