Bringing sodas onboard

Joyful Joyful

I am going on Carnival Glory in a few days and in my online booking under The Fun Shops (not beverages) you can order caffeine free Diet Coke to be delivered to your room. It is expensive at 10.00 for a six pack but if you don't want to carry on diet drinks the caffeine free ones are at least available on my cruise.

I read that Carnival does not allow bottled or canned soda to be brought on-board, but I LOVE Diet Coke, and have to drink decaffeinated. Could I bring some cans of decaffeinated Diet Coke on with me?

You didn't read that cans of soda aren't allowed to be carried aboard. You're allowed 12 sodas per passenger.

If you've registered the FAQ section was part of the Carnival website. If you haven't registered for your cruise do it tonight. In the process you can scan what's permitted to carry aboard.

Here's the location for the information:https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Here's what it says:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

• Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.
  • A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.
  • Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception:

• At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.
    • A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, steakhouse or bar.

Have a great trip!

Edited by BallFour4

We just got off Paradise. We brought 6 or 8 cans of soda. No problem. Just don't bother bringing water. You can buy a 12-pack of .5 liter bottles for $2.99 and they will be waiting in your room. And if you've cruised before you'll have a 1 liter bottle waiting as well. Good deal.

My husband and I both carry on a 12 pack of can sodas each. You just have to keep them with you until your room is ready

Probably a dumb question, but you can actually carry it on? I figured I had to "pack" it in my carry on.

I know I can only bring 12 cans per person, but is their a limit to how much "luggage" you can carry on with you? Ex, we can both do our bookbags and the soda without problems?

Im such a rookie.... I know!

I read that Carnival does not allow bottled or canned soda to be brought on-board, but I LOVE Diet Coke, and have to drink decaffeinated. Could I bring some cans of decaffeinated Diet Coke on with me?

Thanks all!

13 days and counting!!

Joy

Each person can bring on a 12 pack. We do this each cruise, even though we buy our kids each a soda card. It makes things easier on the budget, and we just move the ones in the room when we get there and store them in one of the cabinets, so the kids don't get confused.

It makes things easier on the budget, and we just move the ones in the room when we get there and store them in one of the cabinets, so the kids don't get confused.

I wish Carnival would start charging people for the items that choose to do this. It is a mini-bar, not your personal refrigerator.

I won't even get soda out of CCL mini-bars anymore because who knows how many times those cans have been heated up and cooled down.

I wish Carnival would start charging people for the items that choose to do this. It is a mini-bar, not your personal refrigerator.

I won't even get soda out of CCL mini-bars anymore because who knows how many times those cans have been heated up and cooled down.

Actually, being in/out of the fridge won't change the quality/flavor/carbonation of the soda! Safe to buy them if you'd like! The only exception would be if it were extreme temps either way (if it was frozen).

Probably a dumb question, but you can actually carry it on? I figured I had to "pack" it in my carry on.

I know I can only bring 12 cans per person, but is their a limit to how much "luggage" you can carry on with you? Ex, we can both do our bookbags and the soda without problems?

Im such a rookie.... I know!

You need to "open" carry your soda on so it can be inspected.

I not a seasoned cruiser like most of you are, but I have cruised several times. The last time we went out on the Magic from Galveston. We saw people with dollies (portable trucks or whatever people call them) and they were loaded down with 6 packs of canned drinks and plastic bottled water. Most of these people also had huge ice chests. I've read that passengers are only allowed a 12x12" ice chest and limited cans of soda or water. They checked us very carefully to make sure each of us had only ONE bottle of wine. Made me wonder.

I not a seasoned cruiser like most of you are, but I have cruised several times. The last time we went out on the Magic from Galveston. We saw people with dollies (portable trucks or whatever people call them) and they were loaded down with 6 packs of canned drinks and plastic bottled water. Most of these people also had huge ice chests. I've read that passengers are only allowed a 12x12" ice chest and limited cans of soda or water. They checked us very carefully to make sure each of us had only ONE bottle of wine. Made me wonder.

That was the standard up to the point last year when the policy changed.

Enforcement is variable, sometimes they tell us to have our wine bottle checked, other times I pick up my backpack and head for the escalator.

It's a private security company in Galveston and the level of enforcement varies based on who is running the scanner.

Edited by BallFour4

We were booked on a B2B right now on the Triumph but had to cancel due to medical problems. Everyone that I've heard from on that B2B were allowed to bring only 1 bottle of wine onboard. The other was confiscated and were told they would get it back on the 2nd leg. I haven't heard if that happened.